• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Salvation after the rapture.

• Members

I refer you to Revelation 7:9-17. Then maybe take a look at these...

My hope resides in Jesus Christ's appearance and being caught up to meet the Lord in the air. 1 Thessalonians 4:17

I can't think of any good reason to go through "great tribulation."  Revelation 7:14

Then there is no insurance those who are left behind are immune to "believe a lie" 2 Thessalonians 2:7-12

I have lost loved ones myself. I've given them the Gospel and take opportunities as presented. I hope they receive Christ before they die.

• Members
10 hours ago, Jerry said:

Doug Stauffer is dangerous - believing salvation is different in different dispensations. 

He actually repented of that teaching a few years ago and apologized for believing it. The link I posted above is a refutation of any type of salvation other than that of faith in the Blood of Christ for any age and presents the following quots in its conclusion: "Although some teach that a person is saved by faith and works in the Tribulation (which is what I was taught), there is no indication that a man’s works are salvific. If people are taught that their works are an element in salvation and this turns out to be wrong, trusting in one’s faith PLUS WORKS will condemn the individual for trusting in a false gospel and a false hope (Revelation 14:6)."..."Salvation has always been and always will be by trusting in God’s revealed truth. Salvation is by grace because no one deserves salvation. Salvation is by grace because no one can earn salvation. Salvation is by grace through faith otherwise an individual could boast for the part he plays in his soul’s redemption. Salvation of the soul is always the unmerited favor of God. Praise God He opened my eyes to this truth and I have repented of having taught this wrong."

While I still do not agree with certain particulars of his teaching I believe his material to have good value and shows a healthy level of thought that can be a helpful addition to our own personal study.

Edited by John Young

• 2 years later...
  • Members
On 4/4/2019 at 1:55 PM, Jerry said:

Doug Stauffer is dangerous - believing salvation is different in different dispensations. 

From the first page of his page,  he is still dangerous or just plain in error in one or more of his starting points (premises he builds on).   That is,  unless you think the KJV is wrong ,  which I do not expect on this forum.

• Members

I believe the rapture will occur  just after the beast comes to power. He will be the darling of the whole world then, and will provide a ready explanation of why millions of people suddenly vanished. But not everyone will believe him, & htere'll still be plenty of Bibles around. Some will realize what's happened, & will come to Jesus. But those saints will soon lead a rough life, as the antichrist will have the false prophet issue the mark of the beast, & those "trib saints" who refuse to take it won't be able to buy or sell(except in black markets) & will be hunted by the beast's security forces & killed if found. Plus, they'll undergo the great trib. A great many of them will be killed by the antichrist's police or by the trib. But they'll be saved the same way people are saved now-by coming to Jesus in repentance, belief, & submission, & calling on Him by name to save them. They'll still be baptized by immersion in water if/when possible.

• Members
1 hour ago, SureWord said:

1) What happens if a Christian takes the mark?

2) Are there Christians during the Tribulation?

2) Yes.

1). What is written ?  > 9And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, 10The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: 11And the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night, who worship the beast and his image, and whosoever receiveth the mark of his name. 12Here is the patience of the saints: here are they that keep the commandments of God, and the faith of Jesus.