• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Turning the Page

• Members

I am sure that the Lord will lead you to the place where He wants you and use you as He sees fit.

We, I have missed you, and are glad to hear from you; even though hard decisions have been made.

I looking forward to hearing from you more often as I miss your discussions and fellowship.

Oh, by the way, I like your new avatar.

Alan

• Members
1 hour ago, Alan said:

I am sure that the Lord will lead you to the place where He wants you and use you as He sees fit.

We, I have missed you, and are glad to hear from you; even though hard decisions have been made.

I looking forward to hearing from you more often as I miss your discussions and fellowship.

Oh, by the way, I like your new avatar.

Alan

As always, Alan, you are very kind.

BTW - The avatar is from a picture I took in Africa about 3 years ago. Im glad you like it.

• Administrators

WW, is the church you are serving now in Alaska? I guess I just haven't kept up with your location. I do understand your frustration concerning a young and inexperienced pastor. The difference between your situation and mine is that the members are not doctrinally grounded enough to see any problems. The problems in my church are not as severe as your's seem to be, but are there non-the-less.

Praying for your situation, I am sure that The lord will lead you as he has promised.

• Members
18 hours ago, weary warrior said:

BTW - The avatar is from a picture I took in Africa about 3 years ago. Im glad you like it.

As a side note. I think :think_smiley_50:  (sometimes I don't think  ; sometimes I think wrong; and occasionally a thought comes to my pea picking brain that is ok), if you did a thread on your trip to Africa it would be a blessing to all of us.

Or, here comes another thought :think_smiley_42: , if you uploaded a photo or two of the beauty of Africa in Rebecca's, "The Beauty of Creation," thread, it would be a blessing to us all. Here is the link:

I can just imagine that that lion photo, full size, would be a beauty! :4_6_100:

Edited by Alan
re-did the link

• Members
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 9:24 PM, weary warrior said:

It has become very clear to me that the time for me to leave this church is fast approaching. There is no open conflict, but far too many of the church members have come to me separately and privately (about 50%) with concerns and dissatisfaction over our youthful and inexperienced pastor, and the direction he is taking the church. This new direction, thankfully, is not one of doctrinal or moral compromise, but is unacceptable all the same.

I absolutely refuse to start another church in the area for the disaffected, as I see that as ungodly, dishonest and immoral. It would effectively be a church split, and I wont have any part of it. I hate church splits with a passion. It does great violence to the body and bride of Christ. The situation must be dealt with in-house, or not at all. I have told everyone who has approached me that I refuse to do this thing, even though I understand their frustration. He's a good man, just a bit lazy, young and inexperienced. And stubborn. 

The problem lies in that he sees me as a threat due to my age and experience, and will not hear any counsel from me. I want him to have time to mature and grow, I want him to succeed, I want him to figure it out. But I am not the one he will listen to, and my presence has become a problem. So after much prayer and personal wrestling with this thing, at the end of the school year my family and I will quietly find a new place to serve. 

We are looking at possibly moving back to Kentucky, to be close to my elderly parents, and my granddaughter in NC. I do not know if we will start a new church or find a broken one that needs a shepherd to love them and feed them. I am leaving all of that up to the leading of the Lord. He will show me in His time.

I hope you will keep us, and the church here, in your prayers. This is a time where wisdom, gentleness, strength and the clear leading of the Holy Spirit are required. I truly love this young man, and that is exactly why our departure is so necessary.

Just curious - Why are you leaving. The Youth Pastor should be the one sent packing if he does not line up with the Pastor.

• Members

I was in a conversation with a good friend of mine in Western Colorado this morning. He had contacted me with some questions about the ballistics of a certain hunting rifle I have, and in course of the conversation, the subject of church and my seeking God's will came up. He said that there is a big need for a good church where he is, and he knows several people who would come right off if one was started. We had a good conversation about the overall church situation in the area, and both of us have begun prayer for the Lord's specific leading and guidance in this. I would really appreciate it if anyone would join us in prayer about this. I worked there for several months in the oilfields a couple of years ago, and love the area. I have a number of contacts there, and my family loved it as well. I just want to be sure of his guiding. My parents in Kentucky will encourage us to go where ever God leads, even if it means not being close to them.

• Moderators

The entire Eastern half of Nicaragua needs churches. yes, I'm recruiting :12_slight_smile:

Seriously though -- access by road (or small plane) to Puerto Cabezas or by boat (or small plane) from El Rama to Bluefields, the rest of the region is jungle or river travel. Calvary Baptist (Matagalpa) helped get a church started in El Rama. There's one in Puerto Cabezas. The rest of the region is lacking. Bluefields has 46,000 people and no Biblically sound church. The Eastern half of the country is predominately Rama and Miskito Indians and Creole Caribbean African descendants (the largest black population in Cental America is in Nicaragua with 2/3 of those in Nicaragua living in and around Bluefields). The population in Eastern half of the country are suspicious of and HIGHLY bigoted against the Western half. One reason is the political feelings of "not giving our people enough sovereignty". The other is that the blacks there are VERY racially biased against the Hispanics (not so much against whites).

• Members

I am amazed and excited about the way things are progressing in Colorado. I have gotten almost daily calls and texts from the folks that are there, many concerning questions of doctrine, policy and what can they do to facilitate things. They have been reaching out to folks daily that they know have been seeking, that have been hurt or marginalized, or that are just unhappy with the modern, compromising state of things. It appears that the Lord has already begun a work before we even arrive. After the last several years in a ministry "desert", I feel like a desert plant feeling the first drops of rain that I have felt in a long, long time.