• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Why is Steven Anderson hated?

• Members
18 hours ago, Shawn Barnish said:

Steven Anderson uses profanity?
You sound like you been listening to Bryan Dillinger too much!

I suggest you take a deep breathe and reread the post you quoted. As you will see I said his FOLLOWERS use profanity. I typically see this on YouTube. That being said Anderson often says things that should never come out of a Christian's mouth. Also, Dillinger denies the Trinity so I'm not fan of him.

• Members
22 hours ago, Joshua Agan said:

Are all of these bible words? Is this how Jesus approached sinners?

When someone posted this video on Facebook, Anderson himself commented "I hate them even more than that video can express."

Love thy neighbor

Love thy enemy

Jesus directly commanded "Love others even as I have loved you." So who are we COMMANDED to hate? And who do not fall under these categories to love?

Anderson is a deceiver.

That's not profanity.

Those "f words" are proper when speaking about such dogs.
Sodomites are reprobate. I'm about 50 yrs old and have yet to EVER see one Sodomite get saved.
There are a bunch of fake Christian sodomites however. They are setting up church everywhere so they can take over Christianity.
Maybe you are one of them.

AmeriKa needs a whole lot more bold preachers just like Steven Anderson.

And thank God there are about 6 more that have started churches over the last few years and DOZENS more are coming up.
While these true Bible preachers rise up for a real revival in AmeriKa, you keyboard warriors will still just be keyboard warriors.
Half of you just stay home instead of going to church and the other half of you go and get your ears tickled by Joyce Meyers or Joel Osteen.

• Members
22 hours ago, Shawn Barnish said:

That's not profanity.

Those "f words" are proper when speaking about such dogs.
Sodomites are reprobate. I'm about 50 yrs old and have yet to EVER see one Sodomite get saved.
There are a bunch of fake Christian sodomites however. They are setting up church everywhere so they can take over Christianity.
Maybe you are one of them.

AmeriKa needs a whole lot more bold preachers just like Steven Anderson.

And thank God there are about 6 more that have started churches over the last few years and DOZENS more are coming up.
While these true Bible preachers rise up for a real revival in AmeriKa, you keyboard warriors will still just be keyboard warriors.
Half of you just stay home instead of going to church and the other half of you go and get your ears tickled by Joyce Meyers or Joel Osteen.

Bold accusations considering you do not know the first thing about many of us. Or should that be ANY of us?

It is exactly this kind of unfounded and unjustified accusation that comes not from one who knows the Lord and His doctrine.

1Jn 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 

Your unfounded and false attack identifies you as doubtful of being His disciple:

Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Edited by DaveW
Phone spelling

• Members
2 minutes ago, DaveW said:

Bold accusations considering tou do not the first thing about many of us. Or should that be ANY of us?

It is exactly this kind of unfounded and unjustified accusation that comes not from one who knows the Lord and His doctrine.

1Jn 4:11 Beloved, if God so loved us, we ought also to love one another. 

Your unfounded and false attack identifies you as doubtful of being His disciple:

Joh 13:35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Yeah I should have been more specific. The original post by Matthew 24 was good and I'm sure that many followers here are good.
But some of YOU (aimed more specifically) seem to be Sodomite sympathizers at the very least.
That's why you get triggered like a snowflake by some bold preaching.

BTW, you can go back just 20 yrs and find a lot of IFB pastors talking just like Anderson.

Go search Mark Turner sermon "Be Instance".

Here is a sample of that. This is old school Baptist preaching.
http://godgunsgutsglory.com/blog/?p=66

Edited by Shawn Barnish

• Members
54 minutes ago, Shawn Barnish said:

Yeah I should have been more specific. The original post by Matthew 24 was good and I'm sure that many followers here are good.
But some of YOU (aimed more specifically) seem to be Sodomite sympathizers at the very least.
That's why you get triggered like a snowflake by some bold preaching.

BTW, you can go back just 20 yrs and find a lot of IFB pastors talking just like Anderson.

Go search Mark Turner sermon "Be Instance".

