• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Steven Anderson

• Members

Why even bother?

This guy is clearly a false teacher, and no Bible lover should have anything to do with him.

I don't know why you insist on defending a man who is so clearly a bad testimony for the Lord, and who is so clearly a false teacher, and so clearly a hateful man.

Anything that he gets right you can find with teachers who don't have his false teaching.

In my opinion, anyone who is so prominent as a teacher online and promotes themselves as such is unbiblical - IF he is a pastor (regardless of what he calls himself), he should concern himself with the flock to which the Lord has given him.

NO MAN is Pastor to the world. God gives pastors to individual churches, not to the "whole world".......

• Members

My problem isn't so much with wanting to defend Brother Anderson and his errant doctrine so much as it is with, supposed Good people trying to discredit him with equally false lies and misrepresentation. If people must spend their time speaking out against him beyond the basic warning, they should at least try to do do it with with verifiable and factual information and address his errant covenant theology rather than, Straw men menial arguments, assumptions about his motives and character and the promotion of equally bad teachers (from their pulpit), simply because those people they speak against him, etc.

Edited by John Young

• Members

But you don't do that - you defend the man.

You like the guy..... 

You like at least some of his teaching....

You defend the man......

On any level the guy is clearly not qualified to be a pastor, clearly teaches false doctrine, clearly is a bad testimony for the Lord, clearly goes beyond Scripture, clearly does not follow the duties of a Pastor...... etc.

You need to stop defending a man who is clearly a heretic.

But you can't help yourself - you are a fan..... and no matter how much you deny it, your posts tell a different story.

Follow no man - follow only the Lord and His Word.

• Members

It is precisely because I follow Christ that that I'm speaking out against misrepresentation and false narratives regarding Anderson. If you see this as my defending him, then that is what you chose to see. But if you look closer, and consider what I have been saying all along, then you will see that I have been trying to defend my brothers from getting caught up in believing and sharing lies to "defeat" a errant/false teacher. We should not and cannot overcome lies with lies but rather only with truth.

• Members
14 hours ago, John Young said:

It is precisely because I follow Christ that that I'm speaking out against misrepresentation and false narratives regarding Anderson. If you see this as my defending him, then that is what you chose to see. But if you look closer, and consider what I have been saying all along, then you will see that I have been trying to defend my brothers from getting caught up in believing and sharing lies to "defeat" a errant/false teacher. We should not and cannot overcome lies with lies but rather only with truth.

I understand your point and I agree with it. Some believers in IFB have a bad habit of beating down straw mans and not being honest and factual with their information.  However less discerning believers who might be reading this may be caused to stumble because they may view you as defending Steven Anderson. I mean you did post Steven Anderson's video defense of himself and offered no qualifying statements.

• Members
3 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

However less discerning believers who might be reading this may be caused to stumble because they may view you as defending Steven Anderson. I mean you did post Steven Anderson's video defense of himself and offered no qualifying statements.

Mainly because both men's video's speak for themselves and the people who frequent "online baptist" are capable men who have already decided the matter for themselves one way or the other. Additionally I have made my feelings on the matter clear in previews post. So I don't feel the need to qualify my statements other than to say the accused has a right to be heard and give an account of himself. Whether people accept his defense or the accusations is up to them.

• Members
5 hours ago, John Young said:

Mainly because both men's video's speak for themselves and the people who frequent "online baptist" are capable men who have already decided the matter for themselves one way or the other. Additionally I have made my feelings on the matter clear in previews post. So I don't feel the need to qualify my statements other than to say the accused has a right to be heard and give an account of himself. Whether people accept his defense or the accusations is up to them.

John,

I've read your previous statements on this matter. From reading them, I can "somewhat, but very slightly" see what you are saying and what you're trying to convey (though it isn't really that clear). 

As you said...there are those who frequent Online Baptist. Unfortunately, they may (or may not) have read your other posts nor understood what you were trying to convey.

I have to admit...like DaveW...and despite somewhat understanding your position...my overall impression (from what you have posted) has been that you are a supporter of Anderson.

It would help if you would give a definitive answer as to whether you view him as someone that you would recommend to others.

• Members
18 minutes ago, No Nicolaitans said:

John,

I've read your previous statements on this matter. From reading them, I can "somewhat, but very slightly" see what you are saying and what you're trying to convey (though it isn't really that clear). 

As you said...there are those who frequent Online Baptist. Unfortunately, they may (or may not) have read your other posts nor understood what you were trying to convey.

I have to admit...like DaveW...and despite somewhat understanding your position...my overall impression (from what you have posted) has been that you are a supporter of Anderson.

It would help if you would give a definitive answer as to whether you view him as someone that you would recommend to others.

I second this.

• Members

In regards to Brother Anderson, I am neither a supporter or a detractor. I consider him a Christian Brother who holds to errant doctrine. I do not recommend him, his church, or his errant Covenant doctrines to anyone and I think he and his followers should be corrected when they try to promote those doctrines. (My attitude toward recommending him and his camp is the same that I have for Ruckmanites or contemporary Baptist groups). However, I also am not interested in promoting lies about him (or any fellow Christian) and these lies should also be confronted as well.

