• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Absence of Doctrinal Authority

• Moderators

If you have trusted Christ as your Saviour, then baptism is a good and proper thing to do, and a good thing to be desired. But you need to be certain that you are not desiring it because you think, in any way, that it will help assure your salvation. Baptism is a work - a thing we can do in obedience to God - thus to reliance on it in the least little bit for grace for salvation means that a person is not relying wholly and completely on Christ for salvation. And if we are depending on anything other than Christ alone as the propitiation for our sin (there's a good word to study!), then we are not truly saved. 

Dear Salyan,

i have been a perfectionist in my work and in my craft. So i guess the desire to be baptised roots in that aspect of my personality, i want to be a perfect Christian, in every way personally possible. 

i do understand better now, with your and other kind friends' help here. i need to let all go and just hang on to Jesus Christ and all will hopefully be well for me.

Thank you all and God bless your hearts

Best wishes for the New Year ?

• Administrators

Baptism is a church ordinance, it is considered the first step of obedience for the newly saved Christian. But it does not stand alone, any Scriptural responsible church would not Baptize and then just turn the newly saved person loose to be at the mercy of any teaching that happens by. We are responsible to disciple those we Baptize, not just turn them loose.

Mt 28:18 And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth. 
 19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 
 20 Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway, even unto the end of the world. Amen. 

This can only be accomplished in a local church setting that places the newly saved person in a place of church membership and accountability.

To my mind finding a Scriptural New Testament Church should be of utmost importance, this is the only entity that is authorized to Baptize. You can find some so-called church, or pastor to Baptize you, but the real concern should be; is that baptism valid?

Thanks a lot, Jim,

Well, i suppose if i could have found a church to go to, i would probably not have found you kind people here online.

As i mentioned before, it seems practically impossible for me to get baptised since there is no church i could attend and become a regular member and then get disciplined and so on and so forth.

Thanks to other kind people above and you i have learnt that i could be saved even if i have not or cannot in the future get baptised and that has brought me great hope.

For now, i am studying the Holy Bible regularly, listening to some sermons our kind friends here have suggested and i am trying to strengthen my belief in the Lord as the Saviour and i am also trying to stop my brain asking thoughtful questions, since this belief should come from the heart, not the head.

Cheers and best wishes,

Happy New Year and may Lord Jesus Christ have mercy upon you and your family and friends today, tomorrow and till the end of time.

Stay beautiful 

• Moderators

Hey, Totoosart,

We recently had a fellow visit our church.  His name is Michael Germi, and he’s from Iran.  He records messages in Farsi for broadcast. Would these be useful to you?

https://sharecmi.com/channels/farsi/

https://besharat.tv/

(I hope that was the right link… I can’t read that alphabet!) ?

• Members

Totoosart,

I'm new on here, so someone may have addressed your question on baptism.  Also, I'm not sure how to use the site or respond to specific questions.Baptism does not SAVE anyone.  Only by having a saving faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ will anyone be saved.  Baptism is to make a public statement of your faith.  The result is having an official place in your church family.  So not being able to get baptized does not affect your salvation.  

Edited by Pam McConnell
I forgot the last statement.

• Members
On 12/1/2018 at 5:53 AM, Eustace said:

"Protestant and emerging evangelical sects is where you will find the bulk of your homo/female pastor examples."

Incorrect.  The Church of England is by far the most degenerate Christian Sect in the world today.

Several examples off the top of my head that you can google to verify:

1. Rampant number of female preachers

2. Homosexual preachers

3. Total acceptance of homosexuality and transexuality

4. High ranking members of the Anglican church openly stating that they should all pray that the children of the English royals turn out homosexual

That's just off the top of my head.  Meanwhile the Catholic church is only slightly better with its acceptance of: homosexuality, abortion, seeming Agnostic stance by the Pope himself, and calls for Global Communism.

I suppose my belief is that a benevolent Patriarchal church authority would be objectively good for any Christian congregation, but clearly Satan has worked hard to corrupt most of those that exist today.  The only seemingly non-Heretical church authorities are in the Orthodox Churches (Russian, Greek, Serbian, etc.).  Ukraine's Church on the other hand is rapidly splitting from Russia and will no doubt be pushing homosexuality and abortion within months, if not already.

Pardon me, but isn't this forum for Independent, Fundamental, Baptists?  While it is true that some folk claim that those first two words are adjectives and therefore, used loosely, none of the aforementioned wickedness/ungodliness/apostasy is in God's local churches!

• Members
On 12/29/2018 at 2:02 PM, heartstrings said:

The thief on the cross was never baptized, yet he went to be with the Lord.

Yes and I heard an outstanding message on that very subject from Pastor Larry Winkler, a few weeks ago and look forward to posting it on my Sermon.net Page/Podcast, right after our upcoming Revival Meeting next week!  It's called The Thief's Creed or (The Theology Of The Dying Thief).

18 hours ago, Pam McConnell said:

Baptism does not SAVE anyone.  Only by having a saving faith in the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ will anyone be saved.

Dear Pam,

Thanks so much for making that more clear for me.

I am trying to reach that level of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that would ultimately bestow His gracious Grace upon me.

Bless your heart

Best wishes and Happy New Year ?

• Members
13 hours ago, Totoosart said:

Dear Pam,

Thanks so much for making that more clear for me.

I am trying to reach that level of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ that would ultimately bestow His gracious Grace upon me.

Bless your heart

Best wishes and Happy New Year ?

Here is a series on the Cross that James W. Knox preached at his church . . . They should be very helpful in understand biblical salvation by grace through faith without works. The one at the bottom is the first in the series.

https://jameswknox.org/category/the-cross/