• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Great signs and fearful sights in the heavens

• Members

There is no evidence that "planet x" exists. So, no. An unknown, unseen object is not a fearful sight, because we cannot see it.

When the fearful sights from Heaven come, there will be no question about it, the whole world would see it with their own eyes. <- my opinion.

• Members

I agree, perhaps these sights and signs will be something that has never been seen or heard of before. It is fearful and great and coming from Heaven of which is said "the eye hath not seen nor the ear heard, neither hath it entered into the heart of man, the things that God has prepared for them that love him.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

If the brethren want to know the scientific truth that debunks the Planet X theory; than listen to the following video by NASA scientist Dr. Morrison. Using a layman's terminology, Dr. Morrison explains why Planet X, Nibiru, or the Brown Star Theory hurtling towards Earth, are all hoax's.

• Members

In my opinion, Hal Lindsey, the Charismatics, started to perpetuate these hoaxes. Occasionally I do an internet search on these hoaxes and now just about every denomination has its share of false prophecies and unscientific wonders in the heavens that they perpetuate to get a crowd.

They, Lindsey, and  the charismatics, than other groups, saw that the amount of money and fame that was generated was huge. Hal Lindsey, the Charismatics, and even some fundamentalists, found some scripture verses that indicate a meteor, or planet, or nuclear explosion,  in the book of Revelation and Zechariah, and are using them as proof-tests.

Brethren, even if the Lord uses meteors, or a planet, or a nuclear blast, to destroy the earth the church should not use it to perpetuate hoaxes.  More than likely meteors do add to the destruction as portrayed in the book of Revelation and Zechariah, but, the current flock of Nibiru''s, Planet X, and the Brown Star Theory, and the current flock of prophecy teachers as Gill Broussard, are false teachers and are perpetuating hoaxes. Even an amateur astronomer knows that that Planet X, Nibriu, the Brown Dwarf Star theory, are unscientific.

All of the "fearful sights in heaven" mentioned in the scripture are a sign to the Jewish remnant in the Tribulation Period. None of the signs in the scripture is for the church.

Edited by Alan
deleted Jack Van Impe

• Members

About a month or so ago, the sky over much of Britain went dark and turned red.  People were fearful about what was happening.  Someone said to a friend "It was nice knowing you. "

The reason? One of the storms that came over from the US, picked up a lot or sand from a Sahara sand storm on the way and filled the atmosphere with sand.  It happens from time to time.  Sometimes in the past we have gone out to our car in the morning. and it has been covered with sand.

Edited by Invicta

• Members

I have to mention Hal Lindsey and John MacArthur. Some of their "teachings" are dangerous and can be damnable if believed. They believe that you can take the "mark" of the beast" and still be saved. These "preachers" need to retract what they said publicly, that's how much of a serious matter this is. What they fail to realize is that taking the mark gives you the ability to buy, sell, or trade; but it also entails worship towards the beast. And the Word of God explicitly says that the punishment for that is:

And the third angel followed them, saying with a loud voice, If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: (Revelation 14:9,10)

Similar to an execution (but more tormenting because there is no reprieve) where the one being executed is executed in the presence of the victim's family members and friends. It makes it more shameful and intense.

God Bless,

Daniel

• Members

Daniel,

Thanks for that.  I would agree with you but that if one repents of any sin he can be saved/  The same judgement will come on any who do not repent and have faith in Christ.  The only sin that cannot be forgiven is the sin or blasphemy against the Holy Spirit, rejecting His testimony of the Lord Jesus.

• Members

Hi Invicta,

I haven't read the Hal Lindsey book, but a fellow brethren who has told me that a character in the book unwillingly takes the mark, or forcibly takes the mark. I believe he was asleep. The problem with that is no one "forcibly" takes the mark of the beast unless this individual decides to take it with their free will. Sort of like, "Come one, come all...." I don't see a scenario where someone drags another person, or forcibly to where he HAS to take the mark. It would be like being a blood bought Child of God, you cannot lose your salvation. Those who take the mark take it because they adore and worship the beast (so repentance would be unlikely) who will come as a man of peace and having solution to the world's troubles. He will be idolized and promise to also solve all economic problems this world may have...et al, I do not believe that God will put anyone in a situation where they are forced to take the mark. I believe that God will give everyone the opportunity to "choose".

