• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Windsor Hills Youth Conference - Giving away an AR-15

• Members

First of all, it isn't an automatic.

Second, many of us were raised with guns.

They may not be giving away an automatic weapon but they are allowing teenagers to shoot automatic weapons. As far as being raised with guns, that is not the issue. A person would have to be out of his mind to put an automatic weapon in the hands of a 13 year old!

Windsor Hills is using the gun giveaway to attract kids to the youth conference. The focus of the conference is, "who will win the AR-15?" I was a teenage boy once. I know how teenagers think. They are not going there for any spiritual reasons, they are going there to try and win the gun (and have a good time shooting off the automatic weapons as well). It is pathetic that independent Baptists have to stoop so low in order to attract a crowd!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Guest
A person would have to be out of his mind to put an automatic weapon in the hands of a 13 year old!

Based on what?

Windsor Hills is using the gun giveaway to attract kids to the youth conference. The focus of the conference is, "who will win the AR-15?" I was a teenage boy once. I know how teenagers think. They are not going there for spiritual refreshment, they are going there to try and win the gun (and have a good time shooting off the automatic weapons as well). It is pathetic that independent Baptists have to stoop so low in order to attract a crowd!

So I take it that you are against youth activities period? That would be the logical conclusion to that line of thinking...

• Members

Throughout history boys were considered to be becoming men at 13. Around the world 13 year old males have been great hunters and warriors. Even today, in parts of the world there are 13 year old hunters and warriors. In many of America's past wars teens as young as 13 served in the army and navy.

• Members
True, that church is just asking people to talk about them by giving away a Ar-15 with the current trends in this world.

Hi Jerry! And, that is all the more reason to do this. Why should this church go with the "current trends" in this world? Sorry...I am a proud member of the NRA...and, "trends" are just allowing the enemy "full force" in this country. We are going to be like Canada soon. :eek IFB's are thinking this way. This is distubing. :puzzled:

candlelight

I'm not against guns, I'm for guns.

But using guns to get kids in church. This is just another step into entertainment.

• Members
They may not be giving away an automatic weapon but they are allowing teenagers to shoot automatic weapons. As far as being raised with guns' date=' that is not the issue. A person would have to be out of his mind to put an automatic weapon in the hands of a 13 year old![/quote']

Why?

• Members

I am the father of 10 children, 6 of them boys. So far 3 of them are out of the nest. We have 3 teenagers in our house right now. I would not want an automatic weapon put in their hands because I consider their lives too precious to even take a chance with them. Which brings up an interesting point: Parents (even Christian parents) are allowing their children to have multitudes of adult experiences. Because of this, by the time their children are adults they will either be bored with life or they will continue to live on the extreme edge.

• Members

Do you ever put your children in a car to take them to an entertainment (pehaps bowling, fishing, etc)?? Is it not more dangerious to put them in a car on a dangerious highway, with crazy people heading at you going at high rates of speed, than to let them fire an automatic gun under close supervision. I do not have any statistics, but I would almost gaurantee there to be more kids killed on highways by dangerious cars than by all kinds of guns combined. I am always amazed at how many people will talk about the dangers of guns, and never blink an eye about their children climbing into a car.

• Members
Do you ever put your children in a car to take them to an entertainment (pehaps bowling' date=' fishing, etc)?? Is it not more dangerious to put them in a car on a dangerious highway, with crazy people heading at you going at high rates of speed, than to let them fire an automatic gun under close supervision. I do not have any statistics, but I would almost gaurantee there to be more kids killed on highways by dangerious cars than by all kinds of guns combined. I am always amazed at how many people will talk about the dangers of guns, and never blink an eye about their children climbing into a car.[/quote']

A gun is a weapon primarily used for killing.

A car is a method of transportation primarily used to haul people and things from place to place.

It is illegal to allow a 13 year old to drive a car on the highway.

It ought to be illegal to allow a 13 year old to shoot a gun.

In most states a person must be at least 16 years of age in order to have a driver's license (and even then there are restrictions until the child reaches the age of 18). In Kansas, a minor (after getting his/her permit) must have at least 50 hours of on the road driving experience before he/she can even take the take the driving test.

When I was in the Army, we spent 3 weeks (all day, every day) on the rifle range qualifying with the M-16. Automatic weapons are extremely dangerous and no child ought to be allowed to play with them.

• Members

At 13 a boy should be entering the "young man" phase of his life.

Why should there be a law against 13 year olds shooting guns? Do you not realize those 13 and much younger have been safely using guns for hundreds of years to put food on the table and to defend and protect their families?

I was in the Air Force and we spent ONE day with M-16. Of course I had used guns my whole life so one day was enough for me. However, that one day with the M-16 was expected to be enough for all of us so that if necessary we could pick one up and rightly use it in a hostile situation.

There are far more dangerous things that children and teens use and are involved in than guns. A gun is a tool that can be safely and effectively used by children and teens.

• Members
At 13 a boy should be entering the "young man" phase of his life.

So you put a gun in his hand to make a "man" out of him? I would rather put a yard rake, a lawn mower, and a weed wacker in my boys' hands. At least I am teaching my children that life is hard work!

There are far more dangerous things that children and teens use and are involved in than guns. A gun is a tool that can be safely and effectively used by children and teens.

Like condoms and safe sex? Your children and teens may be involved with something far more dangerous than guns but mine aren't. I want my children to grow up realizing that guns are for killing and nothing else.

• Members

So you put a gun in his hand to make a "man" out of him? I would rather put a yard rake, a lawn mower, and a weed wacker in my boys' hands. At least I am teaching my children that life is hard work!

Like condoms and safe sex? Your children and teens may be involved with something far more dangerous than guns but mine aren't. I want my children to grow up realizing that guns are for killing and nothing else.

Guns are a way to kill food, around my part of the country if you don't know how to shoot a gun by the age of 10 you are weird. I can't remember the last time we had a murder in my area. We do however have kids get killed about every other year from drunk driving or racing(driving too fast on roads that weren't meant to drive on that fast) here. Kids here and taught to respect guns and their purpose...to kill game. Like I said before I grew up shooting guns, that is how we put meat in our freezer for the winter. It's a blessing from the Lord to be able to shoot a gun and because of youth hunting seasons when I was a younger pup my dad and I would be able to harvest more game for our family because of it. John is talking about livelihood in the sense of a gun. With the soaring food prices my dad will be hunting. I am a firm believer in allowing children and teens learn how to handle a gun in the proper way. Here it the only way you can get your hunting license and that is what all of them want to go hunting with their dad.

• Members

No, a gun doesn't go into a boys hand to make a man out of him. A gun goes into a boys hand because he is ready for such and such is a part of manhood. Boys are hurt each year by lawn mowers and weed wackers. My boys do plenty of yard work, they also need to learn the hard work of hunting for your own food. This is a life skill that could keep them alive someday when other sources of food are unavailable.

No, not speaking of condoms or safe sex as we don't believe in either and our children are homeschooled. Riding or driving in an automobile is dangerous for teens as proven by the number of deaths and injury teens suffer while in autos. Playing sports is dangers as proven by the high number of injuries incurred by teens each year. Riding a bike, skateboard or roller skates can be dangerous and many teens are injured doing so each year.

Guns are for putting food on the table so your family doesn't starve. In an emergency situation, such as a riot or war, a gun is for protecting your family from beatings, rape and murder.