• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

My brother died

• Members

I just received sad news that my brother (Bobby) just died an hour or so ago of a heart attack. I am very thankful to the Lord that God gave me the opportunity to witness to him several years ago and lead him to Christ. He is now at rest in the Kingdom of God and away from this corrupt and sinful world. This may sound odd -- but I am actually jealous. I wish that it were me that passed on instead of him. One of my brothers (Andy) is at odds with my parents over some monetary issues and will not speak with them at all. Perhaps this may bring them together in some strange way that only the LORD understands (Rom. 8:28). I prayed to our God and our Father that He will save my entire family; and that we will all one day rejoice together in Heaven and GLORIFY God and the Lamb forever, and ever for all His wonderful works.

God Bless!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My older sister had contacted me through email just earlier today. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I do know with absolute certainty that my brother is in Heaven; and I owe it ALL to the LORD, for it is all His doing . . . I am just a slave of God and a vessel He has chosen to proclaim the Gospel to the lost. I wanted to comment on how my brother was a comedian, and I know him so well that even being in a state of absolute bliss . . . he would probably still joke about engaging himself in his favorite pastimes. He was truly REBORN (a "new creation") before he had passed away.  His love for the Word of God grew, and he put on the NEW man. 

Here is what she said:

Bob.JPG

Edited by (Omega)
Comments