• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Way of Life:Church Members Trying to Warn Sleeping Pastors

• Members
Church Members Trying to Warn Sleeping Pastors
I don’t like barking dogs, personally, but I do like a good guard dog. We have one of those. He is big and strong and bold enough to get the job done, and we haven’t been robbed again since we got him. Therefore I have learned to endure some barking and not always convenient barking! If any danger is around on some dark night, I want that old boy to bark away.
What is far more important and valuable is a good spiritual watch dog. In Isaiah’s day, the watchmen were described by God as “dumb dogs, they cannot bark; sleeping, lying down, loving to slumber.”
This reminds me of a whole bunch of independent Baptist preachers today who used to be in the battle and who used to be zealous to protect their people from spiritual danger and error, but who are getting old and soft and are in a semi-retirement mode and are letting... Read More

View the full article