• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Harry Truman’s Recognition of the State of Israel

• Members
I believe that one of the most important events in American history was Harry Truman’s recognition of Israel on May 14, 1948.
America’s friendship toward Israel has not been perfectly consistent by any means, but the fact remains that America has been Israel’s greatest friend in modern history, and that is significant. God told Abraham, the father of the Jewish nation,
“And I will make of thee a great nation, and I will bless thee, and make thy name great...
Read More

View the full article

• Members

Excellent article on President Harry S. Truman and his, as President representing the United States,  recognition of the Nation of Israel in May 14, 1948.

The article brings out the many difficulties that President Truman went through with his own Cabinet, the U. S. State Department, the United Nations, the Arabs, and many others too numerous to list. As a history lesson, it is an excellent article.

The inclusion in the article of the letter by J. Frank Norris to President Truman should be read, studied, believed, and followed to the letter, by every individual that calls himself a Christian.

Also, as a personal testimony, my family and I had the privilege to visit the boyhood home of President Truman in Lamar, Missouri. In a plaque, outside the house, it has this quote by President Truman, "I ask only to be a good and faithful servant to my Lord and my people." Harry S. Truman, President.

God used President Truman to publicly recognize the legitimacy of the Jews as the owners of the Land, and Nation, of Israel. 

Furthermore, God has used the United States of America, since that time, to protect, aid, support, the nation of Israel in the midst of a sea of wicked nations, religions and ministers,  bent on destroying the Jews, the brethren of our Lord Jesus Christ.