• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Windsor Hills Youth Conference - Giving away an AR-15

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

We had a field trip for our Christian school one time (provided they had signed parental consent). The kids got to fire a lot of weapons that day (I taught some how to shoot for the 1st time in their life) : M-16, AK-47, M-1, Lee Enfield, Mosig Nagin, 12g shotgun (pump and auto), .22 lever and auto, and various pistols (.22, .38, .357, and .44 revolvers - .25, 9mm, and .45 autos). Everyone had a blast (no pun intended). I am a STICKLER when it comes to teaching and enforcing weapons safety. I (and my siblings - male and female) was shooting @ 6 yrs old, hunting on my own @ 8, owned ny 1st rifle @ 10.

• Members
I owned my own shotgun at 9' date=' started shooting at 6 on a real gun. Got my first BB gun at 4...I am not your average girl. I am really out of practice now, I haven't been hunting for about 7 years now.[/quote']

Hey! That's my story...well, except about the girl part :lol:

My niece got a new BB gun for Christmas and I was with her and her dad when they were trying it out. They set a can back in the field and she couldn't hit it and asked if the sights were off. Her dad tried it and couldn't hit it either. They handed the gun to me and I hit the can with my first shot. :eek I then confidently declared the sights were fine :Green :tum

• Members
I bird hunt...a can is nothing. Well I used to Quail hunt.

I LOVE quail! When I was a little tike my Dad was frying up some quail and something else (squirrel or rabbit, I think). Dad put the fried quail on the table and finished frying the other stuff and brought it to the table. By that time I had eaten almost all the quail :lol:

• Members

#1 - I think it's sheer stupidity to allow a child to handle or shoot an automatic weapon.

First of all, it isn't an automatic.

Second, many of us were raised with guns.

#4 - is it lawful to transport such a firearm across state lines?

Yes.

• Members

My only problem with guns is that not enough people are carrying them.

My only problems with this gun giveaway is that (a) The AR-15 is not a particularly good weapon (give away an M-1 Garand or M1911 and I'll be first in line) and (B) in our current political climate, this just gives the world something else to mock.

• Members
My only problem with guns is that not enough people are carrying them.

My only problems with this gun giveaway is that (a) The AR-15 is not a particularly good weapon (give away an M-1 Garand or M1911 and I'll be first in line) and (B) in our current political climate, this just gives the world something else to mock.

True, that church is just asking people to talk about them by giving away a Ar-15 with the current trends in this world.

I always wanted to play, be entertained at church, I got to, before services started and after services ended, but in between these 2 play times was occupied by praising our Lord and studying of Him.

PS. When I was young I always wanted to get their early and stay for a while afterwards for obvious reasons. That did me good, at 61 years of age I still love to get there early and hang around quite a while after services. But I enjoy the in-between part the best, the before and after is just extra icing on the cake.

• Members
PS. When I was young I always wanted to get their early and stay for a while afterwards for obvious reasons.

That reason wouldn't be your wife would it :wink
That did me good, at 61 years of age I still love to get there early and hang around quite a while after services. But I enjoy the in-between part the best, the before and after is just extra icing on the cake.

I agree, the services are great and the fellowship is sweet!

• Members

That reason wouldn't be your wife would it :wink

I agree, the services are great and the fellowship is sweet!

NO, Linda and I did not meet until I was home from the Air Force for Thanksgiving 1967. She lived in a small town more than 30 miles from me. I missed our 1st date because of an alert hit base and we were on lock down, our 1st date was December 24, 1967, between them and when we got married May 18, 1968, we had maybe 5 or 6 dates.

Services are great, but them I don't expect to be entertained, I was taught that church services was not a place for entertainment. Sad to say, many did not get that type of teachings as they grew up.

I've mentioned this before, a friend moved to Alabama, while looking for a church home, one church they visited 3 times, the pastor was present for only the 3rd service they attended at this church, but yet out of the 3 times they attended this church, there were only programs presented, no preaching, even with the pastor present. Yes, it was a Baptist church.

Entertainment has take over many churches, and many church member would not welcome preaching services.

Guest Guest

I don't see the big deal, either? I agree with the other posts. We love weapons in Ohio. :thumb We have our borders secured on Lake Erie. :amen: You have, too! That is just common sense, IMO. :wave:

candlelight

Guest Guest

True, that church is just asking people to talk about them by giving away a Ar-15 with the current trends in this world.

Hi Jerry! And, that is all the more reason to do this. Why should this church go with the "current trends" in this world? Sorry...I am a proud member of the NRA...and, "trends" are just allowing the enemy "full force" in this country. We are going to be like Canada soon. :eek IFB's are thinking this way. This is distubing. :puzzled:

candlelight