• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Custody battle with atheist father.

• Members

Hi there. I'm brand new to this wonderful page. I would like to ask for God's will to be done in this custody case. My daughter is in that delicate stage, wanting to be saved but still a little bit unclear about what it truly means. Her father is atheist, and filling her with the nonsense that he believes. He is also in the process of trying to break up my marriage and the family we have. He wants to take my daughter and have her full time. This would be detrimental to her. Both mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Please, if you would pray that he see God, and that he realizes how desperately he needs God, and the salvation he offers. Also, please let me know what I can pray for, for you. Thank you! God Bless!

Melissa.

• Members
14 hours ago, MrsJ88 said:

Hi there. I'm brand new to this wonderful page. I would like to ask for God's will to be done in this custody case. My daughter is in that delicate stage, wanting to be saved but still a little bit unclear about what it truly means. Her father is atheist, and filling her with the nonsense that he believes. He is also in the process of trying to break up my marriage and the family we have. He wants to take my daughter and have her full time. This would be detrimental to her. Both mentally, emotionally and spiritually. Please, if you would pray that he see God, and that he realizes how desperately he needs God, and the salvation he offers. Also, please let me know what I can pray for, for you. Thank you! God Bless!

Melissa.

Yes, please pray that I go home to be with my Lord soon. Thank you!

• Members

Also, people who deny the existence God are only couching their rejection in careful language when they say Jesus is not God or was not really human or did not actually pay the penalty for sins. The creation of the Universe is ample evidence for the existence of God; NOTHING plus NOTHING does not equal EVERYTHING. Failure to accept the message of the Gospel isn't any different really from saying that God Himself does not exist. Both groups know the truth, both groups know the consequences, but both groups want a universe without God telling them what to do -- even though His yoke is easy and His burden is light. In the case of human beings, all that is required to live with Him forever is to accept the gospel by placing one's faith in Jesus Christ. This makes much more sense than it may seem to at first glance. God wants only those in eternity who want to be with Him, and accepting Jesus is the way we respond to Him and indicate that this is what we want -- and that we are willing to do  what He tells us to do to achieve eternal life (easy as it is). Because everyone knows He does (just as the Spirit makes the truth of every part of the gospel perspicuously clear whenever it is given), so to say that He doesn't exist is merely a way of putting the truth to death. Of course the only place where truth can be put to death is in a person's own heart -- and only temporarily at that (everything will come out in the end at the last judgment). When people deny the truth of the gospel in whole or in part what they are really saying is that they are not going to relinquish the slightest measure of control over their lives to God, even in this very simple way of accepting Jesus as their Savior, accepting Him for who He truly is, the God-man, and for what He has truly done, dying for the sins of the entire world. And they are rejecting this truth even though the consequences are so enormous and so final. It is astounding, but it is true. People go to hell of their own free will and do so because of their unwillingness to accept God's offer of salvation because it "violates" their free will.

God Bless!

• Members

One more thing . . . as to the why atheists won't turn to God through repentance, it's not a matter of knowledge or rhetoric or proof or anything else other than free will.  People have to take choices in this life -- that is why we are here. And most people choose against God and what God wills most of the time. Most people in the history of the world have been absolutely unwilling to bend their precious free will to the slightest degree so as to accept a Substitute for their sins. Most people would rather go to hell than to do what God tells them to do in even this so easy matter of accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior, putting their faith in Him and what He has done for them. Don't forget to pray for me, bro! :) :) :)

God Bless!

Edited by (Omega)
Extra Smiles :)