The "WORLD" will worship him as God, all who have the mark. There is no repentance. "In their hand or head" is usually an allusion to ownership. It can be both literal and figurative.

And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. (Revelation 22:4)

If any man worship the beast and his image, and receive his mark in his forehead, or in his hand, The same shall drink of the wine of the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture into the cup of his indignation; and he shall be tormented with fire and brimstone in the presence of the holy angels, and in the presence of the Lamb: (Revelation 14:9,10)

And they worshipped the dragon which gave power unto the beast: and they worshipped the beast, saying, Who is like unto the beast? who is able to make war with him? (Revelation 13:4)

God gives us free will to "choose" who we will serve. Those who take the mark choose to serve the beast and worship him. Even Calvinism (which I believe has errors, along with Armininanism) both teach free will. Calvinists believe that we have free will to choose, just that our will isn't free. Either way, we must choose who we want to worship. Worship comes from two words, "Worthy" and "Ship" or "Worth" "Ship". ONLY God gave us the breath of life, to experience the beauty of it, even in the midst of hardship and trials...those are adventures. Our life here is a phase. He Who created us and gave us the ability to experience the endless wonders of what lies ahead in the Eternal State. That alone shows us why He is to worshipped. I have a habit of going off on a tangent, so my apologies for changing the topic from Great signs ("signs" literally means miracles in the Greek, which the beast will do impress the lost), to the Mark of the beast, and unto Worship. Oh well...Interesting thread nonetheless. If anyone feels that I've made a doctrinal error, please feel free to correct me using scripture. I can honestly say that I welcome being corrected if it can be shown irrefutably, that's how we all learn...from our mistakes. I've noticed on other forums, even if you show them the truth with scripture, their dyed in the wool in their false teachings, and regardless of what you write to refute them, they're sticking to it.

God Bless,

Daniel

• Members

The historicist teaching which I follow, believe, come of them anyway, that the mark of the beast is the Catholic sign of the cross given by the right hand on the forehead at 'baptism' and repeated every time they 'cross' themselves.  In the dark ages, no one who did not have this mark could buy and sell. Even in modern Italy, Baptist pastors say their members are sacked from their jobs and evicted from their houses, unless they return to the mother church.''

On 09/08/2017 at 4:02 AM, Rebecca said:

There is no evidence that "planet x" exists. So, no. An unknown, unseen object is not a fearful sight, because we cannot see it.

When the fearful sights from Heaven come, there will be no question about it, the whole world would see it with their own eyes. <- my opinion.

How an it be a fearful sight if no one can see it?

• Members

I wouldn't doubt it...the sign of the RCC Cross. But the point is that only those who "worship" the Beast and the False Prophet will do it. Obviously an unbeliever who isn't a Catholic isn't going to do that. I forgot to mention that a friend of mine told me that the title of the "vicar of Christ" on the Pope equals 3 6's. And Vicar means God's representative here, and is tantamount to claim to be equal with God, who is Christ.

Edited by (Omega)
Mark

• Members
22 minutes ago, (Omega) said:

I wouldn't doubt it...the sign of the RCC Cross. But the point is that only those who "worship" the Beast and the False Prophet will do it. Obviously an unbeliever who isn't a Catholic isn't going to do that. I forgot to mention that a friend of mine told me that the title of the "vicar of Christ" on the Pope equals 3 6's. And Vicar means God's representative here, and is tantamount to claim to be equal with God, who is Christ.

Same as Vice Christ,  Anti Christ means the same.  Someone in the place of Christ.