• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

First Fruits?

• Members

I know that scripture says that the ?waving? of the first fruits is to be done on the day after the Sabbath but is there a scripture that says when the first fruits of the spring harvest become the first fruits?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Hello, your question, "but is there a scripture that says when the first fruits of the spring harvest become the first fruits?"

Not directly but rather God Himself declared it to Moses it's order and calling it the 'firstfruits of thy labours.' Ex.23:15-16 and Lev.23:9-14 are the two best places for understanding this in my opinion. Shows the order and months in which these Feast falls.

Hope that helps some. :-)

• Members
heavenstear,

So would you say that Leviticus 23:10 suggests that the firstfruits become the firstfruits at the moment they are reaped?

Yes, but it was the firstfruits cut out from among the field the main harvest was yet to take place. The firstfruits was the fruit that was ready for harvesting before the main harvesting. Hope that makes since?

Workers would be sent into the field they would tie a red sting around the fruit that was ready for cutting(reaping) they would take the blade and cut it and the firstfruits was prepared. Then is was taking and given to the Priest. The priest then would take it and wave before the Lord as a wave offering along with an unblemlished lamb before the Lord. This was to santify the rest of the field.

In the parable of the Wheat and Tares. Most preachers and teachers miss this about the parable. In Matthew 13:26 it says, "But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also." See when Jesus spoke this parable he was speaking to a group of Jews they would have understood the harvesting of a wheat field. They knew there were more then one harvesting of a wheat field in fact there were three and has been for thousands of years. From the time i would probably say Moses and Aaron most likely. Up until morden times today tractors and other farm equiment are used. The three harvesting are called...
1st - Harvesting of Firstfruits
2nd - The Main Harvest
3rd - Litteraly call The Remnant or sometimes called the Four Corners

" Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, When ye be come into the land which I give unto you, and shall reap the harvest thereof, then ye shall bring a sheaf of the firstfruits of your harvest unto the priest"

With that said, to answer your question, maybe not fully till i look up some notes but...

Yes, cause the firstfruits was cut from the field and given to the Priest. And any cutting away from a wheat field or barley field was consider reaping. But again this was not the main reaping (harvesting) of the field.

In my opinion the prophetic fulfillment of this goes much deeper and explains it much better. LOL i may come back with more on this going to pull out some of my notes.

Don;t think this is fully answering your question but I hope that helps :-)

heavenstear

• Members
I know that scripture says that the ?waving? of the first fruits is to be done on the day after the Sabbath but is there a scripture that says when the first fruits of the spring harvest become the first fruits?

I believe their harvest of firstfruits are in the fall :pmpkn: :wvlf"

:smile

• Members

I believe their harvest of firstfruits are in the fall

Israel?s Seven Jewish Feast
Spring Feast

Pesach/Passover - 14th day of Nisan

Unleavened Bread - 15th day of Nisan thru the 21st of Nisan

First fruits - 17th day of Nisan /was a celebration of the harvest, when a sheaf representing the very first of the harvest was waved before the Lord as a symbolic gesture that dedicated the coming harvest to Him which was in the fall ??.Jesus rose from the dead on the Feast of First-fruits. His resurrection was like a wave offering presented to the Father as the first-fruits of the harvest to come at the end of the age. Which would be in the fall.

Shavuot, or the Festival of Weeks we know as Pentecost - came fifty days after First- fruits.

Fall Feast

Rosh HaShanah/Feast of Trumpets - first day of Tishri the seventh month also the first of the new Jewish Year. Modern times is celebrated on the first two days in times past these two days symbolized not knowing the day or hour when the New moon would set. Today in modern times they know when the new moon sets so they celebrate over the course of two days (the second day was added later, not sure when). It?s when trumpets (Shofar) would be blown it was to awaken people out of their slumber for them to arise. Shofar was also blown to announce the Day of Judgment is coming. This feast is known for the ?Blowing of Trumpets? which can literally mean shouting, an acclamation of joy or a battle cry.

Rosh HaShanah begin off the first day of the ten days of Awe which is not a feast but celebrated each year. The ten days of Awe ends in the Yom Kippur /The Day of Atonement. Basically the 10 days of Awe pr also called Ten Days of Repentance
was looked upon as a time of repentance a time where you would ask the Lord to forgive you your sins or to ask for forgiveness from someone you had sinned against a time for one to ?afflict their soul?. People would put on white robes to symbolize they have been forgiven and now have become pure white as snow. An Atonement has been made.

Yom Kippur or The Day of Atonement - Of course this feast was a foreshadowing of Jesus coming and the final sacrifice made for our sins upon the cross.

Sukkot /Feast of Tabernacles - Much could be said on this one also but this is when a celebrating of the last of the harvest of the year. They would gather at the Tabernacle. On the Last day of this feast would 7 trumpets (shofars) be sounded.

{two extra notes to all who read - one, some of these notes here came from Carol brooks and some of my own. Two, this is an awesome study for anyone specially them who study prophecy and take prophecy serious to study, But no one have I found tells it all. So it?s important to go through this study and look up everything individually you then get a better picture of the whole. You also get a more bigger and better picture of Revelation. Revelation is full of Judgment but it is also full of God?s Grace and Mercy and His Awesome Wisdom. Who can begin to truly understand but a very tiny part of God?s Wisdom. I?m no preacher nor a teacher just love sharing the truth and Paul said let no man decieve you by no means, that includes me. LOL I?m only human and going to make mistakes been studying these feast for some years now and still learning and being corrected. The above is just a small fragment of what can be understood within the Feast and within Scripture. ?Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.?2Tim.2:15}

God Bless
heavenstear

• Members

Don't think there is offense taken. I enjoyed the "schooling" :thumb
I've not taken time to study the feasts...maybe a good thread helping the rest of us understand the ones surrounding Christ's earthly ministry is in order. Think about sharing that knowledge...I would be interested. Oh, and make sure you have references included...
1 John 3:7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.

• Members
Don't think there is offense taken. I enjoyed the "schooling"
I've not taken time to study the feasts...maybe a good thread helping the rest of us understand the ones surrounding Christ's earthly ministry is in order. Think about sharing that knowledge...I would be interested. Oh, and make sure you have references included...

Can do, be happy to, i'll be back.