• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Turning the Page

• Administrators

I know how you feel ww. When I left Alaska I went through an almost ten year drought because there was no Independent Baptist church where I lived and none within driving distance. I held services in my home for my wife and I that were attended by a few friends. Where I live is very rural, only 80 people in this "wide spot in the road". No stores or gas stations for 50 miles in any direction.

Normally I would not have relocated where there was no church, but my wife's deteriorating medical condition demanded that we live where I now live. My wife has since passed on. I was very fortunate that after her passing I found an Independent Baptist Church that had just been started by individuals who had recently called an Independent pastor. I have now been in this church for 12 years and have been used to teach and fill in for our pastor's absences, as well as special meetings.

I will be in earnest prayer for your situation ww. It really does sound like The Lord is preparing the way before you.

• Members

I spent quite a bit of time on the telephone last night with the folks in Colorado. He has been very actively reaching out almost daily in the community. His difficulty, however, has been in what to tell folks. The displaced, hungry and searching want to hear more than "Someone is coming in 6 months, we will help you then". So, after us talking about it, he's going to begin a weekly Bible study in his home immediately for those who have been looking for something and want to be a part of the new assembly. I put my Sunday School lessons that I teach here on my channel on YouTube almost every week, and also the messages that I preach in chapel here in the Christian school. Although Paul is capable of teaching a Bible study, they can also watch one of the videos together, and then we can FaceTime as needed to answer questions, discuss scripture and encourage them, until I arrive in June.

It's not ideal, and its certainly temporary, but there seems to be a very real indication of God moving, and we just want to faithfully, actively continue to move with it.

This is a new way to approach this, at least for me. But all parties involved are in prayer about it, and feel that the Lord is leading us in this. It's an exciting time.

• Members
16 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

WW, could you give us a link to your YouTube channel for your Sunday School lessons? I would love to see and hear some of your teaching.

Jim, Im not sure how to give a link to a channel. I'm sorry. I'm tech challenged. Here is the link to this Sunday's lesson that I just got uploaded, I was able to figure that out. Can you find what you need from that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxX7EggavmI

PS - I make verbal stumbles sometimes, as we all do when we get going, but I have not yet figured out how to edit without butchering the whole video. So, for instance, in this video, Im aware that the prayer of Jesus is in John 17, but I said Luke 17. Still getting used to this video stuff.

• Administrators

I'll take a look later tonight WW. I may be able to find more from the link you gave, I'll let you know. Thanks for trying, I know from experience that this tech stuff can get very frustrating until you learn it.

• Administrators

I found your latest lesson from the link you gave. If anyone clicks on your name on that page it loads your channel.

But for those of us who are not tech savvy I will include a direct link to your channel  HERE

I will listen to your whole lesson later tonight in my alone time.

• Members
2 minutes ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I found your latest lesson from the link you gave. If anyone clicks on your name on that page it loads your channel.

But for those of us who are not tech savvy I will include a direct link to your channel  HERE

I will listen to your whole lesson later tonight in my alone time.

Thank you so much for your help.

• Administrators

WW, I watched your last Sunday School lesson and found it very well done It was also nice to be able to connect a face and voice with the person we talk to online. Thanks for making these lessons available online for others to enjoy and be edified by.