Online Baptist Community

Plenty of Good IFB Churches, Men & Ministries

• Administrators

If you do decide to continue in this direction I would submit as an example, some of the former and perhaps present  members of this message board that have been called out for their false teaching. These are what I would call "Internet Theologians."

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

Jim Alaska,

We will continue in the direction that you suggested.

As some of the brethren were members before I came on board, these members can bring up previous individuals who were false teachers using the internet (specifically Online Baptist in this scenario), if they so desire.

Alan

Brethren,

I do not want this thread to be a continuation for, what I consider, the false teachings of some of the brethren here on OnLine Baptist. Nor, do I want an opponent to take over this thread in an effort to have it locked. In other discussions my opponent deliberately asked foolish questions, repeating question after question, in an effort to get me irritated, confused, have the blame for the contention placed on me in an attempt to have the thread locked.

So, if a contention arises on what is said, I would like to set a couple of Guide Lines on how to proceed.

Guide Lines

1. If there is a different thread on the subject mentioned, that a link will be provided and the discussion on the teaching in question may be continued on the other thread. I do not want the discussion to be continued on this thread.

2. We will take the biblical admonition of Paul the Apostle in Titus 3: 9 - 10, "But avoid foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and strivings about the law; for they are unprofitable and vain. A man that is an heretic after the first and second admonition reject; Knowing that he that is such is subverted and sinneth, being condemned of himself."  After two admonitions, by either a link to the other thread, or an admonition by me or a moderator, to stop, I will ask the person in question to leave. It seems to me that some of the brethren want to contend continuously. I want the contention stopped.

3. As I mentioned previously, this is a study in progress. I reserve the right to add future guide lines.

4. I would like to be able to ask a person to leave this thread. This point will have to be permitted by the moderators.

Any other thoughts?

Alan

Brethren,

For the time being, I have decided to not proceed with this subject and am considering this thread closed.

If someone wants to take the above guidelines, and modify them, or not have any at all, and proceed with the study on internet theologians on your own thread, than you have my blessings.

Regards,

Alan

• Members

To put me in the class of "Internet Theologian" is an uncalled for attack on my character. 

I was ordained into the Gospel Ministry long before I ever got on the internet.  I am not affiliated with Stephen Sorensen, nor do I know him.

That which I teach, I support with the word of God 100%.  I've yet to see anyone disprove what I teach.  Pastor Scott Markle agreed to a debate a couple years back,, but then backed out. 

None have been able to disprove my teachings in the last decade on this Forum.  Since you can't prove me wrong, Alan, then you shouldn't be placing me in the same category of false teachers. 

I've been IFB for nearly thirty years.  I am quite sure I will remain IFB until I die or the Lord returns... whichever happens first.  That's the thing about the "I" in IFB... it means "Independent."  Teachings of IFB Pastors won't agree.  There are IFB Calvinist's.  There are IFB that are not Calvinist's.  There are IFB that agree and disagree on many doctrines... facts be known.

But one thing I am not, is a false preacher.  Nor am a in "internet theologian." I receive the doctrines that I teach directly from my KJV Bible.  No twisting of the Scripture, no manipulation of the biblical text. 

So please... lay off the accusations.

19 minutes ago, this guy said:

To put me in the class of "Internet Theologian" is an uncalled for attack on my character. 

I was ordained into the Gospel Ministry long before I ever got on the internet.  I am not affiliated with Stephen Sorensen, nor do I know him.

That which I teach, I support with the word of God 100%.  I've yet to see anyone disprove what I teach.  Pastor Scott Markle agreed to a debate a couple years back,, but then backed out. 

None have been able to disprove my teachings in the last decade on this Forum.  Since you can't prove me wrong, Alan, then you shouldn't be placing me in the same category of false teachers. 

I've been IFB for nearly thirty years.  I am quite sure I will remain IFB until I die or the Lord returns... whichever happens first.  That's the thing about the "I" in IFB... it means "Independent."  Teachings of IFB Pastors won't agree.  There are IFB Calvinist's.  There are IFB that are not Calvinist's.  There are IFB that agree and disagree on many doctrines... facts be known.

But one thing I am not, is a false preacher.  Nor am a in "internet theologian." I receive the doctrines that I teach directly from my KJV Bible.  No twisting of the Scripture, no manipulation of the biblical text. 

So please... lay of the accusations.

I'm struggling here - where has he named you for you to open up on him like this?

Seems to me you are reacting specifically to generalised comments......

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Standing Firm In Christ said:

Actually, he did name me.  read his subsequent posts. 

I went back and read every post in this thread. I see nowhere that Alan names you bro. Robey. I does seem like you are taking personal offense when none was directed at you.