Here is a sample of that. This is old school Baptist preaching.
http://godgunsgutsglory.com/blog/?p=66

So are you saying that all of this excuses that earlier list of Anderson's sins?

why does he get to "call out" other good men of God for bull butter accusations, and then people complain when he isn't well liked. Then you have the hilarious delusion that it is because we cannot handle bold preaching.

thats the kind of logic I expect from a liberal democrat. Let's attack, and then play victim when they don't like what we do. Then we will play the race card when we blame them.

?

• Members
1 minute ago, Joshua Agan said:

So are you saying that all of this excuses that earlier list of Anderson's sins?

why does he get to "call out" other good men of God for bull butter accusations, and then people complain when he isn't well liked. Then you have the hilarious delusion that it is because we cannot handle bold preaching.

thats the kind of logic I expect from a liberal democrat. Let's attack, and then play victim when they don't like what we do. Then we will play the race card when we blame them.

?

"List of sins". HA HA HA!
Uh those heretics need to be called out.
Just admit. You are butthurt (likely literally) because he rightly rebukes Sodomy.

Speaking of dogs. I suppose you wouldn't like this place being rebuked either?

Edited by Shawn Barnish

• Members
6 minutes ago, Shawn Barnish said:

"List of sins". HA HA HA!
Uh those heretics need to be called out.
Just admit. You are butthurt (likely literally) because he rightly rebukes Sodomy.

Speaking of dogs. I suppose you wouldn't like this place being rebuked either?

So my liberal comparison was more accurate than I first thought. Rather than actually address the proof that Anderson is a deceiver, you just laugh it off, redirect attention, and then toss a couple of insults for good measure.

lovely.

• Members

There have always been roughhouse preachers, but that doesn't and never has made them Godly.

There is a difference between bold and strong preaching of the Word of God, and hateful, spiteful calling of curses upon sinners who need to be saved.

Let's look at the Lord's attitude to this sort of preaching:

Luke 9

53  And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

54  And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55  But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56  For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.And they went to another village.

That pretty much says it all - Jesus was not soft on sin, but right here you can see what He thought of preaching destruction on sinners.

• Members
1 minute ago, DaveW said:

There have always been roughhouse preachers, but that doesn't and never has made them Godly.

There is a difference between bold and strong preaching of the Word of God, and hateful, spiteful calling of curses upon sinners who need to be saved.

Let's look at the Lord's attitude to this sort of preaching:

Luke 9

53  And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem.

54  And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did?

55  But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

56  For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them.And they went to another village.

That pretty much says it all - Jesus was not soft on sin, but right here you can see what He thought of preaching destruction on sinners.

Amen!

I often tell people, "No man stood more strongly against sin than Jesus Christ, who died to overcome it. Yet thieves and prostitutes found compassion and grace at His feet."

Nevertheless, Anderson followers are incapable of showing God's love to certain sinners, and they often get just as nasty and vitriolic to brethren, too. That's a huge red flag, if ever I saw one.

God is not willing that ANY should perish, but that all should come to repentance. That's Bible.

Sp what does that tell us about Anderson who has made a name for himself by openly WANTING more people to have entered hell on the night of the club shooting, and appears to rail against any mention of repentance from a pulpit?

Does he have the SAME desire as God, or the OPPOSITE?

so why do people follow him?

• Members

From 1st Timothy, Chapter 3:

1 This is a true saying, If a man desire the office of a bishop, he desireth a good work.
2 A bishop then must be blameless, the husband of one wife, vigilant, sober, of good behaviour, given to hospitality, apt to teach;
3 Not given to wine, no striker, not greedy of filthy lucre; but patient, not a brawler, not covetous;
4 One that ruleth well his own house, having his children in subjection with all gravity;
5 (For if a man know not how to rule his own house, how shall he take care of the church of God?)
6 Not a novice, lest being lifted up with pride he fall into the condemnation of the devil.
7 Moreover he must have a good report of them which are without; lest he fall into reproach and the snare of the devil.

This is one of the measures for judging Anderson's fitness to be a pastor.  How does he measure up folks?

Mr. Barnish, there was a time when I too liked the brashness of men like these, even Anderson.  But the Spirit directed me back to the scriptures (Jesus) and showed me the measure of a pastor.  That being said, shouldn't you and I also be like this?