• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Live streaming - opinions please.

• Members

I know I started another thread on this but the emphasis of this is different, and that one got off track and died (My fault entirely).

Anyway.........

We have actually changed our system a little and now livestream with facebook live.

I must emphasize that the whole reason we started this is because we have a family that has moved to an area where there is no good church. We are hoping to start one out there if we can.

Currently we have a private group for the videos for those who cannot get to church for some reason, but some people want us to go fully public.

To be honest, I am uncomfortable with the preaching going out fully public.

Help me out folks with pros and cons.

Some strong discussion on keeping it for invited viewers only or fully public please.

I just don't know which way to go with this.

The only thing is that if we go public they will be out there forever, so I don't want to pull the trigger until I have considered and prayed.

The praying bit I got covered - the considerations I need help with........

Edited by DaveW
Added info.

• Members
8 hours ago, DaveW said:

I know I started another thread on this but the emphasis of this is different, and that one got off track and died (My fault entirely).

Anyway.........

We have actually changed our system a little and now livestream with facebook live.

Currently we have a private group for the videos but some people want us to go fully public.

To be honest, I am uncomfortable with the preaching going out fully public.

Help me out folks with pros and cons.

Some strong discussion on keeping it for invited viewers only or fully public please.

I just don't know which way to go with this.

The only thing is that if we go public they will be out there forever, so I don't want to pull the trigger until I have considered and prayed.

The praying bit I got covered - the considerations I need help with........

Just some thoughts that come to my mind:

Matthew 10:27  What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.

28  And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.

I don't understand why in the U.S. you would want to have a private group and would not want to publicly broadcast the word of God, I would be a bit more understanding if we were in say North Korea, Pakistan, Nepal, etc. As those kinds of things could get you kicked out of the country, or thrown in jail. However in America we have a lot of freedom and liberty, and you never know who you might reach through a public broadcast of God's word. My question would be WHY NOT? 

• Members

I have made and edit to the original post to add some explanation.

We only started video recordings for a remote family who are members here, but since we have gone onto this platform (Facebook live), and because it is so easy, we have had a few people who can't make evening services due to health reasons also watching.

Still coming for the morning service, but watching the stream for the evenings.

I see it as a ministry to this church.

By the way the group is invitation only and only those who need it are invited. Everyone at church knows about it, but when I introduced it I made sure that everyone understood it was not so people could be lazy and stay home and watch. The fellowship and care is an Important part of church. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Although I don't live stream, I do use sermon.net for message archival.  They do have a free 2GB account and if you use more than that per month, their other packages are very affordable.  A-lot-ta folk use them for live streaming and subsequent archival (videos creating audio and video archived files BTW), but I only use the latter.  Check 'em out!  http://www.sermon.net