To be sure, many people on either side of this want me to go further than his doctrine and take a stronger stand on him as a person. They want me to either say he is an "unsaved false prophet" and partake in condemning him, beyond what I believe there is actual evidence for, so they can label me friend or foe as well but I'm not really interested in being an enemy to any Christian but instead to correct and help them and if I can, give them the benefit of the doubt.

• Members
6 hours ago, John Young said:

In regards to Brother Anderson, I am neither a supporter or a detractor. I consider him a Christian Brother who holds to errant doctrine. I do not recommend him, his church, or his errant Covenant doctrines to anyone and I think he and his followers should be corrected when they try to promote those doctrines. (My attitude toward recommending him and his camp is the same that I have for Ruckmanites or contemporary Baptist groups). However, I also am not interested in promoting lies about him (or any fellow Christian) and these lies should also be confronted as well.

To be sure, many people on either side of this want me to go further than his doctrine and take a stronger stand on him as a person. They want me to either say he is an "unsaved false prophet" and partake in condemning him, beyond what I believe there is actual evidence for, so they can label me friend or foe as well but I'm not really interested in being an enemy to any Christian but instead to correct and help them and if I can, give them the benefit of the doubt.

Okay. Thank you.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Anderson’s videos are the reason that my wife and I heard, understood, and believed in eternal security through faith alone in Jesus Christ, which many years of attending church did not provide.

He is also the reason that my wife and I are the only people in our county giving people that very gospel. 

He is a drink of water and a loaf of bread where there is a famine of the Word in the land. 

We have attended his soul winning events with many people who have a fervent work ethic for the kingdom of God, and are bringing forth fruit unto it.

All the while, we visit dead Baptist churches who bring nothing forth, but as they die out, preach to themselves a lordship salvation that they themselves cannot live up to. 

I don’t need Anderson to tell me who God’s chosen people are, because I have the anointing which abideth the in me to teach me all things, and a KJV Bible.

Anderson did help to break my trust in other men who spake of the deeper, hidden, meanings of scripture by expounding from foreign languages to tell me what the Bible really says.

Anderson helped me immensely to trust my KJV, being someone who actually speaks Greek and Hebrew,  and uses it to show people how they are being lied to by theologians that people have heaped up unto themselves. 

A good preacher doesn’t tell you what to believe, he shows you which bible is true, and cries aloud sparing not. Thousands of people from around the world are tuning in to see not a man in smooth clothing, but a someone who is crying out in a wilderness of false religion. 

I listen to NIFB preachers preach the old paths, because so many have abandoned them. 

Even as an unsaved natural man, I was always disgusted by sodomites, and for the life of me I am even more disgusted as a saved man at how supposed Christians can welcome them into their churches. It is pure insanity that the IFBs would now succumb to them. 30 years ago they preached right, but now are no better than the mormans, changing their doctrine to please the world.

Anderson is causing preachers of old to go public to apologize for what they preached 20 years ago. I’ll stand by the men who are willing to suffer persecution for the Word.

Woe to the man when all men speak well of him, for so did their fathers to the false prophets. 

I am very thankful that there are a few men left who will quit ye like men, preach a pure gospel, fight the good fight, and cause others to do so by the offense of preaching.

• Members
On 11/3/2019 at 10:35 PM, robycop3 said:

fast thing for me to quote about Anderson:

2 Tim. 3:5 Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof: from such turn away.

I am curious what you believe the word "power" there means, and how does Anderson have a form of godliness that denies the power thereof? Thanks. 

Edited by Paul Christian

• Members
1 hour ago, robycop3 said:

God's power to do ANYTHING.

Whether the word signifies capability or authority, you are clearly not speaking from a position of understanding and knowledge of the person.

Anderson preaches hard, putting the fear of God in people. If anyone has ever saved some with fear it is he. 

You don’t get 2/3 of your congregation out soul winning door to door faithfully every week without preaching against people who don’t do it. They don’t fear him, they fear Him. When the carnal meets up with the spiritual in one accord obedience ensues in the flesh. Like it or not God commands the carnal to do the spiritual work. As Paul said, “I am carnal”. 
How shall they call on him in whom they have not believed, and how shall they believe when they have not heard, and how shall they hear without a preacher? 

A form of godliness denying the power thereof is Christians who pontificate doctrine but have no feet unto power, because it is the foolishness of preaching the gospel that, to us which are saved, is the power of God.

You can apply that verse to any church you want to that doesn’t have a pastor preaching hard for soul winning, and congregants that faithfully do it every week, but not Anderson’s church, or the man himself. 

I personally rode in the Faithful Word Church van with his congregant out soul winning door to door when they drove from Phoenix AZ to Sacramento to support another soul winning church. Nobody was denying the power thereof. We had over 200 soul winners knocking doors.

Edited by Paul Christian