• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Employers googling job candidates

Guest Guest

It is no worse than running a background check. I try not to do anything online that I wouldn't want as public knowledge(excluding various account information etc.).

• Members
No problem for me' date=' that is as long as nobody puts any false information out on me.[/quote']

In this computer age and with the capabilities of hackers, it might be quite easy for someone who holds a grudge against someone to post some false information on the net about the person they're mad at.

There are many who not only want to get even, they take actions.

Many places where a person applies for a job don't they ask for consent to check you back ground? Googling you would be no differences than any other type of back ground check would it?

Guest Guest
You wouldn't want to have a popular name or anything can come up. I think it's stupid only because it is not reliable at all.

:amen::goodpost: MrsW. I don't find the Internet to be an extremely accurate source of information. Anyone can say anything about anyone...and, get away with it. Most articles are false, IMO. I prefer the Bible as my first source, my pastor as my second source... because he is up on world news, the "good old-fashioned" library, and my FIL's Christian book store (which I need to look into more :lol ). These four things work for me.

The only place I go on-line is OB. :clap:

• Members

I don't like the idea of anyone snooping around trying to find out stuff about me but I can understand why some employers might do this.

Who would want "Cindy" as your Good Mothers representative only to find out later "Cindy" hosts a striptease webcam? Imagine the damage that your respectable company would suffer if you hired "Cindy" and her webcam became the subject of a criminal investigation on the local news?