• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The Morality Behind Christian Women Wearing Pants

Go to solution Solved by Jordan Kurecki,

• Members

I believe we won't find scripture which states, God forbids women to wear "pants". However, as Paul would say, "But to the rest speak I, not the Lord:" Ladies, do you want your husband's attention drawn to what a woman wears? Why, do I ask, "because, your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour". Greater men of faith than I have fallen and I dare say greater than anyone in the local church. As much as my flesh would like to say that I'm above any earthly, worldly, or demonic temptation and attack, it just ain't so. I only ask that caution with God's wisdom is used that no woman "put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brother's way."

• Members
On 5/25/2018 at 8:27 AM, swathdiver said:

For example?  

Construction sites, certain workplaces like warehouses, EMT, Firefighter, Police officer. Working on a car. Up on a ladder. Nurses. Doctors. 

Or do you believe that women also should not work? 

I don't need to worry about what my husband is looking at. I can tell you he only has eyes for one woman...ME. 

Edited by Saved41199

• Members
20 hours ago, Saved41199 said:

Construction sites, certain workplaces like warehouses, EMT, Firefighter, Police officer. Working on a car. Up on a ladder. Nurses. Doctors. 

I don't need to worry about what my husband is looking at. I can tell you he only has eyes for one woman...ME. 

Not that I am super hardcore against pants, but that is not really a legitimate excuse for women to wear pants, just because you named occupations that require pants or something similiar, does not mean it is ok for women to wear them.

if pants truly are immodest on a woman, then women should not be doing things that require them to wear them. 

To give you an example in the spirit of reductio absurdum, that would be like saying that since a woman can’t be a bikini model without wearing a bikini, then it must be ok for her to wear a bikini. I believe what you are doing is a form of circular reasoning. 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Administrators

Try telling a woman in Alaska that she should be wearing a dress or skirt when the temp is minus 40 degrees below zero or lower. I'm just saying that there are legitimate exceptions, it is not a "one size fits all" issue.

I find it interesting that whenever this subject of what church members should wear is brought up, it is always about women wearing pants. the subject of what a man should wear is avoided. How many sermons have you heard that focus on the last clause of this verse:  De 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. 

• Administrators
1 minute ago, heartstrings said:

Well, I guess that could be because its not very common for men to wear dresses and skirts. 

I guess even that depends on where you live huh?  Scotland for example.

• Members
20 hours ago, Saved41199 said:

There was a time in America where women were held in high esteem and would never be allowed to do some of these things you mention.  Nurses and doctors can and have worn dresses and skirts for over a hundred years.  Ladies should not be medics or firemen, they lack the physical strength to do the job.  Policewomen wore skirts into the early 1990s as did women sailors but now the unisex and perverts have them all dressing alike using convincing excuses to disobey God's eternal Word.

On a recent encounter, the firemen arrived at our home to carry one of our loved ones to the hospital for treatment.  The two women carried clip boards and the men were doing the heavy lifting and such to get the patient to the ambulance.  Our tax dollars at work to appease the haughty and rebellious in our broken society.  For hundreds of years America's women wore dresses and skirts while working in the fields, running plows, picking cotton, threshing wheat, all the work that had to be done on a family's farm; even fighting off Indians!  They never even contemplated dressing like men until Hollywood's liberals began enticing them away from Godliness.

As for your last, a man is a visual creature, we see things differently then women and it does not matter how much we love our wives or that we hate seeing that which we ought not to see but our fallen society sees nothing wrong with.  Immodest and improper dress can be a stumbling block to men.  Without thought, our eyes go here and there automatically and I for one have to shield them and my brain lest I fall into sin myself!  Praise God that I am not like I used to be!

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Try telling a woman in Alaska that she should be wearing a dress or skirt when the temp is minus 40 degrees below zero or lower. I'm just saying that there are legitimate exceptions, it is not a "one size fits all" issue.

