• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Reprobates & Salvation

• Members
On 10/19/2018 at 8:38 PM, Jordan Kurecki said:

While I agree that there does come a time where people may be given over to a reprobate mind. I do not however believe because of Romans 1 that it somehow means homosexuals cannot be saved. This contradicts the scripture from Corinthians that I posted earlier today! 

In what way does it contradict it? Nowhere does the book of Corinthians give a pass to the reprobate mind. 

• Members
24 minutes ago, Yabruf said:

I disagree. The list in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 does not mention "homosexual" or "Sodomite".

The word abusers of themselves with mankind is the Greek word equivalent to homosexual, there was no such English word as homosexual in 1611 when the KJV was translated. Abusers of themselves with mankind is a Euphemism for homosexuals. 

G733   (Strong)

ἀρσενοκοίτης

arsenokoitēs

ar-sen-ok-oy'-tace

From G730 and G2845; a sodomite: - abuser of (that defile) self with mankind.

ἀρσενοκοίτης

arsenokoitēs

Thayer Definition:

1) one who lies with a male as with a female, sodomite, homosexual

Zodhiates definition: 

ἀρσενοκοίτης

arsenokoítēs; gen. arsenokoítou, masc. noun, from ársēn (G730), a male, and koítē (G2845), a bed. A man who lies in bed with another male, a homosexual (1Co 6:9; 1Ti 1:10 [cf. Lev 18:22; Rom 1:27]).

14 minutes ago, Yabruf said:

In what way does it contradict it? Nowhere does the book of Corinthians give a pass to the reprobate mind. 

And nowhere does Romans 1 says that all homosexuals are reprobates that cannot be saved, plus 1st Corinthians clearly states homosexual had gotten saved.

Study your bible and stop following the false teachings of Steven Anderson. 

The teaching that homosexuals cannot be saved is straight from the pit of hell and not from the word of God.

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Members
16 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

The word abusers of themselves with mankind is the Greek word equivalent to homosexual, there was no such English word as homosexual in 1611 when the KJV was translated. Abusers of themselves with mankind is a Euphemism for homosexuals. 

G733   (Strong)

ἀρσενοκοίτης

arsenokoitēs

ar-sen-ok-oy'-tace

From G730 and G2845; a sodomite: - abuser of (that defile) self with mankind.

ἀρσενοκοίτης

arsenokoitēs

Thayer Definition:

1) one who lies with a male as with a female, sodomite, homosexual

Zodhiates definition: 

ἀρσενοκοίτης

arsenokoítēs; gen. arsenokoítou, masc. noun, from ársēn (G730), a male, and koítē (G2845), a bed. A man who lies in bed with another male, a homosexual (1Co 6:9; 1Ti 1:10 [cf. Lev 18:22; Rom 1:27]).

And nowhere does Romans 1 says that all homosexuals are reprobates that cannot be saved, plus 1st Corinthians clearly states homosexual had gotten saved.

Study your bible and stop following the false teachings of Steven Anderson. 

The teaching that homosexuals cannot be saved is straight from the pit of hell and not from the word of God.

"Abusers of themselves with mankind is a Euphemism". I only speak English, so I will need some time to verify that this is really a euphemism for homosexual. 

For now I will go with what the clear teaching of the KJV Bible says in English, which is "abusers of themselves with mankind". If God was referring to the sodomite, I image he would of put sodomite in 1 Corinthians...lol

And since we do not agree that 1st Corinthians says anything at all about the sodomite, you cannot claim that they are not reprobate.

I follow the clear teachings of scripture as does Pastor Anderson. 

Jordan, you may want to take some of your own advice and study your Bible without popular culture influencing your understanding of God's word. The only thing from the pit of hell is your irrational hatred of a man of God. Also your love of sexual deviants, that God himself hates and commands use to administer the death penalty for is definitely not biblical. 

Here is a another great verse from the book of 1st Corinthians, that you might want to read and meditate on: 1 Cor 2:14 But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.

• Members
7 hours ago, Pastor Scott Markle said:

Indeed, yet NO SINGLE VERSE throughout the King James translation of the New Testament mentions "homosexual" or "sodomite."

I see that he is not willing to apply the same standards to Romans chapter 1 as he is to 1 Corinthians 6 regarding that statement. 

• Members
12 hours ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

I see that he is not willing to apply the same standards to Romans chapter 1 as he is to 1 Corinthians 6 regarding that statement. 

Indeed, Brother Kurecki,

Brother Yabruf's first argument against a consideration of 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 in this discussion is that within the King James translation of the New Testament it does not mention "homosexual" or "sodomite."  IF that is a valid argument to invalidate a consideration of 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, then consistency in the usage of that argument would also mean that ANY and ALL verses within the King James translation of the New Testament are invalidated for this discussion, because NONE of them mention "homosexual" or "sodomite."  More specifically this would include Romans 1:26-32 in relation to the reprobate mind (as referenced in Romans 1:28).  Within the King James translation this passage does not mention "homosexual" or "sodomite;" thus if the argument is valid, this passage is also invalidated for the discussion.

Now, I myself do NOT believe that these passages should be invalidated from the discussion.  Rather, I believe that the argument itself is an INVALID ARGUMENT.  While none of these passages mention "homosexual" or "sodomite" within the King James translation, Romans 1:26-32, 1 Corinthians 6:9-11, and 1 Timothy 1:8-11 all provide a description of homosexual/sodomite behavior.  Therefore, I would contend that all of these passages are indeed valid for the discussion.

To illustrate my point in the first paragraph above, allow me to use Brother Yabruf's own phrasing, as follows:

Edited by Pastor Scott Markle

• Members
20 hours ago, Yabruf said:

For now I will go with what the clear teaching of the KJV Bible says in English, which is "abusers of themselves with mankind". If God was referring to the sodomite, I image he would of put sodomite in 1 Corinthians...lol

I follow the clear teachings of scripture as does Pastor Anderson. 

For now I will go with what the clear teaching of the KJV Bible says in English within Romans 1:26-32.  If God was referring to the sodomite in this passage, I image he would of put sodomite in Romans 1:26-32.  LOL  (Since HE did not put that word there, I suppose that I am not required to view the reprobate mind as applying to the sodomite then, right?)

Indeed, I desire to follow only the clear teachings of Scripture.