• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Steven Anderson

• Members

These six things doth the LORD hate: yea, seven are an abomination unto him: A proud look, a lying tongue, and hands that shed innocent blood, An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations, feet that be swift in running to mischief, A false witness that speaketh lies, and he that soweth discord among brethren.
(Proverbs 6:16-19 KJV)

Steven Anderson and Roger Jimenez are speaking lies when they say that REPENTANCE OF SIN/SINS cannot be found in the Bible.  Or perhaps they just do not know what SIN is.  

Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.
(1 John 3:4 KJV)

For rebellion is as the sin of witchcraft, and stubbornness is as iniquity and idolatry. Because thou hast rejected the word of the LORD, he hath also rejected thee from being king.
(1 Samuel 15:23 KJV)

I acknowledged my sin unto thee, and mine iniquity have I not hid. I said, I will confess my transgressions unto the LORD; and thou forgavest the iniquity of my sin. Selah.
(Psalms 32:5 KJV)

THERE ARE PASSAGES IN THE SCRIPTURES THAT SPEAKS OF REPENTANCE OF SIN/SINS

1. Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel? (Ezekiel 33:11 KJV)
  2. Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the LORD, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon. (Isaiah 55:7 KJV)
  3. If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them. (Jeremiah 18:8 KJV)
  4. Now therefore go to, speak to the men of Judah, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I frame evil against you, and devise a device against you: return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.(Jeremiah 18:11 KJV)
  5. Therefore I will judge you, O house of Israel, every one according to his ways, saith the Lord GOD. Repent, and turn yourselves from all your transgressions; so iniquity shall not be your ruin. (Ezekiel 18:30 KJV)
  6. Cast away from you all your transgressions, whereby ye have transgressed; and make you a new heart and a new spirit: for why will ye die, O house of Israel?
    (Ezekiel 18:31 KJV)
  7. Therefore say unto the house of Israel, Thus saith the Lord GOD; Repent, and turn yourselves from your idols; and turn away your faces from all your abominations.
    (Ezekiel 14:6 KJV)
  8. Because with lies ye have made the heart of the righteous sad, whom I have not made sad; and strengthened the hands of the wicked, that he should not return from his wicked way, by promising him life:(Ezekiel 13:22 KJV)
  9. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will cause you to dwell in this place.(Jeremiah 7:3 KJV)
  10. For if ye throughly amend your ways and your doings; if ye throughly execute judgment between a man and his neighbour; (Jeremiah 7:5 KJV)
  11. I have seen also in the prophets of Jerusalem an horrible thing: they commit adultery, and walk in lies: they strengthen also the hands of evildoers, that none doth return from his wickedness: they are all of them unto me as Sodom, and the inhabitants thereof as Gomorrah.(Jeremiah 23:14 KJV)
  12. But if they had stood in my counsel, and had caused my people to hear my words, then they should have turned them from their evil way, and from the evil of their doings.
    (Jeremiah 23:22 KJV)
  13. Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
    (Zechariah 1:3 KJV)
  14. Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the LORD.(Zechariah 1:4 KJV)
  15. I hearkened and heard, but they spake not aright: no man repented him of his wickedness, saying, What have I done? every one turned to his course, as the horse rusheth into the battle. (Jeremiah 8:6 KJV)
  16. They said, Turn ye again now every one from his evil way, and from the evil of your doings, and dwell in the land that the LORD hath given unto you and to your fathers for ever and ever: (Jeremiah 25:5 KJV)
  17. Therefore now amend your ways and your doings, and obey the voice of the LORD your God; and the LORD will repent him of the evil that he hath pronounced against you.
    (Jeremiah 26:13 KJV)
  18. If so be they will hearken, and turn every man from his evil way, that I may repent me of the evil, which I purpose to do unto them because of the evil of their doings.
    (Jeremiah 26:3 KJV)
  19. And God saw their works, that they turned from their evil way; and God repented of the evil, that he had said that he would do unto them; and he did it not.
    (Jonah 3:10 KJV)
  20. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not. (Revelation 2:21 KJV)
  21. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
    (Revelation 2:22 KJV)
  22. And the rest of the men which were not killed by these plagues yet repented not of the works of their hands, that they should not worship devils, and idols of gold, and silver, and brass, and stone, and of wood: which neither can see, nor hear, nor walk:(Revelation 9:20 KJV)
  23. Neither repented they of their murders, nor of their sorceries, nor of their fornication, nor of their thefts.
    (Revelation 9:21 KJV)
  24. Repent therefore of this thy wickedness, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiven thee.
    (Acts 8:22 KJV)
  25. Therefore leaving the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let us go on unto perfection; not laying again the foundation of repentance from dead works, and of faith toward God,
    (Hebrews 6:1 KJV)

• 3 months later...
  • Members
On 12/23/2019 at 7:36 AM, Alan said:

Among his many false teachings, Pastor Anderson teaches the Pentecostal doctrine that the Lord Jesus suffered for our sins in hell. The Charismatics teach that the suffering of Christ on the Cross of Calvary was not enough for the redemption of our souls.

