• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Canadians & the Commonwealth

• Moderators

Okay, I'm curious. How many of us on here are Canadians or other members of the old Commonwealth?  If you are, let us know! 

To start us off, I am Canadian (lol), from Alberta. 
(If you understood that reference, you probably are too!)

• Members

What is “the old commonwealth”? I am Canadian, but I am not familiar with that term. Too many years since I was in school and I don’t follow politics, so can only guess what you mean here.

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Jerry said:

What is “the old commonwealth”? I am Canadian, but I am not familiar with that term. Too many years since I was in school and I don’t follow politics, so can only guess what you mean here.

It's a loose association of countries that used to be part of the British Empire.  Maybe it's not as 'old' as I thought it was.  
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Member_states_of_the_Commonwealth_of_Nations

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

You blessed people, having the opportunity to see those stunning views in real life. I've seen imagery from Canada in youtube clips and I felt already refreshed. It looks absolutely amazing, one of the most beautiful places on earth no doubt.

I've been given the chance to visit, but I refused. I think just visiting will make me depressed when my trip will end. I've visited the US a while ago and it has caused much angst and frustration, once you set foot in a civilised world, you see the difference especially if you're coming from an undeveloped country. That's why I kinda dislike travelling, seeing gorgeous places and then returning to a dumpster will make a person hate his life.

I can admire from afar and I can pray for countries that I love, don't think it's wrong, it's not necessary to be American or Canadian to love those countries.

Be grateful if you were born there. US/Canda/Australia/New Zealand are wonderful and magnificent countries.