• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Is all of the BIble the Bible?

• Moderators

When the serpent said "Ye shall not surely die:" it was not God's word, it was the serpent's. It was neither true nor accurate.

However:

Gen 3:4 is a 100% true and accurate recounting of the lie and the liar contained within the Word of God.

• Members
16 hours ago, DaveW said:

Just a quick question or two about the Word of God.

Is the whole Bible the Word of God?

Is the whole Bible ALL OF the Word of God?

All of the Bible was inspired by God, but not all of it applies directly to us now under the New Covenant.

• Members
4 hours ago, Davidjayjordan said:

As mentioned I believe Jesus and all His prophecies even though some may mistranslate them or one of them...

I believe Jesus knew history, (Fulfilled Prophecy)and knew current events happening to HIM (Messianic Prophecy) and knew the future, meaning End Time Prophecy.

I believe in Revelation as written by the Lord, I believe in Zechariah as written by the Lord, I believe in Jeremiah as he talked about our End Time.

I am still not sure where you stand on this.

Others have answered plainly and with some qualification - note that I was not trying to be tricky with the question - I know that the words of Satan are recorded, but everything in the Word of God is recorded accurately.

Thanks to those who have "qualified" their answers in such ways, but I really did mean it in the most basic sense:

Is the Bible, from the first "In" to the last "Amen", the Holy Word of God, inspired and preserved for us today in perfectly inerrant form?

It is not a hard question, but for some reason some find it hard to answer.

• Members

Very clear......so let me repost, from the Creation Board what I answered there.. thats surely enough answering for ya.

As mentioned I believe Jesus and all His prophecies even though some may mistranslate them or one of them...

I believe Jesus knew history, (Fulfilled Prophecy)and knew current events happening to HIM (Messianic Prophecy) and knew the future, meaning End Time Prophecy.

I believe in Revelation as written by the Lord, I believe in Zechariah as written by the Lord, I believe in Jeremiah as he talked about our End Time.

Please read 2 Olive Branches for details, but please just post prophetic scriptures, rather than posting my subjectively. Thanks

IHF

David

IE.. I believe in Isaiah..

To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.
Neither have we obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walk in his laws, which he set before us by his servants the prophets.

This is a Creation and Science thread, lets do get back to the TOPIC.. Thanks

IE some people pick and choose what they want to believe...I believe in all of it....even though some mis-interpret it. IMO and have never become missionaries as the Lord told us to do.... I prefer testing and proving the truths of the Lord on the field and in person rather than just a mere mental ascent to a concept.

John 6..if any man will do the doctrine of the Lord..HE SAID, then they will know whether the doctrine is of the Lord. Amen ?

Thats enough, go ahead without me, on your discussion fellowship. Thanks for inviting me into the fellowship of the WORD.

Ill be working on the Staff, Rod, Branch, Pillar, Candlestick,

Lots to do...

IMO

David

• Members

And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams: I agree with my statement above... and a different one where I stated I believe in all the prophets of the Lord. For All prophecy has to mesh together in ONE, Therefore we have to consider all prophecies from all the prophets..

Cant get rid of a past

So this is my question to you all..

The above verse, does it mean the Lord is still speaking to us, or some of us somewhere, or has He stopped altogether everywhere.  Is He speaking no more, or has the Holy Spirit stopped whispering to us individually ? You answer then I will give you my opinion...

This word fellow shipping is exciting and fun.

Especially when we all get involved and ask and answer questions personally and compare answers.

Edited by Davidjayjordan

• Members

While you all consider your answers as to whether the Holy Spirit is still whispering and teaching and whether or not the Lord is still speaking His Words to any of us ?

I should clarify my statement a little more, as I am a believer in ALL the Bible , but even more so a believer in us,  not just mental ascent to the Bible and the Lords principles, but doing them.

Jesus said we had to do His will to understand His will and words..

John 7 ...17 If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself.

He told this to the scribes and pharisees, that kept asking HIM questions... WE learn by doing, we learn and KNOW by doing what the Lord said to do. We dont learn and know by sitting back and discussing words as if just mental ascent is sufficient.

WE have to forsake all, and give all and follow Jesus to the ends of the world, until death do us part. WE have to become dsiciples and missionaries for Jesus rather than just acknowledge that the Lords WORDS are true. We have to experience them to KNOW they are true. The WORD has to be tried and tested by us, to truly be in us.

IMHO

Actually I dont know a Protestant or even a Catholic Church system anywhere that doesnt say they believe in every word of God, unless you know of one. Different denominations and churches have different bibles, but they all say they believe in the Bible.

So Yes, I am a believer in us doing the WORD OF GOD, more than just the first step of acknowledging the WORD of God. If you believe it then do it... Thats proof to me that you believe in the WORD OF GOD.

TTL I shall see more of us on the mission field where the harvest is great. Amen? Amen !

• Members
2 hours ago, DaveW said:

I am still not sure where you stand on this.

Others have answered plainly and with some qualification - note that I was not trying to be tricky with the question - I know that the words of Satan are recorded, but everything in the Word of God is recorded accurately.

Thanks to those who have "qualified" their answers in such ways, but I really did mean it in the most basic sense:

Is the Bible, from the first "In" to the last "Amen", the Holy Word of God, inspired and preserved for us today in perfectly inerrant form?

It is not a hard question, but for some reason some find it hard to answer. 

1 hour ago, Davidjayjordan said:

Very clear......so let me repost, from the Creation Board what I answered there.. thats surely enough answering for ya.

If that answer was enough for me, then I would not have quoted you into this passage for a more complete answer would I?

