• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Clarence Larkin - The Spirit World

Alan

• Members

Invicta,

I have studied Hendriksen's work, "More Than Conquerors," several times. I have looked at every note that he has in the book.  In my estimation, every time I study it I view Hendriksen as a preterist.

Also, Hendrickson's view on Israel, Prophecy, is pretty much the same as most preterists; including Laymon and Philip Mauro. Hendriksen's denunciation of fundamentalists, the Authorized Version  (the KJV), the Jews, the Scofield Reference Bible, is almost the same views as other preterists that I have read.

In my understanding, and as much as I read, Hendriksen was  a-millennial, and as one reads his book, it is clear that his views concerning the Book of Revelation, and the above other subjects that I mentioned, is preterist. So, I have called him a preterist and will continue to do so.

Alan

• Members

Chapter 19
The Judgments
Part 2
Judgment NO 2
The Chart on Page 148 helps explains the Judgment as a Servant.
Chart
The Two Judgments of the Believer

5a530d2f1fc78_LarkinSpiritpage148.thumb.JPG.f3d639b73b2a57c3c7d2e162b07c5219.JPG

Larkin quotes 2 Corinthians 5:10, “For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

Larkin had made a close observation concerning the context of 2 Corinthians 5:10 which I feel is important to this study. “The pronoun “We” occurs 26 times in the chapter, and in every instance it means the Believer, and the Epistle is addressed to the “Church” and “Saints” at Corinth, so the Judgment here spoken of is for Believers “only.” The “Time” of the Judgment is when the Lord comes (1 Cor. 4:5), and the “Place” is “in the air” (1 Thess. 4:17) and before the Judgment Seat of Christ.”i

1 Corinthians 4:5, “Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.”
1 Thessalonians 4:17, “Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.”
                                                                                                                                                                             Comment by Alan
1 Corinthians 4:5 and 1 Thessalonians  4:17 clearly reveal to us that the saved saints in the New Testament church will receive their rewards for their labor at the coming of the Lord Jesus for the church.  I would like to reinforce this belief with a quotation of Revelation 22:12, “And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be.” The Lord Jesus clearly stated that when He comes He will bring His reward for every saint with Him.

Therefore, the inescapable conclusion is that the doctrine of a “General Resurrection,” and “General Judgment,” is not true.   

Larkin clearly brings out that the Judgment Seat of Christ is for “rewards” (or loss of rewards), for the saints and not a judgment for sin.
1 Corinthians 9:24-27
1 Corinthians 3:11-15

i Larkin, Clarence The Spirit World, (Glenside, PA: Rev. Clarence Larkin Estate), 1921, page 149

Edited by Alan
added scripture reference

• Members
On 1/7/2018 at 8:14 PM, Alan said:

Concerning his comments on Revelation 20:11-15, William Hendriksen says, “Now Christ's coming unto judgment is vividly described. John sees a Great White Throne. Upon it is seated the Christ, Matt. 25:31; Rev. 14:14. From his face the earth and the heaven flee away. Not the destruction or annihilation but the renovation of the universe is indicated here. It will be a dissolution of the elements with great heat, II Pet. 3:10; a regeneration, Matt. 19:28; a restoration of all things, Acts 3:21; and a deliverance from the bondage of corruption, Rom. 8:21. No longer will this universe be subject to “vanity”II p. 276. John sees the dead, the great and the small, standing before the Throne.12 p.276. All individuals who have ever lived on earth are seen before the Throne. The books are opened: the records of the life of every person, Dan. 7:10. also the book of life, containing the names of all believers, is opened, Rev. 3:5;13:8. The dead are judged in accordance with their works, Matt. 25:31 ff.; Rom. 14:10; II Cor. 5:10. The sea gives up its dead; so do Death and Hades. See our explanation of Rev. 1:18; 6:8. Here is the one, general resurrection of all the dead. The entire Bible teaches but one, general resurrection! Read John 5:28, 29. This one and only and general resurrection takes place at the last day. John 6:39, 40, 44, 54; Acts 24:15; Matt. 22:31; Acts 24:21; Heb. 6:213 p.276. Nowhere in the entire Bible do we read of a resurrection of the bodies of believers, followed, after a thousand years, by a resurrection of the bodies of the unbelievers. All rise at the same time.”

