• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Mosque and parking

• Members

I have to vent for a bit......

Some of you may know that we have the honour of having a mosque right next to our church building.

Well in the more than ten years I have been here we have had an ongoing battle with their people using our carpark on Fridays (their normal day of getting together and bowing to false gods.)

I have tried everything I can think of to stop them, from asking nicely, leaving notes on the cars, leaving tracts on the cars, waiting and talking to individuals...….

I have emailed and spoken to their leadership who constantly say that they do what they can, but nothing seems to change.

They suggested that I close our gate on Fridays.

So I have finally taken to closing our gate and today I go to get a coffee in our kitchen that looks out onto our carpark and lo and behold, the gate is open and a car is parked in our car park.

I immediately go out to close the gate again and the guy is returning at that moment, so I ask if he opened the gate. He says yes he did.

I ask him why he thought that was OK, and from there ensues an argument where he says it is a mistake and I say you don't open a gate and park illegally by mistake.

Then three other guys come over and gang up on me, and try to "calm things down" - now I was a little heated but I was under control.

Then they proceeded to accuse me of being disrespectful because I refuse to accept that opening a gate and parking illegally fits the definition of "a mistake".

Also, the guy said he used to be able to park here in the past...….. I have been here for more than ten years and never had an individual muslim seek permission to park in our carpark.....

One of the guys said "I can't say what I want to say to you because it is Friday and I am not allowed"......

I would not be surprised to find that we have damage to our building in the next few days.

OK, I think I am done now......

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We will put up parking signs, and then if necessary we can have them ticketed or towed.

It just amazed me that a guy would open a closed gate to park, and then they said I was being unreasonable. 

• 2 weeks later...