• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Coming pole shift

• Members
5 hours ago, DaveW said:

Eric, you have not researched either the science nor the biblical context to support you assertion.

This is quite normal for you.

And it is quite plain that you are not interested in gentle correction, which is why the majority of the time people pay little attention to your assertions.

And I absolutely believe what the Bible says - just not what you suggest it says.

Dave,

Isaiah 24 is describing the tribulation period.

• 4 months later...
  • Members

There's quite a bit of evidence that the earth's axis of rotation was once different from what it now is, & the North Pole was in Greenland.  Just take a globe loose from its bracket & rotate it with the "top" of its axis in central Greenland & see how much closer to that "North Pole"  that North America is, & how much further from it Siberia is. Also, note how much closer to the South Pole that Africa  is.

There's little doubt that huge natural disasters have hit the whole planet in ancient times. For instance, many of the natural events of the plagues of Egypt & the Exodus were worldwide. The last one apparently was in Hezekiah's day in the 700s BC when earth's rotation was temporarily disrupted so the sun appeared to move retrograde as per 2 Kings 20:11. This phenomenom was observed worldwide, along with earthquakes & volcanic activity.

• Members
On 7/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, Salyan said:

I’m sorry... which of the plagues were supposedly worldwide? And what evidence have you for this?

During the 1000 year kingdom the moon will stay over Israel in line with the sun forming a permanent solar eclipse. The new Jerusalem will come into the shadow of the moon so Jesus light will shine down on Israel as it's light.

Isaiah 60:18-20

18 Violence shall no more be heard in thy land, wasting nor destruction within thy borders; but thou shalt call thy walls Salvation, and thy gates Praise.

19 The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee an everlasting light, and thy God thy glory.

20 Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended.

Do  you all still say the earth can't turn upside down?

• Moderators

OK, so first of all you didn’t actually answer my question. Secondly, You’re adding an interpretation of those verses that is simply not in the clear reading of the text. They could mean the sun’s light is removed (doesn’t specify how, so you shouldn’t), or they could just mean that the light of the Son is so great we don’t even notice the natural lights of heaven anymore. 

This is called “private interpretation”, Eric. It’s fiction, not Bible study, and it’s wrong. May I respectfully suggest that you refrain from making up your own explanations for things that God has chosen not to explain??

• Members
5 hours ago, Salyan said:

OK, so first of all you didn’t actually answer my question. Secondly, You’re adding an interpretation of those verses that is simply not in the clear reading of the text. They could mean the sun’s light is removed (doesn’t specify how, so you shouldn’t), or they could just mean that the light of the Son is so great we don’t even notice the natural lights of heaven anymore. 

This is called “private interpretation”, Eric. It’s fiction, not Bible study, and it’s wrong. May I respectfully suggest that you refrain from making up your own explanations for things that God has chosen not to explain??

Isaiah 16:1-5

Isaiah says that the Lamb will make a shadow at noon day when Israel has to flee. If you look at many of the prophecy's about the day of Lord there is a darkness or shadow.

Isaiah
Chapter 16

1 Send ye the lamb to the ruler of the land from Sela to the wilderness, unto the mount of the daughter of Zion.

2 For it shall be, that, as a wandering bird cast out of the nest, so the daughters of Moab shall be at the fords of Arnon.

3 Take counsel, execute judgment; make thy shadow as the night in the midst of the noonday; hide the outcasts; bewray not him that wandereth.

4 Let mine outcasts dwell with thee, Moab; be thou a covert to them from the face of the spoiler: for the extortioner is at an end, the spoiler ceaseth, the oppressors are consumed out of the land.

5 And in mercy shall the throne be established: and he shall sit upon it in truth in the tabernacle of David, judging, and seeking judgment, and hasting righteousness.

Habakkuk saw a vision of the sun and moon standing still before Armageddon.

Habakkuk 3:11-13

11 The sun and moon stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrows they went, and at the shining of thy glittering spear.

12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13 Thou wentest forth for the salvation of thy people, even for salvation with thine anointed; thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discovering the foundation unto the neck. Selah.

Edited by Eric Stahl

• Members
On 7/6/2019 at 4:15 PM, Eric Stahl said:

The Book of Isaiah has many prophecies concerning the restoration of the nation of Israel during the 1000 Reign of Christ on the earth and the changes of the earth.