As most a-millennialism teachers, and the preterist, use most of the same scriptures to teach a, "General Resurrection and General Judgment," we will take note in this Overview that Larkin teaches the correct interpretation of the scripture that the a-millenialist incorrectly uses.

For example. Hendriksen used 2 Corinthians 5:10 as a proof text that, "The dead are judged in accordance with their works, Matt. 25:31 ff.; Rom. 14:10; II Cor. 5:10." In this last lesson, Larkin shows that only the believers are judged at the  Judgment Seat of Christ as mentioned by Paul in 2 Corinthians 5:10, and by way of context, Romans 14:10

"But why dost thou judge thy brother? or why dost thou set at nought thy brother? for we all shall all stand before the Judgment Seat of Christ." Romans 14:10 The apostle Paul is very clear, only brothers in Christ will be judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ. For Hendriksen, or any other a-millennialist, or preterist, to say that all the dead will be judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ is incorrect. 

Edited by Alan
added the word 'teachers'

• Members

Hi Alan,

I want to comment on the judgments and resurrections from what I've garnered from Larkin's commentaries and your notes. I have to admit from the outset that eschatology has never been my forte, but from what I've gleaned from reading the scriptures that pertain to judgment and resurrections, believers of the Church will be judged following the first resurrection (Rev. 20:4-6) at the judgment seat of Christ; that is where we will get our rewards (or not). This is where I get confused a little. I'm having some difficulty reconciling the timing of when believers get their rewards and the rapture, even with Larkin's charts. My brain doesn't want to collaborate with me on certain days. Do believers get their rewards immediately after the rapture? I know that unbelievers will receive a last judgment at the end of time to demonstrate their true nature; that results in being cast into the lake of fire in every case. The only other judgment (aside from Christ being judged for our sins) following resurrection from what I've read in involves the case of the millennial believers (not the raptured saints), the friends of the Bride (Jn. 3:29), who are not resurrected at the second advent as we are (most of them will not have been born at that point) but at the end of history; they are the sheep in the sheep and goats judgment.  It also appears to me as if the first resurrection has phases, such as Christ being the "firstfruits" of the resurrection (1 Cor. 15:20); of those who have fallen asleep in Christ (1 Cor. 15:23; Rev. 1:5); and the resurrection of the Old Testament Saints (Isaiah 26:19; Dan. 12:2). I can't understand how anyone could believe in a general judgment for all when it says that the "dead" are judged in Revelation 20:12. The dead obviously in that verse refers to the "spiritually dead", so the "justified" cannot be among those who are judged by God. 

And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. (Revelation 20:11)

What I know is that the Great White Throne judgment mentioned in scripture (Rev. 20:11-15) refers only to non-believers who are judged according to their "works" (white symbolizing God's purity, glory, and holiness), and then there's the "bema" seat of Christ where justified believers are judged as stated in the first paragraph. The Great White Throne judgment found in Revelation 20:11 seems to imply that this judgment takes place neither on Earth or the atmospheric heaven, while the "bema" seat for believers most likely takes place on Earth while Christ is on the throne at the start of the millennium, and then the saints will reign with Him for a thousand years. According to the Greek concordance, the word (bema) means "speaker's place" and in usage it means the place of adjudication as in this passage where Paul is haled in front of the Roman governor at Corinth:  

And when Gallio was the deputy of Achaia, the Jews made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the judgment seat, Saying, This fellow persuadeth men to worship God contrary to the law. And when Paul was now about to open his mouth, Gallio said unto the Jews, If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O ye Jews, reason would that I should bear with you: But if it be a question of words and names, and of your law, look ye to it; for I will be no judge of such matters. And he drave them from the judgment seat. (bema). Acts 18:12-16

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. (Revelation 20:12)

I find it interesting that the word "throne" is mentioned nearly 50 times in the Book of Revelation alone, and the passage found in Revelation 20:11-15 refers to the final judgment of all non-believers of all ages (Matt. 10:15; 11:22,24; 12:36, 41-42; Lk. 10:14; Jn. 12:48; Acts 17:31; 24:25; Rom. 2:5, 16; Heb. 9:27; 2 Pet. 2:9, 3:7; Jude 6). This judgment is doled out by God Himself in Revelation 20:11-15, and the non-believers will be judged according to their "works" (cf. Rom. 2:6, 16), and will be shown that "works" cannot save a non-believer (cf. Rom. 3:9-19; Isaiah 64:6), and as a result, they are cast into the Lake of Fire. I find the word "throne" being mentioned that many times in the book of Revelation shows that it is mainly about judgment with God elevated on His throne. We, as believers will face the "bema" seat of Christ before the spiritually dead are judged, and it's transparent that knowing this proves that there are more than one judgment and one resurrection. The glorified believers will have specific functions and duties as servants of the Lord in the thousand year reign of Christ depending on their rewards.

I can't quite fathom how Hendriksen could believe in one general resurrection when the bible clearly speaks of more than one resurrection in Revelation 20:5 -- it's inescapable. If there is a "first" resurrection, then it follows that there has to be a "second" resurrection. If you find anything erroneous in my post, please let me know. As mentioned earlier, eschatology has never been my strong point in biblical discussions and debates, so I would defer to you to determine if there are any mistakes in my understanding. And Alan, you are right on the money in terms of amillennialism: they refuse to accept that Revelation, e.g., has anything useful to say at all, deeming nearly all eschatology symbolic. And a first year bible student can rightly determine that some of the events in Revelation have not occurred yet. I did some research on Preterism, and Preterism is a term which in biblical studies generally means "already happened"; so there are those who feel that John, e.g., was describing events that took place before, during or shortly after his inspired penning of Revelation. Context is king, and from reading Revelation...I don't know how it's possible to believe that most of the events such as the second advent has happened. There are a wide variety of "flavors" of this. The main thing to note that both are wrong as wrong can be, and very easily obviously so, since they deny the clear meaning of scripture as part of their fundamental theories (as anyone reading Revelation in English can plainly see).  

God Bless,

Daniel

• Members
9 minutes ago, (Omega) said:

but from what I've gleaned from reading the scriptures that pertain to judgment and resurrections, believers of the Church will be judged following the first resurrection (Rev. 20:4-6) at the judgment seat of Christ; that is where we will get our rewards (or not). This is where I get confused a little. I'm having some difficulty reconciling the timing of when believers get their rewards and the rapture, even with Larkin's charts. My brain doesn't want to collaborate with me on certain days. Do believers get their rewards immediately after the rapture? I know that unbelievers will receive a last judgment at the end of time to demonstrate their true nature; that results in being cast into the lake of fire in every case.

Daniel,

Welcome back!

Your post was quite lengthly. I will need to copy and paste the entire post and answer most of it later. Right now I will try and answer the first question now.

It is very apparent to me that the Judgment Seat of Christ is for the judging of the church saints for rewards or lack of rewards: 1 Corinthians 3:10-17

The timing of the Judgment Seat of Christ will be when the Lord Jesus comes for the church: 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18. Paul made it very clear that the church age saints will meet the Lord in the air and the Lord Jesus made it very clear, Revelation 22:12 that He will bring His rewards with Him. And, Revelation 4:4 makes is very clear that the the crowns are already worn. So, the believers are judged, and rewarded, immediately after the rapture in the air. 

Alan

• Members

I should have written down my post into several posts. Thanks for answering my question regarding the timing of when the judgment for believers to get or not get their rewards occur, because I was a little iffy about it. 

God Bless!

• Members

Daniel,

It is my pleasure in discussing prophecy.

Brethren,

I have gotten a little bit ahead of the Overview on Larkin in answering Daniel's timely question concerning when the Judgment Seat of Christ takes place. In a later lesson, Larkin clearly shows the distinction between the two judgments.

The scriptures make it plainly clear that the Judgment Seat of Christ takes place in the clouds, or the atmospheric air, when we meet the Lord.

The Great White Throne of Judgment, Revelation 20:11-15, does not take place in the clouds, or in the atmospheric air of the earth. Revelation 20:11& 12a,clearly states, "And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; ... "

William Hendriksen says, “Now Christ's coming unto judgment is vividly described. John sees a Great White Throne. Upon it is seated the Christ, Matt. 25:31; Rev. 14:14. From his face the earth and the heaven flee away."

1. William Hendriksen is clearly in error. According to Revelation 20:12a, God, not the Lord Jesus, sits on the Great White Throne. For Hendriksen to say that Christ is seated on the Great White Throne of Judgment is erroneous.

2. At the Great White Throne of Judgment there are no clouds, no air, no heaven, and no place at all.

3. At the Judgment Seat of Christ; Paul clearly states that Jesus is in the clouds, in the air, above the earth.

4. At the Judgment Seat of Christ the the earth and heaven does not flee away.

Therefore, it is an inescapable scriptural fact,  that the Judgment Seat of Christ and the Great White Throne of Judgment are two distinct and separate judgments.

Edited by Alan
deleted a sentence concerning Hendriksen grammer

• Members

Chapter 19

The Judgments

Part 3

Larkin states that there will be five types of Crowns to be rewarded at the Judgment Seat of Christ.

1. The Crown of Life. This crown will be for martyrs.

• James 1:12

• Revelation 2:10

2. The Crown of Glory. This crown will be for the Elders, or Pastor's, who rule well.

• 1Peter 5:2-4

3. The Crown of Rejoicing. This Crown will be for Soul-Winners.

• 1 Thessalonians 2:19-20

• Philippians 4:1

4. The Crown of Righteousness. This Crown will be for those who, “...love his appearing.”

• 2 Timothy 4:8, “Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.”

5. The Crown Incorruptible. This Crown is for those saints who keep their body under subjection.

• 1 Corinthians 9:25-27

The Judgment of Reward Chart

page 151

image.thumb.jpeg.c9c0abf165e78a2b721296d70fe82bb8.jpeg

• Members

Daniel,

Here is my response to another question in your January 12th post:

You stated, “… and then there's the "bema" seat of Christ where justified believers are judged as stated in the first paragraph. The Great White Throne judgment found in Revelation 20:11 seems to imply that this judgment takes place neither on Earth or the atmospheric heaven, while the "bema" seat for believers most likely takes place on Earth while Christ is on the throne at the start of the millennium, and then the saints will reign with Him for a thousand years. According to the Greek concordance, the word (bema) means "speaker's place" and in usage it means the place of adjudication as in this passage where Paul is haled in front of the Roman governor at Corinth:

And when Gallio was the deputy of Achaia, the Jews made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the judgment seat, Saying, This fellow persuadeth men to worship God contrary to the law. And when Paul was now about to open his mouth, Gallio said unto the Jews, If it were a matter of wrong or wicked lewdness, O ye Jews, reason would that I should bear with you: But if it be a question of words and names, and of your law, look ye to it; for I will be no judge of such matters. And he drave them from the judgment seat. (bema). Acts 18:12-16

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. (Revelation 20:12)

You mentioned, “… while the "bema" seat for believers most likely takes place on Earth while Christ is on the throne at the start of the millennium, and then the saints will reign with Him for a thousand years...” The above statement that you asked in your January 12th post concerning the Judgment Seat of Christ was answered by Larkin in my last lesson, “The Judgments, Part 3,” on the, “Five types of Crowns.” If you look at the chart, the “Bema,” or “Judgment Seat of Christ,” takes place in the air at the time the Lord Jesus takes the church saints (called the Rapture). The Judgment you mentioned that takes place before the Millennium, Revelation 20:4-6, is for the Tribulation Saints and the Nations which helped the Jews during the 7-Year Tribulation period; Matthew 25:31-46

Note by Alan Concerning Matthew 25:31-46

Previously, I brought out that William Hendriksen believes concerning Revelation 20:11-15, “The books are opened: the records of the life of every person, Dan. 7:10. also the book of life, containing the names of all believers, is opened, Rev. 3:5;13:8. The dead are judged in accordance with their works, Matt. 25:31 ff.; Rom. 14:10; II Cor. 5:10.” I,and Larkin, have already shown that Hendriksen's usage of Romans 14:10 and 2 Corinthians 5;10 passages are in error. Hendriksen is also in error concerning Matthew 25:31. The words of Christ in Matthew 25:31-46 clearly are not, repeat not, the judgment that takes place in Revelation 20:11-15. Larkin will prove this assertion in a later lesson

Daniel, I appreciate your mentioning the “Bema” judgment seat, Acts 18:12-16, that Paul the Apostle was hauled into. Your comments are very appropriate. The Judgment Seat of Christ has been referred to as the “Bema” by Paul the Apostle (in the Greek), and that many Bible teachers bring out. As I previously stated,The Judgment Seat of Christ, or called the “Bema, will take place at the rapture of the church; they are one and the same.

Larkin had this comment, “After the Grecian games were all over the runners, wrestlers, and successful contestants assembled before the “Bema,” or Judges' stand, which was an elevated seat on which the Umpire sat, and the winners received a “corruptible crown” of “laurel leaves.” Some had no reward, they had lost the “Victors' Crown.” But while there was no reward there was no punishment, they were not cast out.”1

I do hope that our discussion is beneficial to all.

Alan

1 Larkin, Clarence The Spirit World, (Glenside, PA: Rev. Clarence Larkin Estate), 1921, page 150

• Members

Brethren,

I had previously commented on the Judgment on Matthew 25:31-46 and the Judgment in Revelation 20:4-6 in my Revelation Chapter 19-22 Study; page # 3. Here is the link to that study.

Alan

Edited by Alan

• Members

Hi Alan,

From studying the sciptures, I want to comment on the types of crowns. There are some bible teachers that teach that the Twenty Four Elders In Revelation 4:4 are either angels, or representing all of the redeemed. It cannot refer to angels because the elders are sitting on thrones to judge. Angels don't wear crowns or sit on thrones.There have been so many speculations (even from Biblical scholars) that have differing opinions on exactly who these Twenty Four Elders are or represent. I believe that they represent the Twenty Four patriarchs from the Old Testament, Beginning withe Adam (et al.,Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob), but I am not 100% certain about that.The Church has not even been resurrected (and so has not been rewarded) when the scenes in heaven take place where they are described. The elders are seen casting their crowns before the feet of God. Casting the crowns is a form of worship wherein they acknowledge the grace of God. It is God alone who gives us the strength and guidance that we need, and to do good works.

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. (Philippians 2:13)     

On martyrs crowns, that is actually an accomplishment (true martyrdom from the Lord that is), and I believe it is associated with the crown of life. There are three crowns of Christian reward, righteousness (for gaining spiritual maturity), life (for passing extreme testing -- such as martyrdom), and glory (for successful completion of ministry). 

Let me know if you find anything that is biblically incorrect so I can brush up on my knowledge of Word of God.

God Bless,

Daniel

• Members

Daniel,

Thank you for your thoughts on who the 24 elders represent as that is an interesting study. In this Overview of Larkin’s ‘The spirit World,’ Larkin does not comment on Revelation 4 But, since “crowns” are mentioned, I will be very brief in my answer in order not to get into many other subjects. I only want to give a few words to give you spiritual food for thought. Also, I had mentioned the 24 elders and the crowns, and the timing of the Judgment Seat of Christ is my lesson # 7, Revelation 19-22 Study. Here is the link to lesson 7: http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/topic/23115-revelation-chapter-19-22-study/?page=7

1. The Apostle John was a prophet with visions that came directly from God. As a prophet, Hosea 12:10 was directly applicable to him and to the saints in the church as John was a prophet to the church. Hosea 12:10 states, “I have spoken by the prophets, and I have multiplied visions, and used similitudes, by the ministry of the prophets.”

Here is a link to an excellent study on the word “signified” by Pastor Scott Markle.

http://www.onlinebaptist.com/home/topic/24324-the-book-of-revelation-the-verb-signified/?page=1

2. As God, the Lord Jesus, is using John as a similitude; John is a similitude, or a sign, or a type, to the church. “The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John.” Revelation 1:1 Very briefly stated, the word “signified” means a “sign.” Among other usages, God is using John as a “sign” to show us what God is going to do. In the case of the church, God is using John as a “sign,” or an, “example,” on how, and when, the coming of the Lord Jesus will take His church out of this world; what we call the “Rapture.” The coming of the Lord Jesus to take the church out of this world is the resurrection day for all of the living and dead saints when He comes.

3. In Revelation 4:1 God is clearly using John as a “sign” to show the church, when and how, the Lord Jesus “calls us up” “with a trumpet, to meet Him in the air as Paul the Apostle clearly states in 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18 “After this I looked, and behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were a trumpet talking to me; which said Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter.” Revelation 4:1

4. John is a sign, a type, of the church when the Lord Jesus calls us up with a trumpet. Right after the church age, John says, “hereafter.” The “hereafter” is a clear reference to the 7 churches in Revelation chapter 1-3.

5. The 24 elders in Revelation 4 & 5 already have their crowns; so, they were awarded those crowns before the events that John saw. Concerning a direct reference to the 24 elders and who they represent, Revelation 5:9 states, “And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation.” In my thoughts, this is a direct reference to the Gentiles, and not to the Jews in the Old Testament age, throughout the world in the church age that are saved after the crucifixion of Christ.

6. Therefore, in my thoughts, the 24 elders represent the saints in the church age throwing down their crowns won at the Judgment Seat of Christ at the feet of the Lord Jesus.

Alan

Edited by Alan
grammer

• Members

Chapter 19

The Judgments

Part 4

This lesson will be an overview on Larkin's Judgment NO. 3. The chart if found on page 146, called, “The Judgments,” in Larkin's book, “The Spirit World.” The chart for this lesson is found in the middle of the chart, called, “Judgment No. 3 The Jews.”I have already uploaded the chart in this overview. The chart is located on page 3 of this overview and the date uploaded was January 13, 2018.

Larkin has an important aspect of this judgment that is different from the other judgments that needs to be noticed. Instead of God the Father, or God the Son, judging the Jews in front of a throne, Larkin notes that it is the Antichrist judging the Jews on the earth.

Larkin states, “This Judgment is FUTURE. While the Church is being judged at the Judgment Seat of Christ in the air, the Jews will be judged under Antichrist on the earth. The Jews are and “earthly” people; and as all the promises to them are “earthly,”it follows that their Judgment must be of an “earthly” character.”i

Larkin stresses that their judgment is due to their rejection of:

• God the Father:1 Samuel 8:7

• God the Son: Luke 23:18

• God the Holy Spirit: Acts 7:51, 54-60

Larkin states, “For their sin they have been scattered among the nations until the “Times of the Gentiles” are fulfilled. When the “Times of the Gentiles” are about to end the Jews will be gathered back to the Holy Land “unconverted,” and caused to “pass under the rod. Ex 20:34-38. they will be cast into God's “Melting Pot” (Ez. 22:19-22), and pass through and experience spoken of by Jeremiah and Daniel as the “TIMES OF JACOB'S TROUBLE.” Jer. 30:4-7. Dan. 12:1. Christ calls it “The Great Tribulation,”and He and Zechariah the Prophet associate it with the “Return of the Lord.” Matt.24:21-31. Zech. 14:1-11.”ii

• Revelation 15:1, 5-8; 16:1-21

Larkin stresses that the result will be the conversion of the Jews as a nation.

• Zechariah 12:10, “And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn.”

• Isaiah 66:8, “Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such a things? Shall the earth be make to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children.”

i Larkin, Clarence The Spirit World, (Glenside, PA: Rev. Clarence Larkin Estate), 1921, page 152

iiLarkin, Clarence The Spirit World, (Glenside, PA: Rev. Clarence Larkin Estate), 1921, page 143