• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"I Love My Church" Thread

Guest Guest

• Members

Love my Church. Why?

Its not perfect, its full of sinners saved by grace. (No one walking around with the holyer than thou attitude)

Its growing spiritualy

Its my family

The word of God is preached

Ive heard testamony of people who have left our Church to attend a church where they "feel good" or "feel free to worship as they want" yet they tell people that if you want to hear the Word of God preached, to come to my Church.

• Members
Love my Church. Why?

Its not perfect, its full of sinners saved by grace. (No one walking around with the holyer than thou attitude)

Its growing spiritualy

Its my family

The word of God is preached

Ive heard testamony of people who have left our Church to attend a church where they "feel good" or "feel free to worship as they want" yet they tell people that if you want to hear the Word of God preached, to come to my Church.

I know all about "IF" they want to hear the Word. Sadly many don't. They want entertainment and a pastor who will tell them how good they are, not that they are sinners.

• Members

My wife and I love our IFB church. After moving here from 500 miles away (and we came from a GARBC church where we moved from), we "shopped" per se for the "right" church. It took us about 6 months before we basically found our current church. Until we found our church, our number 1 goal was to find a church where God's Word was spoken and the preaching was from the Bible (and not watered down).

God has blessed our church with a great pastor who preaches the Word and nothing but the Word, not current events, not politics, not things to "tickle our ears" and/or make us feel good. He does this all the while reminding us to "check up" on him and validate what the Bible says if we doubt him. He freely admits he is like us, that he sins like us, that we are all sinners, no one is sinless. Our pastor displays, IMHO, a correct amount of humility (Kayla knows my pastor).

Our church, as our pastor says, is the best (at least in our neck of the woods).

Guest Guest
My wife and I love our IFB church. After moving here from 500 miles away (and we came from a GARBC church where we moved from), we "shopped" per se for the "right" church. It took us about 6 months before we basically found our current church. Until we found our church, our number 1 goal was to find a church where God's Word was spoken and the preaching was from the Bible (and not watered down).

God has blessed our church with a great pastor who preaches the Word and nothing but the Word, not current events, not politics, not things to "tickle our ears" and/or make us feel good. He does this all the while reminding us to "check up" on him and validate what the Bible says if we doubt him. He freely admits he is like us, that he sins like us, that we are all sinners, no one is sinless. Our pastor displays, IMHO, a correct amount of humility (Kayla knows my pastor).

Our church, as our pastor says, is the best (at least in our neck of the woods).

cubfan...I love your second paragraph! My pastor is the same way. He even said one time...that he had such a difficult week that, he lived 90% in his flesh for that week. He is a VERY humble man of God. He has learned many things of "what to do" as well as "what NOT to do" growing up in the IFB church. He is very down to earth...and, while he stands "firmly" on the KJV, he is always looking for new ways to approach his teaching/preaching style. He preaches mostly "Expository" sermons...but, throws in an occasional "Topical" sermon every now and then. :frog He is the most non-prejudicial, non-bigoted, non-judgemental...man that I know. He and his wife are people to model themselves after. He is a good leader...and, keeps the Lord's house in order. :thumb

BTW, KJB_Princess...thanks for the post! And, you are living in Ohio, now! The Buckeye State has wonderful IFB churches...if I do say so myself. :smile You and hubby should try a BIBF- Buckeye Independent Baptist Fellowship, sometime (if you haven't yet). I will look to see when my church in hosting one. :smile They are on Tuesdays.

candlelight

• Members

I love my church because of the youth and the singles, and everyone who steps into the pulpit preaches the word. We have a very friendly congregation who will help anyone out. Many of the church go door to door. The youth and singles pretty much all go to bible college. I have never seen a group of kids who want to serve God. Most of the boys are going to be preachers or missionaries. We have a very missionary friendly church. Most of my friends are overseas working for the Lord. One of my best friends who went to Pennsecola Christian College is going to Ghana. Everyone who I have met has a zeal for learning more.

Guest Guest
I love my church because of the youth and the singles' date=' and everyone who steps into the pulpit preaches the word. We have a very friendly congregation who will help anyone out. Many of the church go door to door. The youth and singles pretty much all go to bible college. I have never seen a group of kids who want to serve God. Most of the boys are going to be preachers or missionaries. We have a very missionary friendly church. Most of my friends are overseas working for the Lord. One of my best friends who went to Pennsecola Christian College is going to Ghana. Everyone who I have met has a zeal for learning more.[/quote']

:amen::goodpost: I know what you mean about the friends being overseas (or even in the USA) serving the Lord as missionaries. My hubby and I became close to a couple...he was offered a "youth pastor" job in Stow, OH. Another couple left awhile ago...he is serving as an Assistant Pastor in Houston, TX. Thankfully, hubby sees the friend from Stow b/c he is taking continuing Bible courses at the Bible Institute at my church. Hubby sees him once a week...all year. But, this guy should be wrapping things up soon, whereas my hubby just finished his 1st year. God bless you,Tired! :smile

candlelight

• Members

I am so overjoyed that God led me to my church. I went to so many that were not straight up liberal but didn't really preah the word. Big churches where they were supposedly relevant but very unfriendly. It is also wonderful that I found a place on this evil internet where I can find like-minded, pretty much, brothers and sisters. I am glad I can call candlelight, John, both Jerry's :lol , bakers, bro. Matt and everyone else whose names fail me now. Getting old.

Guest Guest
I am so overjoyed that God led me to my church. I went to so many that were not straight up liberal but didn't really preah the word. Big churches where they were supposedly relevant but very unfriendly. It is also wonderful that I found a place on this evil internet where I can find like-minded' date=' pretty much, brothers and sisters. I am glad I can call candlelight, John, both Jerry's :lol , bakers, bro. Matt and everyone else whose names fail me now. Getting old.[/quote']

OB... is a blessing to me, as well. :clap: I like how you said..."pretty much". :smile My pastor told us one time...concerning the IFB church not being affiliated with other churches? He said, "we can't even agree, sometimes, in our own church...much less agree with other churches". I found that funny b/c family members have arguments. We are all created different...but, I know we have the same goal. To serve Jesus Christ to the best of our abilities. :thumb :wave: Don't worry about getting old, tired...remember the phrase..."with age comes wisdom". :amen:

candlelight

Guest Guest
:amen:

OB is a safe haven and a fantastic place to fellowship and enjoy friendship with my brothers and sisters in Christ.

If I can't be in church or with my local brothers and sisters in Christ, this is the place to be!

:amen::goodpost: Even though the "natives" get very restless every now and then. :lol

candlelight