• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

~Collecting~

KayceeLochner

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrators

I collect mugs, magnets and teapots. For some reason, I just love mugs. I have quite a variety. The most recent addition was from the base where my son graduated Basic. I like magnets, too. I have a variety of those, as well, and I am collecting the magnets of all the states and places we visit. If there is no magnet, I get a mug. :Green I have a small collection of teapots.

• Members

All I'm collecting these days is dust on the furniture and single socks from the dryer. :wink Oh, and piles of colorful works of crayon and watercolor art. And painted lady caterpillars, Thomas the Train sets, Sunday school papers, bird nests, empty .22 rifle shells, playdough figurines, overdue library books, acorns, rocks, fireflies, locust shells, and wild blueberries. My most prized collection consists of peanut-butter-and-jelly kisses, inside family jokes, and the collection of biblical truths we're learning together.

And, here I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't think of anything I collected. I'm pretty rich, after all! :wink

Didn't mean to get all sentimental on ya...I did at one time collect something...let's see...Norman Rockwell prints and anthologies! And I'm a sucker for any quality children's books...OK, ANY quality books, for children or not! My husband had to put his foot down and tell me I couldn't go to the town's used book sale this year. He knew I'd spend way too much money there.

• Members
All I'm collecting these days is dust on the furniture and single socks from the dryer. :wink Oh, and piles of colorful works of crayon and watercolor art. And painted lady caterpillars, Thomas the Train sets, Sunday school papers, bird nests, empty .22 rifle shells, playdough figurines, overdue library books, acorns, rocks, fireflies, locust shells, and wild blueberries. My most prized collection consists of peanut-butter-and-jelly kisses, inside family jokes, and the collection of biblical truths we're learning together.

And, here I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't think of anything I collected. I'm pretty rich, after all! :wink

Didn't mean to get all sentimental on ya...I did at one time collect something...let's see...Norman Rockwell prints and anthologies! And I'm a sucker for any quality children's books...OK, ANY quality books, for children or not! My husband had to put his foot down and tell me I couldn't go to the town's used book sale this year. He knew I'd spend way too much money there.

:lol::lol: :lol:

Archived