• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Publisher Whitaker House KJV Sword Study bible is NOT a true KJV

• Members
50 minutes ago, robycop3 said:

The first printings of the AV 1611 ended Ruth 3:15 with "and HE went into the city." Subsequent printings & modern ones read, "and SHE went into the city", which context shows to be correct.

Thank you, robycop3. Can you tell from what year “she” began to print?

• Members
7 hours ago, robycop3 said:

The first printings of the AV 1611 ended Ruth 3:15 with "and HE went into the city." Subsequent printings & modern ones read, "and SHE went into the city", which context shows to be correct.

How do you think, why are the words Heaven and Earth written with a capital letter?

In the beginning God created the Heauen, and the Earth. (Gen.1:1) KJV1611

Edited by Konstantin

• Members
19 hours ago, Konstantin said:

Are these two different editions? "He" and "She"

Yes, the 1611 "He" edition and the 1611 "She" edition are two different editions of the KJV.   The identification of "He" edition and "She" edition does come from the difference at Ruth 3:15.   The "He" 1611 edition is also known for its error at Exodus 14:10 where it repeated 21 words.

There were also other differences.  In appendix 2 ["First and second edition variations"] of his book A Textual History of the King James Bible, David Norton listed seven pages of differences (pp. 173-179).

• Members
25 minutes ago, Tyndale said:

Yes, the 1611 "He" edition and the 1611 "She" edition are two different editions of the KJV.   The identification of "He" edition and "She" edition does come from the difference at Ruth 3:15.   The "He" 1611 edition is also known for its error at Exodus 14:10 where it repeated 21 words.

There were also other differences.  In appendix 2 ["First and second edition variations"] of his book A Textual History of the King James Bible, David Norton listed seven pages of differences (pp. 173-179).

Thanks. I've got one more question. Was the "She" KJV Bible printed in 1612?

• Members
26 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

Was the "She" KJV Bible printed in 1612?

I think that some of editions of it have a 1611 date on the title page while there may be some editions of it that have been found with a 1613 date on the title page.   

David Norton observed:  "Though it is probable that the 'She" Bible, in one of its varying forms, dates from 1611, it is genuinely a second edition" (Textual History, p. 65).   Norton added:  "Since "she went" is the commoner reading, the second edition is taken as being much more influential than it really was; most of the early editions that have 'she went' derive from the first edition, not the second" (Ibid.)

The early editions of the KJV were printed as individual pages unbound by the printer.   They had to be taken to a separate binder to be bound as a book.    Thus, sometimes loose pages from different printings of the same size edition could be bound together.   That explains how this edition may be found with two different dates.

Edited by Tyndale

• Members
20 minutes ago, Tyndale said:

I think that some of editions of it have a 1611 date on the title page while there may be some editions of it that have been found with a 1613 date on the title page.   David Norton observed:  "Though it is probable that the 'She" Bible, in one of its varying forms, dates from 1611, it is genuinely a second edition" (Textual History, p. 65). 

The early editions of the KJV were printed as individual pages unbound by the printer.   They had to be taken to a separate binder to be bound as a book.    Thus, sometimes loose pages from different printings of the same size edition could be bound together.   That explains how this edition may be found with two different dates.

Thanks.

• Members
On 3/21/2020 at 5:08 PM, robycop3 said:

I don't believe the KJV  text should be changed at all. it should be the 1611 edition, as that was the original one, and all its makers are long-dead, freezing their work in time.

And I'd like to see the translators' preface, "To The Reader" included, as well as the Apocrypha placed between the Testaments, as the AV 1611 has.

How do you think, why is the word son written differently here?

"For vnto which of the Angels said he at any time, Thou art my sonne, this day haue I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Sonne." (Heb.1:5) KJV1611

• Members
1 hour ago, robycop3 said:

"Sonne" was simply an old spelling for "son".

There are two words "son" here sonne and Sonne

"For vnto which of the Angels said he at any time, Thou art my sonne, this day haue I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Sonne." (Heb.1:5) KJV1611

• Members
1 hour ago, robycop3 said:

Same word; one is capitalized for emphasis.

Thanks. How do you think, Why are these two verses written differently?

"...Thou art my sonne, this day haue I begotten thee." (Ps.2:7) KJV1611

"...Thou art my Sonne, to day haue I begotten thee" (Heb.5:5) KJV1611

• Members
2 minutes ago, robycop3 said:

Difference between the hebrew & Greek readings.

We have a perfect translation in English KJV1611. Now we are only interested in the English text, i.e. the meaning of verses in English.

• Members
54 minutes ago, Konstantin said:

We have a perfect translation in English KJV1611. Now we are only interested in the English text, i.e. the meaning of verses in English.

The KJV has had MANY changes though in its text and form since the original 1611, as there were known mistakes and issues in it that were corrected in later editions, such as the 1769 and the 1873!

• Members
13 hours ago, DaChaser said:

The KJV has had MANY changes though in its text and form since the original 1611, as there were known mistakes and issues in it that were corrected in later editions, such as the 1769 and the 1873!

The Bible has dual authorship. There are mistakes and inaccuracies in it because it was written by "holy men of God" (2 Peter 1:21). The text of the Bible is "the word of men" (1 Thess. 2:13), which is clear to everyone. KJV1611AV calls these men according to their names (the 47 persons).  But these men "were moued by the holy Ghost" (2 Peter 1:21). Therefore, the Author of the prophetic meaning of Bible verses is God. God's Word is "a more sure word of prophecie"(2 Peter 1:19), than "the word of men" (1 Thess. 2:13). The prophetic meaning of Bible verses is hidden from unbelievers. The Author of the Scripture uses the mistakes of the men of God to convey His words to people who seek the truth. The Bible of King 1611 is AV approved by the Author of the Scriptures. Bible publications 1769 and 1873 are not AV. Scripture says:

"Studie to shewe thy selfe approued vnto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly diuiding the word of trueth." (2Tim.2:15)