• Members
1 hour ago, Jim_Alaska said:

I went back and read every post in this thread. I see nowhere that Alan names you bro. Robey. I does seem like you are taking personal offense when none was directed at you.

Please go back and search the previous page for "sfic".  (the initials for my screen name)

On 7/28/2017 at 8:50 AM, Alan said:

Jim Alaska,

I agree with everything that you said. When I first came on OnLine Baptist I thought, and still do think, that an internet theologian is a "know it all, "always right person." 2 Peter 2:10 says, "self-willed." These internet theologians despise IFB doctrine and will argue their erroneous teaching to the end of time; they are false teachers.

As you stated, and I agree, it seems now these false teachers are taking their nefarious ways a step further; they are creating their own websites, forums, blogs, etc..., in an effort to promote themselves and try to destroy every good pastor and church in the process.

One of the reasons why I am proceeding cautiously is that these internet theologians are spending hours each day promoting their teachings in forums, blogs, youtube videos that it is hard to keep abreast of what they are doing. Therefore, it is hard to sort through the mire of theological junk they are spewing out.

If you care to sift through the teachings  of Steve Sorenson (Sorenson is a false teacher, anti-KJV, Southern Baptist), you will find the same teachings and  false representations on Abraham and Melchizedek, and the issue of tithing, that SFIC, teaches.

These teachers are going from forum to forum teaching their pet beliefs and agendas. When you disagree with them, you are called Pharisaical, legalistic,  a cultist,  abusive, and a few other judgmental adjectives.

One thing that is common among them is that they are out to destroy traditional IFB beliefs, practices, and the local church by mis-representation, half-truths, using fallen men in the IFB ministry, etc...

Alan

Jim_Alaska....

Here's Alan's quote with the accusation against SFIC (which is the nickname for Ron Robey).  I bolded the short paragraph where it is located in the post, which is addressed to you.   SFIC does not go from forum to forum teaching any false "pet" beliefs.

Actually, there are a number of sites and different fora (facebook etc) where he pops up teaching his pet issue.

And you can hardly say it is not his pet issue - he almost exclusively posts on that issue here - hardly anything else.

He has written book after book about that issue.

And the claim that nobody has ever shown anything wrong with his points is false - he simply refuses to talk and discuss, instead just telling everybody else they are wrong.

And no, I won't give examples, for the simple reason that he - and you  - simply attack and ridicule  anyone who opposes.

There is no chance for any constructive discussion about the tithe because your attitude will not allow such discussion.

• Members

The ONLY sites that I have posted on in the last several months are Facebook, Twitter, my Forum, and my blog.   The Twitter posts are automatic from my blog.

I haven't been on any other sites in several months.  So, I don't keep "popping up on several sites".

As to my books, I have written only four on the subject.  I also have a fifth book on Grace.  These are all over a five year period.

edited to add:  Forgot about a sixth book I wrote.  A book of poetry and songs that I wrote in 2010.  

A simple search on your name brings up NOTHING  but tithe posts - "last several months" is an interesting qualifier - I didn't check dates, but assuming you are telling the truth, it is obviously only true of "the last srveral months", for there were a couple of different fora where someone posts the exact same arguments with the exact same attitude and tone you post with. Two or more pages of posts that reference you and tithing on Google - I didn't go any further than that.

And of course it isn't your pet issue - 4 out of 5 books - surely a poetry book doesn't count - and pretty much every post here......

And two pages of Google search.....

Nah, not a pet issue............

And considering these facts, with a presence on line like that, and all about a single issue, I personally think the title fits just fine.

• Members

Actually, the book of poetry is recognized as a book.  It even has an ISBN number.

The only writing on the subject that I have done over the last several months has been on Facebook, my blog, which automatically assigns it to my Twitter account; and to my Forum. 

That's it.  I haven't been on other Forums in several months, (was even keeping silent on this one for a good amount of time)  If any of my recent posts are showing up in other Forums, it is because someone else has been posting them.  If others are using them, I don't mind.  It means the truth is being spread.

• Lady Administrators

Ok. 

#1 - the quote which was bolded does not attack SFIC. It simply states that Sorenson and SFIC teach the same thing on tithing. It is an assumption that Alan is then lumping SFIC into the next paragraph of "these teachers." 

#2 - SFIC, you did indeed state on a blog/forum, back when Ach was banned, that you were simply waiting to be allowed to debate tithing in the debate forum and then you would not be back on OB. That debate has never happened (and won't simply because we all know what you believe and teach because it has been repeated oft), but it seems that the only time you appear on the forum is when tithing is mentioned. That is your choice, of course, as it is the choice of the other 2 members who only appear at that time as well.

#3 - Alan's last post made it clear that he considered the thread closed. @Alan, as the creator of the thread, you can lock it whenever you feel it has run its course. I agree with PastorJ. It's time to lock this thread.

Archived