• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

John,

I am glad to know that this lesson is a blessing to you. I appreciate your participation in this series of lessons on "the day of the Lord."

Your participation, insight, and helpful comments, have been compliment to these lessons and a personal blessing to me.

Alan

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I will be sending, "The Day of the Lord," study to a proof-reader in preparation to put this study in pdf format so that whoever wants to use it for their own personal study, or a series of lessons at church, or for whatever reason, can do so.

So, if anybody has any comments, dis-agreements they want to bring forth, thoughts, bring out any mistakes that I made, or suggestions, etc... now would be a good time to bring them out in the open. I do listen to constructive criticism from those I respect (and sometimes from those I do not).

God Bless!

Alan

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Brethren,

I am somewhat distressed that  in our age it is becoming somewhat popular not to study some of the godly, and knowledgeable,  men who wrote about the cardinal doctrines of the faith. Also, it has become evident to me that some new IFB brethren are denouncing godly men, such as John R. Rice, and others, who earnestly contended for the faith in the liberalism in their age, in order to promote their own brand of teaching.

So, every once in awhile, I will quote from such men that were used of the Lord.

Concerning that in "The Day of the Lord," that God will dissolve all of the known universe and create a new heaven and a new earth, Dr. John R. Rice, in his comments on Revelation 22:1, and 2 Peter 3:7, 12-13, in his book,  “Behold He Cometh! A Verse-by-Verse Commentary on the Book of Revelation.” page 310, states, “What an amazing thing that a fire will cause even the planets and the heavens to “be dissolved” when “the elements shall melt with fervent heat!”