• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

This City Preacher Is Glad to be back in the City

• Administrators

My family just returned home from a week long trip in Gatlinburg Tennessee to celebrate my Parents 50th Wedding anniversary.  My 3 brothers and their families was able to be there so it was nice having the family back together for a week. The cabin that my brother rented was the Amazing Grace cabin that overlooks downtown Gatlinburg. Here is a picture of the cabin (sleeps 25). 

Screenshot_20190604-164623~2.jpg

Everything was beautiful, but way too many bears for my liking. I'll stick with the city, I'm used to people coming up on the porch when I'm reading my Bible, not have bears chase me back into the house, like this little bear did. 

IMG_20190604_181514.jpg

• Moderators

Two miles from downtown... overlooking Gatlinburg... are you sure you left the city? :4_6_2v:

If that's their idea of country down there, you should come up here! I can take you to a lovely lake over 2.5 hours from any town, with bears and cougars! :laugh:

Glad you guys got to get away and have a vacation. :12_slight_smile:

• Administrators
29 minutes ago, Salyan said:

Two miles from downtown... overlooking Gatlinburg... are you sure you left the city.

When you live in the New York Metro area like I do, yes I left the city. Not nearly as much concrete and not nearly as many people.  Lol

Plus the rivers are clear in TN, and *gulp*  I lost cell reception in the mountains. Not cool. Lol

• Members

And people think Austrslia is dangerous.......

I can (and do) go Bush walking over here anywhere I like and NEVER have to worry about being attacked by big bitey things like bears......?

Or Cougars......?

• Members
8 hours ago, PastorMatt said:

When you live in the New York Metro area like I do, yes I left the city. Not nearly as much concrete and not nearly as many people.  Lol

Plus the rivers are clear in TN, and *gulp*  I lost cell reception in the mountains. Not cool. Lol

I've been to places in West Texas where we not only lose cell reception but all radio reception and out there the plants want to kill you and the sticks on the ground might be snakes.

• Administrators

City folks are always a hoot!. I have lived both in the city and remote. Growing up I lived in the city, but as an adult I have almost always lived remote. Regarding cell reception, I don't have any at home at any time, it just not available. I depend on an old fashioned hard wire phone.

I have also lived where wild things are the norm. In Alaska I had to be vary careful just stepping outside of my door. But then, in the city it is the same in many places, not because of wildlife, but because of people.

• Members
5 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

City folks are always a hoot!. I have lived both in the city and remote. Growing up I lived in the city, but as an adult I have almost always lived remote. Regarding cell reception, I don't have any at home at any time, it just not available. I depend on an old fashioned hard wire phone.

I have also lived where wild things are the norm. In Alaska I had to be vary careful just stepping outside of my door. But then, in the city it is the same in many places, not because of wildlife, but because of people.

Yes! The concrete jungle, in my estimation, is as dangerous as any jungle. Instead of avoiding man-eating lions, cars need to be avoided, instead of poison ivy the smoke of man must be avoided, instead of trying to avoid the man-eating wolf, you have too teach the girls to avoid the two-legged wolf, and instead of the poisonous snake in the grass you have to learn to avoid the two-tongued snake in the chair in the office. Yes! Both the city and the country has its dangers.