• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Non-church ministries

• Members

Just wondering about people's thoughts on ministries such as revival ministries, evangelistic ministries, children's ministries, soup kitchen ministries..... really any sort of ministry, whether for spiritual growth or physical help.

Should such ministries be part of a church, or is it ok for it to be the ministry of an individual without reference to any local church?

Thoughts?

• Administrators

I really don't like revival ministries and evangelistic ministries that are entities of their own, whether they are put on by a church other than our own or completely separate from a local church. I've just seen too much scriptural error,  salesmanship, easy believism and things of that nature. In the past many of them were nothing more than a money making machine, or a stepping stone for some evangelist to gain a following. I'm ok with children's and soup kitchen ministries if they are sanctioned by a local IFB  church. I do take exception with children's ministries that try to take advantage of young minds and  focus on getting a profession from the young at any cost.