• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Should a person who is suffering from a terminal illness be able to end their life?

• Administrators

nursing-belfast-hospice-03.jpgI've seen may Christians divided on this topic, Should a person who is suffering from a terminal illness be able to end their own life? Should they be able to end their own life of pain and suffering?

Please give me your thoughts on this along with Bible verses and/or Biblic principals. 

I'll give my thoughts later.

• Administrators

I would have to say no. In Genesis 2:7 we see that God breathed life into man. Life comes from God. It's not up to the creation to decide to end what the Creator began. JMO

I've had family and friends who were terminal, so I have experienced the pain and grief of watching them suffer. But, again, it is not up to the created being to mess with the Creator's timing. 

• Administrators
On 2/20/2019 at 4:10 PM, HappyChristian said:

I would have to say no. In Genesis 2:7 we see that God breathed life into man. Life comes from God. It's not up to the creation to decide to end what the Creator began. JMO

I've had family and friends who were terminal, so I have experienced the pain and grief of watching them suffer. But, again, it is not up to the created being to mess with the Creator's timing. 

I do agree with you on this topic. We seem to make too many decisions based upon emotion rather than what is biblically correct.