• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Adding to God's Word

• Members
“For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book.” (Revelation 22:18)

This very sober warning right at the end of the Bible was given by Christ Himself (note verse 20) to indicate that the written Scriptures were now compl... More...8lktqtppS_A

View the full article

• Members

Out of the mouth of two or three witnesses . . . that very sober warning is found in other verses as well. You have it in the Law, the poetic books, and the New Testament. God covered the base!

Proverbs 30:5-6 - Every word of God [is] pure: he [is] a shield unto them that put their trust in him. 

Deuteronomy 4:2 - Ye shall not add unto the word which I command you, neither shall ye diminish [ought] from it, that ye may keep the commandments of the LORD your God which I command you.

Deuteronomy 12:32 - What thing soever I command you, observe to do it: thou shalt not add thereto, nor diminish from it.

Matthew 5:18 - For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.

In other words, don't mess with the Word if'n you knows whats good fer ya!