• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Livestreaming / on line preaching?

• Members

This has come up a few times in the last couple of days and so I thought I would ask about it.

Please note that I do not wish this to be a critical thread, but a place of opinions, thoughts, etc.

What are your reasons for putting preaching up on the internet?

Pros and Cons are OK, but I just want to hear your reasons.

I think we can all agree that there is no passage that says "thou shalt not livestream", so this will be about principles and reasons.

You don't have to be doing it by the way - if you have thoughts on it please post them.

And please folks, don't bust someone up because you think their reason is stupid.

Happy discussion time.

• Members
Just now, BroMatt said:

For us, we want to livestream for our shut-ins that can't make it to church due to health and physical reasons. 

Similar for us - as I mentioned in your thread, we have a family that has moved to a place where there is no half decent church, so we record and post online.

My preference is to post securely rather than public. We discussed both and have decided for now to stay secure.

Can I ask why livestream rather than hosted recording?

• Members

I don't know why - can't explain it, but I don't like the term "shut-ins".

I can't think of anything better, and it is descriptive, but it just doesn't sit well with me......???

• Members
56 minutes ago, DaveW said:

I don't know why - can't explain it, but I don't like the term "shut-ins". I can't think of anything better, and it is descriptive, but it just doesn't sit well with me......???

"House bound" or "church challenged" maybe? lol

• Administrators
9 hours ago, DaveW said:

I don't know why - can't explain it, but I don't like the term "shut-ins".

I can't think of anything better, and it is descriptive, but it just doesn't sit well with me......???

lol, I know you said you can't think of a better term, but you must call them something...what is it you call them?

• Members
21 hours ago, BroMatt said:

lol, I know you said you can't think of a better term, but you must call them something...what is it you call them?

To be perfectly honest, we just don't seem to have "Shut-ins" very much.

Most of the people who don't come just don't come - not that they can't......

This is just a personal thing, but I have never had to deal with someone too unwell to come, but well enough to live for years. I have visited with sick folk of course, but they either get better or go on to be with the Lord.

But this church is in a suburban area of a city, so we either pick up those who can't make their own way, or some use public transport.

Maybe it is just because the whole situation is not common for me?????

Anyway, back to the subject, are you particularly intent on live streaming, or are you using that term as a generalization?

I can see that having people watch at the time of the service is a commitment for them, and I like that.

But the family that we record for are shift workers and so recording suits them better. But I do think they would be more diligent if they had to make Sunday time for it.