• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

He who letteth

• Members

John 16:7-8

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

2 Thessalonians 2:6-7

6 And now ye know what withholdeth that he might be revealed in his time.

7 For the mystery of iniquity doth already work: only he who now letteth will let, until he be taken out of the way.

8 And then shall that Wicked be revealed, whom the Lord shall consume with the spirit of his mouth, and shall destroy with the brightness of his coming:

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
13 hours ago, Sister Rebecca said:

Wouldn't the Antichrist be known when he makes a Peace covenant with Israel? But of course that would be to those who know to look for this! But then again, if the HS is taken away how will anyone get saved?

God chooses the antichrist by making those that rejected the truth of the gospel believe the antichrist.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

What country has the most unbelievers?

• 1 month later...
  • Members

The HOLY SPIRIT won't be removed. He will simply allow for the antichrist to be born (if he isn't already born) & to come to power. The Holy Spirit won't prevent his coming  any more. He will take Himself outta the way.

On 2/10/2019 at 12:21 PM, Eric Stahl said:

God chooses the antichrist by making those that rejected the truth of the gospel believe the antichrist.

2 Thessalonians 2:9-12

9 Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,

10 And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.

11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:

12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.

What country has the most unbelievers?

Right now, many Muslim, Bhuddist, Hindu, & animist nations. Take yer pick.

And among nations what are not predominately any of those religions, I believe Norway has the fewest Christian churches per capita. (Correct me if I'm wrong here.)

• Members

God's Wrath at the end of this age will follow the same pattern as every other time His Wrath was poured out in Scripture:

Days of Noah

The catching away of the remnant of true believers still breathing at the rapture will go unnoticed by the world and will hardly be the "lie" of 2 Thessalonians 2:11.

The "lie" has been around and building steam for the last 100 years. We have known of it and preached against it's tenants the whole time but to little avail. It has gained acceptance worldwide among the industrialized world. Most who profess Christ (evangelicals, emerging groups, mainline protestants) have already accepted the "lie" of leftist ideology. Most of the remaining more, staunch professors will not embrace leftist ideology personally but will acquiesce to the "lie" to maintain their lives, their families lives and their status quo down here. They will hide their light under bushels so as not be be noticed. And these deluded fools will still think they are "saved" courtesy of the repetitive, easy- prayer, brainwashing introduced during the last 100 years.

Trump Derangement or Something Much More?

• Members
6 hours ago, wretched said:

God's Wrath at the end of this age will follow the same pattern as every other time His Wrath was poured out in Scripture:

Days of Noah

The catching away of the remnant of true believers still breathing at the rapture will go unnoticed by the world and will hardly be the "lie" of 2 Thessalonians 2:11.

The "lie" has been around and building steam for the last 100 years. We have known of it and preached against it's tenants the whole time but to little avail. It has gained acceptance worldwide among the industrialized world. Most who profess Christ (evangelicals, emerging groups, mainline protestants) have already accepted the "lie" of leftist ideology. Most of the remaining more, staunch professors will not embrace leftist ideology personally but will acquiesce to the "lie" to maintain their lives, their families lives and their status quo down here. They will hide their light under bushels so as not be be noticed. And these deluded fools will still think they are "saved" courtesy of the repetitive, easy- prayer, brainwashing introduced during the last 100 years.

I have no idea what you are speaking about.

• Members
6 hours ago, Invicta said:

I have no idea what you are speaking about.

The "lie" is that we must do many things to be saved besides just coming to Jesus in belief & submission, calling on His name & asking Him to forgive our sins. As for works, including being baptized, a saved person WANTS to do good works. That's different from HAVING to do them.

Some day, God The Father will say, "Holy Spirit, time for you to step aside & allow the man of sin to come." or something similar. He may have already done so.

• Members
11 hours ago, robycop3 said:

The "lie" is that we must do many things to be saved besides just coming to Jesus in belief & submission, calling on His name & asking Him to forgive our sins. As for works, including being baptized, a saved person WANTS to do good works. That's different from HAVING to do them.

Some day, God The Father will say, "Holy Spirit, time for you to step aside & allow the man of sin to come." or something similar. He may have already done so.

Thanks.

• Members
On 3/17/2019 at 1:35 PM, wretched said:

Days of Noah

When Jesus was raised from the dead his clothing remained so I believe when I am taken up my clothing gold teeth glasses will be laying in a big pile.

• Members
On 3/17/2019 at 1:35 PM, wretched said:

Days of Noah

Hmmmm...It'd be hard to miss the sudden disappearance of friends, relatives, acquaintances, and a spate of suddenly-driverless vehicles, etc. I believe the "beast" will have a ready-made secular explanation which most of the world will believe, with those not believing him being afraid to speak out.

• Moderators
9 hours ago, robycop3 said:

Hmmmm...It'd be hard to miss the sudden disappearance of friends, relatives, acquaintances, and a spate of suddenly-driverless vehicles, etc. I believe the "beast" will have a ready-made secular explanation which most of the world will believe, with those not believing him being afraid to speak out.

I think they'll blame it on aliens with some new age agenda (i.e. they were unenlightened/interfering with your progress/etc.). Notice how many new science fiction shows involve random disappearances or appearances of large numbers of people? I think the current trend in sci fi/new age crossovers is to prep the world people's for an explanation they will accept. 

• Members
2 minutes ago, Salyan said:

I think they'll blame it on aliens with some new age agenda (i.e. they were unenlightened/interfering with your progress/etc.). Notice how many new science fiction shows involve random disappearances or appearances of large numbers of people? I think the current trend in sci fi/new age crossovers is to prep the world people's for an explanation they will accept. 

Interesting point. Never thought of it that way at all before. Maybe the new trend in entertainment comes with a little more Satanic agenda (not saying the shows are necesarily evil in themselves - as a scifi theme to create a dramatic story), but it certainly seems like more shows are popping up with some aspect of that idea present (based upon a show’s description or trailer preview). In the long run, maybe it will help bias people towards accepting the possibility of a sudden major disappearance.

• Moderators

On the topic of aliens, I have to recommend Alien Intrusion, by Gary Bates. It's an incredibly interesting read on the alien/ufo phenomena, historically and recently. It includes the (true) story of two paranormal researchers who decided to research why the subset of Christians called 'born-again' didn't seem to report any alien abductions - and ended up getting saved as a result of what they found out. This is not light reading, and should be approached soberly (dealing, as it does, with the demonic), but it is a subject I really think that Christians should be aware of and have an answer for.  https://www.amazon.ca/Alien-Intrusion-Gary-Bates-ebook/dp/B004477XBE

Apparently they're doing a movie now as well; I'll have to take a look at that!

• Members

So for a quick summary, what does the book teach? I don’t believe any “aliens” are abducting anyone, but that it is a demonic delusion people are falling for.

• Members

Y'all may be right about an "aliens" explanation. We can't rule anything out at this point.

I believe the beast will be a super-charismatic character who will become almost-universally admired, and when he brokers a deal between Jew & Arab that seemingly ends millenia of hatred & causes both sides to disarm, the beast will be hailed as the greatest statesman ever & his fame will rise to new heights. And all this time, he will be indwelt by Satan. So, whatever his explanation may be for millions of people vanishing, I'm sure almost all the world will swallow it without question. (This, of course, will remove almost all opposition to the "mark of the beast".)