• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

• Members

Brother Stafford,

I understand your thoughts, concern, and decision. If you decide to return, your comments, posts, and studies are welcomed.

It has been discouraging at times in posting studies and devotions on the internet and using it for other purposes. The number of false teachers, disgruntled saints with a personal agenda, denominational biases on most of the forums,  and many other types of filth on the internet is mind boggling. Just looking at any news channel, or other outlet on the internet, is full of the filth of the world.

Please feel free to to come back at any time. I will personally miss you.

May the Lord richly bless you.

Your friend,

Alan

• Administrators

My thoughts are much the same as Bro. Alan's. Please know that, although I will miss you, I wish you the best spiritually. May your walk with The Lord prosper and may He bless you as you have blessed others here at OB.

• Members

How sad that our country has let all of this wickedness prevail in our country...Revive us again with the Son of Thy love, with Jesus who died and is now gone above.... God be with you brother.. If i had another source of news and weather I would leave this as well. I am only on facebook as my dearest friend wants me there....

• Members

@Brother Stafford. I have not been here long, but I appreciate your wisdom on issues. I may not  have seen things the same  but you have given me things to ponder.  Thank you for that.   I agree with you about the internet.    I will miss reading your thoughts on things.  

• Members

Those worldly ads are disruptive; and I wish there were some way to remove them permanently. It's near impossible to navigate the web without some worldly trash or shamefully dressed women appearing on the side of even Christian websites. It makes my blood boil!

• Administrators
21 hours ago, (Omega) said:

Those worldly ads are disruptive; and I wish there were some way to remove them permanently. It's near impossible to navigate the web without some worldly trash or shamefully dressed women appearing on the side of even Christian websites. It makes my blood boil!

I have adblocker - I don't see any of the ads.

• Members
16 hours ago, Rosie said:

how can I get it

I use ublock origin. I've tried several ad blockers, and it's the best (in my opinion). I never see ads on any site with it.

How you get it depends on your web browser since browsers use different methods for installing add-ons.

https://www.ublock.org/

If you're not sure how to install add-ons through your browser's native method, that site should help you get it installed on your browser.

• Administrators

I don't see any ads with mine, either, unless I give it permission. There are some sites that won't let you in unless you disable the ad blocker, but that can be done easily (and it doesn't disable it from any other site).

I was going to post a link, but it didn't look right. You can google (or duck-duck-go) "adblock plus" for more information. It's free, too. And it doesn't harm computers.

U-block does sound pretty good, though!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

i only seen a few ads when i came back but they were all of food that people eat daily. So i am confused what is ads talked about here, I tend too ignore ads when i am on websites and i pay attention too the content I am reading.

However, I have had my fair share in the past several years that alot on the net and some evil people are used to hurt and destroy people. I am a victim of being hurt and slandered by evil people around me via social media especially the last several months. I am so bad that I had too go back too church again and get Biblical counseling on top of the regular counselor I am seeing also. I had nightmares what happened to me this year and I am so hurt that people I looked up too were used too hurt and destroy me. I hope and pray that there will be things to be done too protect people on social media and other places because what i have experienced.