• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

"Good" Friday?

• Members
31 minutes ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

"deflecting" ?

"I tell you the truth", 

I did not post nor believe anything theoretical.

The catholic teachings, practices and purposes (and sources) are anti-christ, anti-scripture, and lead to destruction.

You still have yet to prove that they are catholic in nature. There is no direct proof that the position I hold is catholic in nature, especially since it have come from a long line of Jewish Rabbi's.

• Members
6 hours ago, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

"deflecting" ?

"I tell you the truth", 

I did not post nor believe anything theoretical.

The catholic teachings, practices and purposes (and sources) are anti-christ, anti-scripture, and lead to destruction.

Jeff, I have been following along. Thank you.

Are all teachings of the Catholic tradition false? Or does it require a level of discernment to see if it’s truth? How would one differentiate between false Catholic teaching, and true biblical ideas that Catholics also claim?

• Administrators

The title of this thread is: "Good Friday". As such, that term is straight out of Roman Catholic teaching. They coined that phrase as well as their dogmatic teaching that you can't eat meat on "Good Friday".

No true believers should be concerned with what is and what is not scriptural in Catholic teaching, because:
"Galatians 5:9 (KJV) A little leaven leaveneth the whole lump."

• Members
5 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

The title of this thread is: "Good Friday". As such, that term is straight out of Roman Catholic teaching. They coined that phrase as well as their dogmatic teaching that you can't eat meat on "Good Friday".

No true believers should be concerned with what is and what is not scriptural in Catholic teaching, because:

That's true. Most of Catholic doctrine is incorrect. Still, the timeline is just a theory at this point. The redeeming factor in the position given me by the Jewish Rabbi's is that they have always counted the days the same way. They were not influenced by the Roman Catholic Church in the way they deal with discerning the days. Whether it's called "Good Friday" or "Crucifixion Day" doesn't matter. Using your line of reasoning, we shouldn't be using the calendar we're using now because it came from the Catholics...it's that "little leaven." JMHO

• Members
On 4/19/2019 at 11:52 AM, robycop3 said:

Simple truth is, Jesus was crucified on a WEDNESDAY. There's simply no way to get three days & three nights from Friday to Sunday AM, even with Jesus being resurrected DURING the 3rd day. Good Friday is a bogus holiday, man-made by the RCC.

Simple truth is right.  Although they called it 4th day,  not w* day.  (they did not use pagan names for the days of the week)

It is as just posted in the thread on immersion - "taught by who" ?   

• Members
19 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Didn't Jesus say the leaven is hypocrisy - the whole loaf (lump) ...

Thus no teaching nor information nor dogma nor practices ought to be used from them.

After the Reformers exposed the anti-christ nature ,  people who repented came out and had no more to do with it.    It did not stop the leaven/ deception/ hypocrisy from growing monstrously, horrendously,  from then to today,  until Jesus' Return, 

So Jesus' warning is even more serious today than ever before.

• Members
On 7/15/2021 at 3:15 PM, jeff_student_of_Jesus said:

Simple truth is right.  Although they called it 4th day,  not w* day.  (they did not use pagan names for the days of the week)

It is as just posted in the thread on immersion - "taught by who" ?   

Doesn't matter what THEY called it-WE call it "Wednesday". Ours is an entirely-different culture & language from theirs.

• Members

"Sinful culture" does not override

God's Kingdom, nor His Righteousness, ever.

In the first century, and since then,  righteous gentiles don't take the names of idols and foreign gods upon their lips.

"Taught by WHO?"  still applies.

Disciples following Jesus instead of idolatrous sinful ulture or anti-christs

learn what is true and right and good in God's Sight "AS IT IS IN HEAVEN, so let it be on earth" (no idolatry, no other gods)

The false gospel(s),  without power to save any soul at all,  love the world and the people of the world (the world loves its own).   They go along with sinful culture instead of being saved from sins power and the power of the world.  They are more popular,  and are on the road to destruction.

On 4/19/2019 at 11:52 AM, robycop3 said:

Simple truth is, Jesus was crucified on a WEDNESDAY. There's simply no way to get three days & three nights from Friday to Sunday AM, even with Jesus being resurrected DURING the 3rd day. Good Friday is a bogus holiday, man-made by the RCC.

Sinful antichrist babylon instituted "good" which is not good,  "friday" which is not Godly, "good friday" which is not only bogus, it is anti christ and deadly to souls.

God's people, both Jews and gentiles, were instructed by God not to serve idols nor demons nor other gods.

Sinful culture serves other gods and trains everyone it can to do so.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The names we use for all seven of the days of the week are from pagan sources, as are many of the months of the year, and the named bodies in our solar system. Use other names for them while speaking English & no one will know what you're talking about. No one is concerned about their origin; they're simply the common names everyone uses.

Many names, signs, & symbols have changed in meaning & usage over the years. For instance, the swastika, whatever it's been called in languages other than German, was a good-luck sign for centuries. The T-shaped cross was a pagan symbol for centuries. A fish symbol was a symbol of Dagon, the fish god of the Philistines & some other ancient peoples. And in English, many words now considered "cussing" were in  everyday usage. That includes the "F-bomb". Just look up its etymology if you don't believe me. And if you read a KJV, you'll see a word for "urinate" that was commonly-used then, but is now considered scatology.

As for me, I shall continue to use the common English-language names for the days & the months, knowing it's not sinful. But if your conscience says it is for YOU to use'em, then don't.  That's all I hafta say about it.

And you see my view of "good Friday" above.

Edited by robycop3