• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

Offline King James Bible Search - July Update

• Members

Free, open source Offline KJV Bible Search application.

New features:

* Choose from twelve available fonts
* Copy verse to system clipboard (unfortunately, not supported by iOS)
* Improved Bookmark, Search, and Clipboard highlighting
* Application state retained through restart/refresh
* Other minor improvements

Download for Android, Windows, and Linux: offline-kjv

Download for iOS (and macOS): offline-kjv-ios

I welcome your comments and suggestions...

God Bless,

Clayton

• Members

Great additions Clayton! I really appreciate the additional font choices (using Roboto Slab).

The "copy to clipboard" feature is extremely helpful too.

The ability to retain the state...that's just absolutely fantastic! :)

Your work is greatly appreciated! Thank you!

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Clayton, thank you for all your hard work on this.

As this is called Offline KJV, i assume that one can download it to your PC, is that correct or does it only work online.  I can't see anywhere to download it, except for the current page.

Thanks,

David

• Members
4 hours ago, Invicta said:

Clayton, thank you for all your hard work on this.

As this is called Offline KJV, i assume that one can download it to your PC, is that correct or does it only work online.  I can't see anywhere to download it, except for the current page.

Thanks,

David

The offline-kjv works within your web browser. However, it's fully functional whether your computer is connected to the internet or not. The suggested browsers to use are Firefox or Chrome.

Just click the link that he gave in his opening post, and it will open the offline-kjv in your browser. Then just bookmark it so that it will always be easily available. 

If you use Chrome, you can also make a "site specific" window of any website. That will make it open in its own window and appear as a native application on your computer...with it's own entry in the menu and desktop shortcut. :)

• Members
2 hours ago, No Nicolaitans said:

The offline-kjv works within your web browser. However, it's fully functional whether your computer is connected to the internet or not. The suggested browsers to use are Firefox or Chrome.

Just click the link that he gave in his opening post, and it will open the offline-kjv in your browser. Then just bookmark it so that it will always be easily available. 

If you use Chrome, you can also make a "site specific" window of any website. That will make it open in its own window and appear as a native application on your computer...with it's own entry in the menu and desktop shortcut. :)

Thank you I am using Firefox at present