Do you believe that every word included on the pages of the Bible is the recorded Word of God, infallible and accurate in every way?

It seems to me that you are being evasive, and replying only in very specific and narrow ways - you believe in prophecy, both fulfilled and prophetic. You believe in Isaiah, and can I assume in Daniel since you quoted in your statement about Isaiah?????

But do you believe that Genesis is the Word of god without error?

Do you believe that Exodus is the Word of God without error?

Do you believe that Leviticus is the Word of God without error?

I think you know where I am going with this......

Do you believe that the Gospels are the Word of God without error?

Do you believe the book of Acts is the Word of God without error?

Do you believe the Pauline Epistles are the Word of God without error?

Do you believe the general epistles are the Word of God without error?

The reason I ask so specifically is that you seems to be using very specific wording to avoid the general answer, such as:

I believe in Jeremiah as he talked about our End Time.

Of Revelation and Zechariah you say "as written by the Lord", but for Jeremiah you say "as he talked about our End Time."

Why the difference?

Why can you not just say that you believe the whole Bible is the Word of God without error and in perfection?

Everyone else who has posted here has posted clearly, but you seem to be evasive.

Why? Are you trying to hide something?

Is the whole Word of God the Word of God, and is the Word of God complete and perfect, both in its inspiration and also its preservation?

• Members

I believe in the whole Bible.... and even more importantly obeying the whole Bible, by doing it and becoming a missionary for Jesus.

Do you think the Holy Spirit is still whispering and teaching

Do you think the Lord is still talking /

Do you think men can see visions and women dream dreams and old men hear from the Lord, or is that in the past.

I answered you can you answer my simple questions.

Isnt fellowshipping in the word fun and beneficial ?

Ill see ya all in the morning, you'll gotta sleep now.... but lets all participate and all of us answers these questions, rather than just me.... Lets all get involved and have some real fellowship of the Spirit. Lots to pray about and even more to do.

• Members

You still are using vague wording....

I believe in the whole Bible....

But do you believe that everything that is recorded in the Bible is the Word of God? (qualifiers from others above notwithstanding).

Can you say, with me, and with others here that every word of the Bible from the first "In" to the last "Amen" is the complete and perfect inspired and preserved Word of God?

• Members

Dave

Do consider, answering my questions first, before asking me the same ones.

I do have another one for you.... but allow me to wait before we start a mutual question and answer discussion or fellowship in the Word get together.....

But as I always try to answer more and more and more, as directed by the Lord, even before you start answering.... Thanks in advance

4 hours ago, DaveW said:

You still are using vague wording....

But do you believe that everything that is recorded in the Bible is the Word of God? (qualifiers from others above notwithstanding).

Can you say, with me, and with others here that every word of the Bible from the first "In" to the last "Amen" is the complete and perfect inspired and preserved Word of God?

Very clear, very straight forward. Yes everything recorded in the Bible.... is the Word of God... as mentioned many times earlier.

Yes, with a qualifier.... the Lord is still speaking And the Holy Spirit is still teaching and whispering to us, and Yes, Joel 2;28 and Acts 2 continues as our young men and women and old men and women are still hearing and seeing from the Lord, and that would be the new Word of God given to our LAST GENERATION....

The second qualifier being that.. John 21 ...25 And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.? Amen !

In other words, the Lord is a great speaker and talker and continues to speak and continues to act and answer His people.... so if it is allowed, I would say the WORD OF GOD is not limited to just the Bible but is a larger volume than just the Bible. For we can not limit the Holy One of Israel.... IMHO.

There I went an answered your questions that you were suppose to answer. So... Can you say with me and others that the Lord is still speaking and that the Holy Spirit is still teaching and whispering to us. Or have they stopped speaking and teaching and whispering to us... The Lord IMO will be speaking and talking with us on into ETERNITY and Beyond. Lets have discernment and hear from HIM...IMHO. Now whats your opinion rather than just asking more and more questions. Take time out to consider answering. Thanks.

Love in Jesus, our mutual Saviour and KING

David

PS) And do consider thinking through what people really believe, for their actions show what they really believe, whereas mere mental ascent to words doesnt always dictate they will follow the mental ascent they have given.  As Jesus said, If we do His doctrine then we can know the doctrine... If we havent lived the doctrine and forsaken all and picked up our cross daily and followed Him to the ends of the Earth, our mental acceptance of His Words or directions might not be as important and valid as us, obeying and doing and knowing His WORDS and doctrine. Amen ?

Much work to do today, have a good one brethren, great fellow shipping with you.

• Members
36 minutes ago, Davidjayjordan said:

Yes, with a qualifier.... the Lord is still speaking And the Holy Spirit is still teaching and whispering to us, 

I would say the WORD OF GOD is not limited to just the Bible but is a larger volume than just the Bible.

...and there we have it.

• Members

Yup, the Lord is still speaking, as He sent the Holy Ghost to us after His ascension..

Acts 2 King James Version (KJV)

And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.

And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.

And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.

Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.

And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?

And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?

Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,

11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

14 But Peter, standing up with the eleven, lifted up his voice, and said unto them, Ye men of Judaea, and all ye that dwell at Jerusalem, be this known unto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third hour of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the prophet Joel;

17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, saith God, I will pour out of my Spirit upon all flesh: and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, and your young men shall see visions, and your old men shall dream dreams:

18 And on my servants and on my handmaidens I will pour out in those days of my Spirit; and they shall prophesy:

End of the excerpt from the WORD OF GOD

I believe it, dont you all believe it. And do notice, the words of Joel, the prophet, as I was mentioning earlier. Thank you Jesus for your clear and concise answer.

Dont you all believe this WORD OF GOD ?