The Book of Isaiah also has prophecies concerning the extension of the Reign of Christ, and the Dwelling of God on the New Earth and the New Heaven (notice the  singular Heaven not plural), after the Great White Throne of Judgment. Isaiah 60:18-20 is of one of those prophecies that clearly indicate there will be no sun in the New Heaven and the New Earth. And, God will dwell on the earth. The dwelling of God on the earth does not occur during the millennium.

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." Revelation 21:1-3

Revelation 21:1-3 is the fulfillment of Isaiah 60:18-20 and 65:17

May we remember that in the New Heaven and the New Earth there is no sun. Revelation 21:23, And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

Edited by Alan
grammer Revelation 22:1-3 & 23 to Revelation 21:1-3 & 23

• Members
14 minutes ago, Alan said:

The Book of Isaiah has many prophecies concerning the restoration of the nation of Israel during the 1000 Reign of Christ on the earth and the changes of the earth.

The Book of Isaiah also has prophecies concerning the extension of the Reign of Christ, and the Dwelling of God on the New Earth and the New Heaven (notice the  singular Heaven not plural), after the Great White Throne of Judgment. Isaiah 60:18-20 is of one of those prophecies that clearly indicate there will be no sun in the New Heaven and the New Earth. And, God will dwell on the earth. The dwelling of God on the earth does not occur during the millennium.

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." Revelation 22:1-3

Revelation 22:1-3 is the fulfillment of Isaiah 60:18-20 and 65:17

May we remember that in the New Heaven and the New Earth there is no sun. Revelation 22:23, And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

Alan

Isaiah 60:3-22 is about the rebuilding of Israel and repopulating the earth. the sun and moon are still over Israel but not giving light to Israel which is still in the shadow. notice verse 20 , the sun and moon do not withdraw so they are still there over Israel. verse 22 tells us that one person will have so many children they become a nation.

• Members
25 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

Alan

Isaiah 60:3-22 is about the rebuilding of Israel and repopulating the earth. the sun and moon are still over Israel but not giving light to Israel which is still in the shadow. notice verse 20 , the sun and moon do not withdraw so they are still there over Israel. verse 22 tells us that one person will have so many children they become a nation.

I fully know that Isaiah 60:3-22 is prophesying concerning the rebuilding of Israel and the repopulating of the earth and that the sun and the moon is still in existence in the heavens. If you read my post very carefully I just said that Verse 18-20 is the extension of the millennium into eternity exactly as Revelation 22:1-3, and 23 state.

I also noted, but you ignored, that Revelation 22:23 is the fulfillment of Isaiah 60:19-20, " The sun shall be no more thy light by day; neither for brightness shall the moon give light unto thee: but the LORD shall be unto thee am everlasting [notice the word EVERLASTING] light, and thy God thy glory. Thy sun shall no more go down; neither shall thy moon withdraw itself: for the LORD shall be thine everlasting [notice the word EVERLASTING] light, and the days of thy mourning shall be ended."

Only in eternity, Revelation 22:1 and following, can any of the prophecies in Isaiah 60:19-20 be fulfilled.

THERE IS NO SHADOW OF THE SUN IN ETERNITY AND THERE IS NO MOON TO BLOCK THE RAYS OF THE SUN UPON ISRAEL.

Edited by Alan
spelling thing to thine

• Members
1 hour ago, Eric Stahl said:

Alan

As an added note.

If you look at my post carefully, I mentioned only Isaiah 60:19-20 and then Eric Stahl included verse 22 in his answer. I purposely did not mention verse 22. Verse 22 states, "A little one shall become a thousand, and a small one a strong nation: I the LORD will hasten it in his time."

All of us need to remember one important fact concerning the prophesies of Isaiah, and the other prophets. Isaiah, and the other prophets, saw the blessings of the Lord on the earth with a view of eternity and not just one thousand years. The apostle John in Revelation 20:4-6 gave a specific time limit, one thousand years, for several reasons which I will not go into now, and then listed the added blessings in Revelation 22:1 and following that the Old Testament prophets saw. Therefore, the apostle John is the revealing of the sorting out of the prophecies of the Old Testament prophets in the order that the Holy Spirit gave him. John is giving us the proper order of the prophecies of the Old Testament prophets. The Old Testament prophets did not have the prophecies of the church, nor a specific time limit, a thousand years, nor the the other added details that John was given in his vision at the isle of Patmos.

