• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Coming pole shift

• Members

"But the Jews which believed not, moved with envy, took unto them certain lewd fellows of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the city on an uproar, and assaulted the house of Jason, and sought to bring them out to the people. And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also" (Acts 17:5-6 KJV).

• Members

This is a physical judgment not a spiritual turning up side down.

5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant.

6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

When the earth rolls over there will be a very strong wind and the seas will wash up on the shores.

Luke 21:25

25 And there shall be signs in the sun, and in the moon, and in the stars; and upon the earth distress of nations, with perplexity; the sea and the waves roaring;

• Administrators

Pole Shift is pseudo science. Does God need the wild theories of unsaved men to accomplish what He can do with a Word?

Ge 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

• Members
26 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Pole Shift is pseudo science. Does God need the wild theories of unsaved men to accomplish what He can do with a Word?

Ge 8:22 While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease.

The earth will still spin after it turns upside down.

• Members

The earth will not turn over.

Any pseudo science "pole shift" is referring to the reversal of the magnetic poles, not the physical rotation of the earth top to bottom.

And it is entirely theoretical.

It is entirely possible that if such a thing were to happen the only thing people would notice is that their compasses point the wrong way. And the birds get confused.......

• Members
38 minutes ago, DaveW said:

The earth will not turn over.

Any pseudo science "pole shift" is referring to the reversal of the magnetic poles, not the physical rotation of the earth top to bottom.

And it is entirely theoretical.

It is entirely possible that if such a thing were to happen the only thing people would notice is that their compasses point the wrong way. And the birds get confused.......

what  do you believe this means?

Isaiah
Chapter 24

1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

• Members
15 minutes ago, Eric Stahl said:

what  do you believe this means?

Isaiah
Chapter 24

1 Behold, the LORD maketh the earth empty, and maketh it waste, and turneth it upside down, and scattereth abroad the inhabitants thereof.

I believe it has nothing to do with any sort of "pole shift".

Your linking this verse to the pseudo scientific theory of "pole shift" is wrong on every level.

The Pseudo scientific "pole shift" theory has to do not with the physical poles, but with the magnetic poles reversing polarity, ie, the north pole MAGNETICALLY becomes the sought pole, and vice versa. It has nothing to do with any sort of physical rotation of the earth across its axis.

I haven't done a full study of this chapter yet, but it seems as though it is talking of a great devastation that would come upon the land, but I don't think it means the earth will literally turn over.

Tell me Eric, what does this verse mean?

Act 17:6
(6)  And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;

My points are primarily that you, by your title, have linked the phrase "earth upside down" to a pole shift, but the pseudo scientific theory of pole shift DOES NOT refer to a physical shifting of the poles but the magnetic shifting of the poles; and secondarily, that the phrase earth upside down, does not automatically mean a physical turning of the world upside down.

I am currently studying Isaiah, and in about 2 years time when I eventually get to Isaiah 24 I will let you know my thoughts specifically - if I remember after all that time.

• Members
8 hours ago, DaveW said:

I believe it has nothing to do with any sort of "pole shift".

Your linking this verse to the pseudo scientific theory of "pole shift" is wrong on every level.

The Pseudo scientific "pole shift" theory has to do not with the physical poles, but with the magnetic poles reversing polarity, ie, the north pole MAGNETICALLY becomes the sought pole, and vice versa. It has nothing to do with any sort of physical rotation of the earth across its axis.

I haven't done a full study of this chapter yet, but it seems as though it is talking of a great devastation that would come upon the land, but I don't think it means the earth will literally turn over.

Tell me Eric, what does this verse mean?

Act 17:6
(6)  And when they found them not, they drew Jason and certain brethren unto the rulers of the city, crying, These that have turned the world upside down are come hither also;

My points are primarily that you, by your title, have linked the phrase "earth upside down" to a pole shift, but the pseudo scientific theory of pole shift DOES NOT refer to a physical shifting of the poles but the magnetic shifting of the poles; and secondarily, that the phrase earth upside down, does not automatically mean a physical turning of the world upside down.

I am currently studying Isaiah, and in about 2 years time when I eventually get to Isaiah 24 I will let you know my thoughts specifically - if I remember after all that time.

Dave,

Acts 17:6 is  the spiritual turning of the Religion upside down.

Isaiah 24 is describing a physical judgment of earth.

19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

• Members
12 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Dave,

19 The earth is utterly broken down, the earth is clean dissolved, the earth is moved exceedingly.

20 The earth shall reel to and fro like a drunkard, and shall be removed like a cottage; and the transgression thereof shall be heavy upon it; and it shall fall, and not rise again.

Acts 17:6 is therefore symbolic.

So is Isaiah 

• Members
23 hours ago, Eric Stahl said:

Dave,

I know what Acts 17:6 is describing.

I also don't disagree that Isaiah 24 is describing a physical judgement of the Earth.

I absolutely disagree with you correlation of that passage to "pole shift", and I have explained why.

You have a habit of overstating and jumping to unreasonable conclusions, and I think most of the time we are happy to let you do so without challenge, but this link is both scientifically and theologically wrong.

• Members
31 minutes ago, DaveW said:

I know what Acts 17:6 is describing.

I also don't disagree that Isaiah 24 is describing a physical judgement of the Earth.

I absolutely disagree with you correlation of that passage to "pole shift", and I have explained why.

You have a habit of overstating and jumping to unreasonable conclusions, and I think most of the time we are happy to let you do so without challenge, but this link is both scientifically and theologically wrong.

How is it theologically wrong? When the bible says the earth will be turned upside down do you believe it?

• Members

Eric, you have not researched either the science nor the biblical context to support you assertion.

This is quite normal for you.

And it is quite plain that you are not interested in gentle correction, which is why the majority of the time people pay little attention to your assertions.

And I absolutely believe what the Bible says - just not what you suggest it says.