I find it interesting that whenever this subject of what church members should wear is brought up, it is always about women wearing pants. the subject of what a man should wear is avoided. How many sermons have you heard that focus on the last clause of this verse:  De 22:5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God. 

Well the young lady I am courting is from Alaska, Fairbanks to be specific, and both she and her mother ALWAYS wear skirts.Last time I was there it was negative 30 degrees..so how exactly they pull it off, I’m not sure, but they do. 

Edited by Jordan Kurecki

• Administrators
28 minutes ago, heartstrings said:

In Scottish culture, a "kilt'', is masculine attire, brother.

yup, right you are Bro. Wanye.

3 minutes ago, Jordan Kurecki said:

Well the young lady I am courting is from Alaska, Fairbanks to be specific, and both she and her mother ALWAYS wear skirts.Last time I was there it was negative 30 degrees..so how exactly they pull it off, I’m not sure, but they do. 

Bro. Jordan, may I ask what church she and you attended while in Fairbanks? There are four Independent Baptist churches in Fairbanks. I may even know your young lady or her parents because these churches fellow-shipped with each other a lot.

• Members
21 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

yup, right you are Bro. Wanye.

Bro. Jordan, may I ask what church she and you attended while in Fairbanks? There are four Independent Baptist churches in Fairbanks. I may even know your young lady or her parents because these churches fellow-shipped with each other a lot.

Bible Baptist

• Members
1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

As for your last, a man is a visual creature, we see things differently then women and it does not matter how much we love our wives or that we hate seeing that which we ought not to see but our fallen society sees nothing wrong with.  Immodest and improper dress can be a stumbling block to men.  Without thought, our eyes go here and there automatically and I for one have to shield them and my brain lest I fall into sin myself!  Praise God that I am not like I used to be!

If you claim you "can't help" looking then I think you need to develop some SERIOUS self-control. 

And, if you think a woman in pants looks like a man, then you've obviously not understood part of this conversation. Women's pants are cut MUCH differently than men's pants. 

1 hour ago, swathdiver said:

adies should not be medics or firemen, they lack the physical strength to do the job

That's funny! I know a few female medics, firemen and police officers who could take down a man in a minute. A friend of mine is a retired officer from my hometown. She's 5'-nothing and 110lbs on a good day. She had NO problems taking down men twice her size. 

But, I get it...you want to control women...because YOU can't control YOUR OWN thoughts...Ok...my advice on that is grow up and get you some of that fruit of the spirit...that self-control fruit. I have a husband and two sons who don't turn into slobbering fountains of testosterone around women. 

• Members
11 hours ago, Saved41199 said:

If you claim you "can't help" looking then I think you need to develop some SERIOUS self-control. 

And, if you think a woman in pants looks like a man, then you've obviously not understood part of this conversation. Women's pants are cut MUCH differently than men's pants. 

That's funny! I know a few female medics, firemen and police officers who could take down a man in a minute. A friend of mine is a retired officer from my hometown. She's 5'-nothing and 110lbs on a good day. She had NO problems taking down men twice her size. 

But, I get it...you want to control women...because YOU can't control YOUR OWN thoughts...Ok...my advice on that is grow up and get you some of that fruit of the spirit...that self-control fruit. I have a husband and two sons who don't turn into slobbering fountains of testosterone around women. 

I don't believe your statements about the female medics, firemen and police officers.  The women medics and firemen are just too physically weak (as God created them) to lift and move large men like men can do.  The police officer's ability to control men was no doubt assisted by her badge and gun.  History is replete with lady officers being overwhelmed and subdued by criminals who were not deterred by their guns and badges.  

Ma'am, you know much that isn't so and you're being haughty.  I shall say no more in this post, God's Word is clear.

Suggested Reading: 

https://www.amazon.com/Bobbed-Bossy-Wives-Women-Preachers/dp/0873980654

51RYTD0FEGL._SX320_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg