• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Intercessory Prayer

• Members

Prayer is a very important matter. Consider that Jesus, the very Son of God, was constantly in prayer. Look upon the many passages on the importance of prayer. One of the greatest things we can do for another is to lift them up before our Heavenly Father in prayer.

Why is it that our Prayer Request forum appears to be so little used? At quick look it would appear that very few people here take the time to pray for those who have posted requests.

I was just looking over that forum and noticed, looking at the first two pages, that the number of responses to most prayer requests were fewer than 10; many were far fewer than 10.

In the past some have said they pray but don't post anything. When we discussed this in another thread note was made of how important it can be for the ones requesting prayer to know that others are praying, and they can't know this if there is no response. How difficult is it to hit the reply button and type "praying" or to hit the reply button and simply click on the "praying" smilie?

As well, what testimony does the prayer forum show to those who might be visiting? Do we look like a group of caring, praying people or could we possibly look more like a group of people who doesn't take the time to pray for others and/or that maybe we just don't care?

I've been here long enough to know many of the members good enough that I know they care and they do pray. But what about those who don't know this? What about those who post a prayer request on a board of this size and only one or two people respond?

We are to bear one anothers burdens. One manner of doing this is to pay attention to their needs and to pray for them and to let them know we are praying for them.

I encourage everyone to visit the Prayer Request forum more often and if you pray for any, please let it be known by at least a simple response. There is great comfort in knowing others are praying for us.

Guest Guest
Prayer is a very important matter.

We are to bear one anothers burdens. One manner of doing this is to pay attention to their needs and to pray for them and to let them know we are praying for them.

:amen::goodpost: John. :frog

• Members

Honestly, I have quit listing prayer requests here because I'm not sure anyone reads them since no one responds. I've listed answers to prayer in the past that go uncommented on which has made me think no one cared to pray in the first place.

I'm not mad or anything because, well, this is internet and not reality.

Those people who are real in my life appreciate these things more than a bunch of anonymous people do.

• Members
Honestly, I have quit listing prayer requests here because I'm not sure anyone reads them since no one responds. I've listed answers to prayer in the past that go uncommented on which has made me think no one cared to pray in the first place.

I'm not mad or anything because, well, this is internet and not reality.

Those people who are real in my life appreciate these things more than a bunch of anonymous people do.

As brothers and sisters in Christ we should be concerned about one another whether we personally know each other or are separated by half the world. Scripture tells us Paul would pray for those he had never met as well as those he knew.

Prayer is so important and so powerful and something our Heavenly Father greatly desires, that I can't understand why the Prayer Request thread isn't one of the most active areas.

As well, we are to share in the joy of our brothers and sisters in Christ and we are to give God praise and glory for all good things. Why is the "Give God the Praise" forum even less used than the Prayer Request forum?

These are not as they should be among God's people.