• Members
On 7/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, Alan said:

"And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God." Revelation 22:1-3

Revelation 22:1-3 is the fulfillment of Isaiah 60:18-20 and 65:17

May we remember that in the New Heaven and the New Earth there is no sun. Revelation 22:23, And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof."

Alan you mean Revelation 21:23. Yes Jesus as the light will continue in eternity when God comes down to earth. The sun and moon are not mentioned in eternity. We are not told much about eternity. But we will be there and I can't wait!

• Members
On 7/11/2019 at 1:44 PM, Eric Stahl said:

Alan you mean Revelation 21:23. Yes Jesus as the light will continue in eternity when God comes down to earth. The sun and moon are not mentioned in eternity. We are not told much about eternity. But we will be there and I can't wait!

As I previously brought out, there is no physical sun nor moon in eternity. Also, Revelation 22:5, states, "And there shall no night there; and they need no candle, neither the light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever."

As previously stated, Isaiah 60:19-20 is absolutely talking about eternity and not the 1000 Year Reign of Christ on the earth. Therefore, there is no moon and sun  to create any type of shadow, especially, a "pole shift" in relationship to Isaiah 60:19-20. The concept of a "pole shift" is not scientific nor is it biblical.

Edited by Alan
caitalization

• Members
On 7/11/2019 at 6:27 PM, Alan said:

As I previously brought out, there is no physical sun nor moon in eternity. Also, Revelation 22:5, states, "And there shall no night there; and they need no candle, neither the light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever."

As previously stated, Isaiah 60:19-20 is absolutely talking about eternity and not the 1000 Year Reign of Christ on the earth. Therefore, there is no moon and sun  to create any type of shadow, especially, a "pole shift" in relationship to Isaiah 60:19-20. The concept of a "pole shift" is not scientific nor is it biblical.

Brother Alan , We will have to disagree on verse 19-20. I believe it starts in the tribulation at Habakkuk 3:11-13 and continues through the 1000 year kingdom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/4/2019 at 3:31 PM, Salyan said:

I’m sorry... which of the plagues were supposedly worldwide? And what evidence have you for this?

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  The Amalekites were on the move when they & the Israelis brushed by each other in the wilderness. They were on their way to subdue Egypt, which was greatly weakened by the plagues of Exodus. The Amalekites' own land had been hit by many plagues, especially polluted water & vermin. Thwy were called "Hyksos" by the old Egyptians & they remained in Egypt til God started their downfall by having Saul & the Israelis wipe out their main stronghold of Auris in Egypt.  That's why Egypt was so generous with Israel in the days of David & Solomon.  And several North American Indian legends tell of plagues in North America similar to those of the Exodus.

And the Pawnees have a legend about the sun's starting to rise when it noticed a hare had made a trap for it, and so the sun retreated for awhile til the hare grew tired & went away, then it resumed its normal course. If the sun's retrograde movement for Hezekiah occurred around noon, that would correspond with sunrise time in the east of North America. And old Persian legends have stories about calamities similar to those in Exodus.

I read about those various legends in several history books many years ago. Wish I could recall their names. And I've read all of Immanuel Velikovsky's works about the events of the Exodus, which also point out the occurrence of many of its plagues all over the world. That's the one source I can name right now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 7/27/2019 at 3:34 PM, robycop3 said:

Sorry I didn't reply sooner.  The Amalekites were on the move when they & the Israelis brushed by each other in the wilderness. They were on their way to subdue Egypt, which was greatly weakened by the plagues of Exodus. The Amalekites' own land had been hit by many plagues, especially polluted water & vermin. Thwy were called "Hyksos" by the old Egyptians & they remained in Egypt til God started their downfall by having Saul & the Israelis wipe out their main stronghold of Auris in Egypt.  That's why Egypt was so generous with Israel in the days of David & Solomon.  And several North American Indian legends tell of plagues in North America similar to those of the Exodus.

Have you have any proof that the Amalekites were the Hyksos?  I have read that before many years ago, that when they attacked the Exodosees in Sinai, they were on their way to Egypt and when Saul attacked them they were on their way out.  But is there any proof?