• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Social Gospel

• Members

Seems like the social gospel of Christianity promoted by heretics and the media.  Is winning America over.  If i support equal rights and sodomites and even the kind of Communism that Martin Luther King infused into the black community.  I am accepted then.  Whats wrong with those people.  Something is wrong with them.  They support abortion which is legal thru all 9 months right up until the day of birth.  They support sodomite rights. They by proxy support atheists who love the social gospel.  I'm not going to call anyone that calls themselves Christian black white or other that stand for that kind of evil my brother.  

MLK thats Hebrew I guess for Molech those letters.  The God they sacrificed children too.  Somethings way, way, off with this social gospel.  I start to wonder about Babylon and Nimord just why people calling themselves Christian don't have Christian righteousness about a lot of things they should have...

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

Doesn't surprise me at all. The Word of God clearly teaches that there will be a moral decline in the end times, and those who are nominal "Christians" who claim to follow the Bible and are counterfeits, who live a life of carnality and wickedness. A Pastor friend of mine had told me that some of these abortion clinics are actually secret societies for witches who worship Satan in secret. It's their way of sacrificing unborn children to the Serpent. It's sad that so many professing Christians are abortionist's and have little to no spiritual discernment at all.

For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad. (Luke 8:17)

Likewise also as it was in the days of Lot; they did eat, they drank, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded; But the same day that Lot went out of Sodom it rained fire and brimstone from heaven, and destroyed them all. Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed. (Luke 17:28-30)

Edited by (Omega)
Additional Info

• Members

I understand that particularly the drug abuse.  Which keep reaching worse and worse levels.  Its like even Christians get swallowed up in this we should all love one and accept one another.  True people have their rights which is Biblical.  People that say they are solid Bibles Christians yet they have no problem with communism and abortion and sodomites.  That think everything is social justice.  I am purposely separating those people out.  Because they seem to be society's norm and measuring line.  If your for them hey your a good person and that's what Jesus was about equal rights.  For the black, sodomite, Hindu and Buddhist and the Jew.  When really those people are wicked if they aren't saved. 

I think what I am saying is Martin Luther King was an evil heretic that has the praise of all men basically (especially the msm)  and sucked a lot of people into his heresy which a great many follow today and don't even realize it. Offend someone about him its worse than offending God with a lot of people that say they are Christian.  MLK was basically the start of the social gospel in America potentially

Edited by Potatochip

• Members

Correct but lol your talking to a guy that has a street ministry.  Its not just him but the people that claim to be Christian that bought into his Marxist theology.  These are Bible believing Christians that confess Jesus.  Yet they honor this guy and and his social ideals.  Nothing one can do but many Christians find it hard to separate this all out when the Bible believing Christians that think this guy is swell.  Refuse to separate or even say what you just said. 

He was a heretic.  I have never heard that out of any black church or mouth they should be shouting it to the heavens.  In my opinion.  So they know the difference between a heretic and  WHAT WE ALL BELIEVE IN AS BORN AGAIN BIBLE BELIEVING CHRISTIANS.  Come out from among them and be separate and no one is setting the example and thats not good for these people that believe one and all that MLK was sent from God.  Or was some kind of prophet the Catholic church wanted to make him a saint I read. He led a lot of people down a really dark road and they still believe in that guy

Edited by Potatochip

• 3 years later...
  • Members
On 12/15/2017 at 3:56 PM, Potatochip said:

Seems like the social gospel of Christianity promoted by heretics and the media.  Is winning America over.  .... I start to wonder about Babylon and Nimord just why people calling themselves Christian don't have Christian righteousness about a lot of things they should have...

I don't know what "America" is any more.  Growing up born in the usa,  with all others I knew, we were taught America was great,  honorable,  Godly,  Christian...  none of which turned out to be true more and more and more after 1962.   America , whether it did before or not,  turned it's back on God,  and welcomed greed,  deception and idols in power and in common people.  I don't believe it will nor can nor is likely at all to recover nor to be restored to anything good in our lifetime - the last two years it has very rapidly given in more and plunged headlong in deception leading as many as possible in the way of destruction.

The social gospel was or became the song and banner for so-called churches a century or more ago,  and grew since then to include most, or so it seems obvious;  and they attack in many ways anyone who takes a stand for the truth,  anywhere, even in other countries.

• Members

The Social Gospel speaks more to the church relating to the immediate or longterm physical and emotional needs of people over the spiritual. They may get around to the spiritual in time, but it's usually not something that happens.

• Members
On 8/7/2021 at 6:17 AM, BrotherTony said:

The Social Gospel speaks more to the church relating to the immediate or longterm physical and emotional needs of people over the spiritual. They may get around to the spiritual in time, but it's usually not something that happens.

Agreed. That seems to be the pattern here for many churches. It would be great if they could help others with physical needs but not lose focus on their eternal needs but that just isn't the reality. 

Another issue I've seen is that the churches get so focused on funding needs for others in the surrounding community that they end up neglecting their own church members who may need assistance with bills,food, or whatever. A churches first responsibility should be the well being of individuals in the local body...like widows, single parents, the handicapped, etc.. who may struggle to make ends meet regularly. 

Almost every local church here that runs a food bank or similar outreaches fall into the "mainline" church category. Don't get me wrong it's great to help and reach out to others in need. The problem is that they come into contact with probably hundreds of people's month and won't even make the effort to hand them a Bible tract to help them with their spiritual and eternal needs.

• Members
5 minutes ago, Disciple.Luke said:

Agreed. That seems to be the pattern here for many churches. It would be great if they could help others with physical needs but not lose focus on their eternal needs but that just isn't the reality. 

Another issue I've seen is that the churches get so focused on funding needs for others in the surrounding community that they end up neglecting their own church members who may need assistance with bills,food, or whatever. A churches first responsibility should be the well being of individuals in the local body...like widows, single parents, the handicapped, etc.. who may struggle to make ends meet regularly. 

Almost every local church here that runs a food bank or similar outreaches fall into the "mainline" church category. Don't get me wrong it's great to help and reach out to others in need. The problem is that they come into contact with probably hundreds of people's month and won't even make the effort to hand them a Bible tract to help them with their spiritual and eternal needs.

It's great they want to help others, but sad that they won't spread the Word of God...our main mission. Churches are too easily sidetracked these days and believe the social gospel is our first prioirity. I wish they'd read their Bibles before coming to that conclusion.