• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

YUMMY PORK CHOPS

• Administrators

I can't remember if I posted this before so will post it again. I just get lazy trying to find stuff I may have posted already.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yummy Pork Chops 

Large deep sided skillet with cover

Begin heating on high heat about ¼” of oil in the skillet

Pour some flour in a bowl

Slice a large RED onion in about ¼” thick slices

Wash pork chops in clear water, do not drain them

Season pork chops with Johnny’s seasoning and garlic powder

Dredge pork chops in the flour, cover them well with flour

Shake off excess flour and brown the chops well

Remove chops from pan, turn fire down to low (number three on my electric stove)

Line the bottom of the pan with whole slices of red onion

Place pork chops on the onion, turn up heat until the chops start to cook again

Pour in one cup of hot water, cover pan and turn down the heat to low again

It should just simmer, cook covered for 30 minutes

When done, remove pork chops and wrap in foil or Saran Wrap and refrigerate

Yu can serve them right away, but they are better the next day.

The next day, take out the chops and onion and heat in microwave, they are much better the second day!

Serve with favorite veggies.

• Members

Reading through these posts are beginning to make me hungry. I like the bone-in porkchops. What I do is I remove the bone after it's done cooking. That way, they can be flavor packed. Like BroMatt, Ive been living in cities my whole life. I'd like to live off the grid some day and survive from foraging for sustenance and just live off the land.

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Alan said:

Sounds like you know how to cook a good meal.

My wife posed a question. When can my wife and I  come over and decide for ourselves how yummy they are? :4_12_2:

Any time you can make it this far you are more than welcome Bro. Alan. I also know how to make a lot extra, as to portion size.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, (Omega) said:

Reading through these posts are beginning to make me hungry. I like the bone-in porkchops. What I do is I remove the bone after it's done cooking. That way, they can be flavor packed. Like BroMatt, Ive been living in cities my whole life. I'd like to live off the grid some day and survive from foraging for sustenance and just live off the land.

I also like the bone in pork chops. I am even more picky about what kind of bone in chops. I like the bone in rib chops better than the one that are like a T-Bone steak; they come from closer to the shoulder of the pig. To me the rib chops are more flavorful.

Most of what they want you to buy in the stores today have no bone and are actually the almost fat-less portion of the center cut. They tend to be dry and tasteless.

• Members