• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

What does everybody on here look like?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators
I didn't even know preachers played golf until I went to college. :lol:

When training a dog you keep the sessions short; the reason is, after he fetches an item just so many times - he'll bring it part way, lay down with it between his paws, and look @ it like "if I bring it to you, you'll just throw it again". But to hit a ball, in order to chase it, to hit it away again, to chase it, etc for 1/2 a day???? No thanks. Then to pay for the privilege???????????????????????

In baseball they throw a ball @ you @ 65-95mph from 60' away, that ball curves or drops or rises and everbody is yelling @ you while you try to hit it. In golf - everybody shut up while he tries to hit a ball that's right @ his feet -- and ain't even movin'????????????? :loco :smile :smile

Yes, I've tried golf, I can appreciate the difficulty in it ---- BUT, I'd rather be hunting or showing the teens that this old man ain't dead yet :smile (although, I have to admit - it's resulted in me having a broken ankle and a chipped elbow in the last 5 years. One from football, the other wrestling. Oh well, such is life)

• Members

Since the subject of pool came up, I feel like mentioning this even though it may be off topic.

I've played a little bit of miniature pool. But never played the other kind. I don't fit in to well with the Country Club people. No way I could be a member and support that place with all the dirking of intoxicating beverages they serve and drink constantly at that place.

Besides that, I don't care about hanging out with people who drink that stuff, I do not have one single thing in common with them.

I know some church members around this part of the country, deacons even, who support the Country Club with their money and their presences. They seem to enjoy having out there and joining in with the drinking and see not one thing wrong with it.