• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

I have a request

• Administrators

I heard from my primary today. She wants to see me tomorrow to go over the echo. But she said it looks normal! Praise the Lord for that! Because the EKG was wonky, she still wants me to see the cardio. So I'll be seeing the cardio at the end of August.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I saw my primary today. The echo is clear. She is still concerned that the EKG may indicate something that the cardio will be able to find out. I'm scheduled to see the cardiologist on August 31. He will likely have me do a stress test. I don't like those at all! ?

Randy had an INR done yesterday. He's back in the good range, thank the Lord (2 weeks ago it was too low). I guess it was expected because he is cutting carbs. His primary put him on Metformin to help stabilize his blood sugar and lower his triglycerides. Once that happens, the doc is pretty sure he'll be able to go off the Metformin. So much better than having to be on insulin the rest of his life!

I really do appreciate the prayer!

• 5 weeks later...
  • Administrators

I saw the cardiologist today. He gave me the all-clear. In fact, he said my heart was in very good condition, and he was very impressed with the results of my blood tests. He said there is one spot on my EKG that could indicate the need for a pacemaker many years down the line, but that he thought it was very unlikely. And he said that the test indicated that I had had a minor heart attack some time in the past, in the bottom of my heart. But then he said that the echocardiogram indicates that the heart is squeezing just as it should.  

I do have palpitations that are some times pretty severe. But he's not strongly concerned about it right now. He said there is medicine he could give me to make me more comfortable, but he doesn't like to give meds unless necessary - and I don't want any unless I have to. He was amazed that, at my age, I'm not on any prescription meds (and that the only meds my mother is on are for her post-herpatic neuralgia...I told him that my grandma died at 102 and wasn't on any meds then, either. She died from developing pneumonia after she fell and broke her hip.  I have good genes on the distaff side!).

He said that my constant fatigue might be due to sleep apnea, so he wants my primary to send me for a sleep study. And I will be wearing a heart monitor to record the palpitations that I have so he can see if there might be an issue with that. As he left the room, he said, "I'll see you in a few decades." LOL

• Administrators

Wonderful news LuAnne. Thanks for the update. Pace makers are for more than just heart problems like heart disease. My wife has had one for five years, but hers is for problems swallowing.....go figure!  She had a problem sometimes when she swallowed that cause the food to get caught and then she couldn't breathe. The heart monitor fixed it. The doctor described what was happening, but it is complicated and I can't remember it.

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Wonderful news LuAnne. Thanks for the update. Pace makers are for more than just heart problems like heart disease. My wife has had one for five years, but hers is for problems swallowing.....go figure!  She had a problem sometimes when she swallowed that cause the food to get caught and then she couldn't breathe. The heart monitor fixed it. The doctor described what was happening, but it is complicated and I can't remember it.

That's interesting. The human body is fascinating.