• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Hubs in the hospital...

• Administrators

Randy went in for another INR this morning. It was at 2.2. He'll be seeing his primary this Friday (the next INR will be the following Friday). We'll see how that goes. He's doing a lot of walking around the house, and then a lot of resting. His pain level remains about the same.

• Administrators

I haven't updated on my hubs lately because it's been pretty much the same each day. He walks a lot throughout the house. He tries to make sure he gets up every hour and walks for about 10 minutes. He's still in pain all the time, and walking increases it. But he needs to walk to circulate his blood. And walking does speed healing.

He went to see his primary doc yesterday. The doc was pleased with how things were going - he was actually a bit surprised that Randy was doing sowell. But he doesn't really know Randy. heheh Randy is determined to speed the healing by walking so much. AND - God is answering prayer as well.

So the doc said that Randy is to remain off work for at least the next 2 weeks. In 2 weeks he'll see the doc again and they'll make the decision then as to whether or not he can return to work. He is getting back into the pulpit tomorrow, and he cannot wait!

• Administrators

That's a great update LuAnne, I am so glad that he is recovering so rapidly. I wonder if he may ave to have some Physical Therapy? I told you before that I fell last summer right on my knee. Then while travelling this winter I fell in it again while it had not completely healed from the first fall. After the second one I had to have therapy since it was not healing well. That therapy worked wonders and it is just about back to normal now.

Thanks again, what a wonderful feeling to know God answers all of our prayers.

• Administrators

He's still in pain - the level goes up and down. It's a slow process. But he is enjoying the extra study time. We have a lot of sickness with our church right now. Over half the members are ill (and that includes myself and our son). We've sure been going through the fire since last November.

• Administrators

Randy had his INR this morning. It was only 1.9. Not good. So he will be going again next Friday for another test. Please pray that his number will go up. Best is about 2.5 or 2.6. No higher than 3. Without it being over 2, it's likely the clot is not dissolving.