Whoa...back up the truck!

You mean there are now IFB preachers teaching this?

Now, that’s disturbing.

I remember all that from way back when I was in the Word of Faith/Charismatic movement.  It was known as the “Jesus died spiritually” teaching, at the time.

It was this teaching that grabbed my attention the most and made me start to realize I was in the wrong place.

Trust me folks, y’all don’t want any part of that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On 8/8/2020 at 8:19 PM, NotAshamed said:

Whoa...back up the truck!

You mean there are now IFB preachers teaching this?

Now, that’s disturbing.

I remember all that from way back when I was in the Word of Faith/Charismatic movement.  It was known as the “Jesus died spiritually” teaching, at the time.

It was this teaching that grabbed my attention the most and made me start to realize I was in the wrong place.

Trust me folks, y’all don’t want any part of that.

I went to a Baptist church that taught that carnal Christians were going to burn in the Lake of Fire for 1,000 years. This, of course, is a powerful false doctrine used to control believers and lord it over them.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, chasetallent said:

At some point the church has got to start calling a spade a spade or in this case a heretic a heretic. So sick of this anything goes Christianity. I have heard folks (not on here) defend people that have gone full blown apostate and say that they believe they are saved but confused. What about the part in the bible that says if we deny Him, He will deny us. Just because Anderson sprinkles in some truth along with his heresy doesn't make him any less of a heretic.

Anderson isn't confused he knows exactly what he is doing. BTW if he loves the bible as much as he claims he would step away from the pulpit because he ain't qualified. Due to his complete lack of self-control he is not "of good behavior" due to his false doctrines he is not "apt to teach" he is not "patient" and he is a "brawler". Those are just the ones I noticed in the videos in this thread. The fact that he has learned a script and has taught it to others and is intentional when it comes to soul winning doesn't justify his heresies neither does the fact that he has memorized several books of the bible. The fact that he has memorized so much of the bible makes it even more alarming. That proves that it isn't an intellect issue it is a heart issue, it is a salvation issue.

As you can tell I don't post much on here and I don't have the desire to sow discord among the brethren but we need some folks with some backbone that'll call this stuff out (I appreciate those who do). Not for the purposes of rocking the boat but for the purposes of taking a stand on biblical truth and advancing the gospel. Some people need to change the batteries in their discernment detection devices also lol. 

You said it so much better than I ever could. Thank you ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members
On 11/21/2018 at 12:12 PM, John Young said:

Keep in mind many of them were saved because of his ministry or were nominal Christians that would not have had any interest at all in going to church, much less an independent baptist one, before stumbling on to his videos online. So any exposure to passionate doctrine has only been by his videos. While many of them will bring up Anderson's unique doctrines, most just want a place to humbly serve in soulwinning and are reasonable when making clear they are welcome if they do not speak against the church doctrine. Granted there are trolls and trouble makers in the mix but those usually don't last long.

One can believe in the KJv, but not hold to many wrong and at time borderline heretical beliefs!

• Members
7 hours ago, DaChaser said:

One can believe in the KJv, but not hold to many wrong and at time borderline heretical beliefs!

I don't disagree with what you said but it really has nothing to do with what I said.

What I mean is many young people disillusion by those professing Christians more interested in making friends  with and acting like the world or disillusioned by bland or passionless professors of Christ, are drawn to the passion and commitment to Christ, as dis played by Anderson and many in the NIFB, that they come for the charisma and sincerity first and then adopt the good with the bad, whither that be a bible version or doctrine. 

• Members
15 minutes ago, John Young said:

I don't disagree with what you said but it really has nothing to do with what I said.

What I mean is many young people disillusion by those professing Christians more interested in making friends  with and acting like the world or disillusioned by bland or passionless professors of Christ, are drawn to the passion and commitment to Christ, as dis played by Anderson and many in the NIFB, that they come for the charisma and sincerity first and then adopt the good with the bad, whither that be a bible version or doctrine. 

That makes perfect sense, but just sad that one has to mix both good and bad as he does in his teaching!

• Members
On 9/8/2020 at 10:30 AM, DaChaser said:

Again, saying a "borderline heresy" makes no sense. It sounds more like your saying "I don't agree with what you are teaching so I'll call it borderline heresy even though I know it really isn't". 

It's either a heresy or it isn't. Period.

• Members
On 9/9/2020 at 9:26 PM, SureWord said:

Again, saying a "borderline heresy" makes no sense. It sounds more like your saying "I don't agree with what you are teaching so I'll call it borderline heresy even though I know it really isn't". 

It's either a heresy or it isn't. Period.

there are certain doctrines that one can be skating tight on heresy or not though!