The beauty of creation

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I am posting this in The Beauty of Creation thread because it has to do with The Beauty of Creation, but it requires more than just a picture. It also needs to be explained in detail so that readers w

I enjoy taking photos of nature, whether scenery, insects, plants, animals, etc. I wanted to start a thread where anybody who wants can share a photo they took of something in nature.   Psal

This is a monolith called "Wave Rock" about 500km east of Perth in the middle of nowhere.

Posted Images

• Independent Fundamental Baptist

My church group went up into the mountains yesterday for a time of relaxation and fellowship. It was very enjoyable, although the road leading up into the mountain was a bit heart stopping! haha! The locals didn't want me to drive my car up past a certain point (their reason was funny - boars attack small cars! the real reason was my car was too low to the ground and would bottom out) so I had to pile into the pastors suv with his family the rest of the way up. Once on top of the mountain, the views were spectacular, my photos don't do it justice.

view from the top

mountains.thumb.jpg.abeb5e71502c6b27e31fa2cc422dd6e0.jpg

mountain stream

410785673_mountainstream2.thumb.jpg.7ae177ae93add936682b7d2f292c461e.jpg

freshwater crabs were in abundance

1221311621_mountaincrab.thumb.jpg.e90b82336bbc986f0968b08ad96dac9b.jpg

beautiful dragonflies

1804221511_mountaindragonfly.thumb.jpg.255277924f7f5ae12ef161fef8353aec.jpg

the road leading to the river. the road leading up the mountain was similar, only paved. 

845851875_mountainroad.thumb.jpg.e188b10972e568f1482664fc59aa06df.jpg

1158640151_brownorchids.thumb.jpg.37ee1ba64cf123ffc530b276f5b685b8.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On the extreme southern end of Taiwan there is a Kenting National Park and several other parks and scenic areas that a lot of people like to visit due to the beauty of the area. Along the southern coast is "Sail Rock."https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sail_Rock_(Taiwan)

Due to the unique shape of the rock, especially the long 'nose' sticking out, the silhouette reminds the American community of President Richard Nixon. So, may I present unto you:

"Nixon's Rock"

51038675_NixonsRock.thumb.jpg.afd550d3c5663886581d04daa6f7ed23.jpgPhoto by Alan 

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

No thanks BroMatt. I experienced it sixty years ago when living in Hartford, I imagine it is a magnitude worse now.

Yea, I live in Hartford county and I can get to Hartford in about 20 minutes.....Let me tell you, it is much worse now. Please be praying for the city of Hartford as their is no Bible believing church in the city. A city of 125,000 (people keep moving out in droves) and no good church.

Smog is an unfortunate side effect of most large cities. I am beyond thankful that I live in a smaller sized city and for the most part the air is clean and I can see the stars at night. Once in awhile we have visitors from the larger cities on the other side of the island and one thing they always comment on, is that they can see the stars at night. 

Unfortunately I don't have a camera that can take night time or starry night pictures, so here's a photo of the beautiful scenery I get to see when traveling from one city to another, if I choose to drive. If you look closely, you can see the road. IMG_20200617_101205.thumb.jpg.1328497b88c7393c311b83baf471454f.jpg

• Administrators

My Chinese friend Wu Cheng suffered from respiratory problems. Most of the time he could control it through some sort of meditation he developed himself. But there were times when he was in Alaska that it overcame him and I hauled him into the ER where they were able to get the attack to subside. Unfortunately when his Visa ran out and he had to return to Beijing the smog there was his undoing. Within two weeks of his return he was found dead in his apartment by one of his students.

I still, after twenty years feel his loss very deeply, while at the same time rejoicing that in the  time I had with him I got to see a genuine salvation experience. One day we will meet again in  glory.

Below is a picture of Cheng and I at a church potluck. 

Cheng.JPG