• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The beauty of creation

• Members

My wife, Sherry, found this nest of Bulbul 烏頭翁 birds in our backyard in Taiwan. The Bulbul is a common bird in our area. We see them every day, they are somewhat small,  their song is very distinct and beautiful to listen too.

Just an encouraging word to all of my friends from the world of nature as an example of the loving care of our heavenly Father.

"I am the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt,: open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it." Psalm 81:10

1486201116_BirdstwobabyMouths.thumb.JPG.08eebb1db1746b617b253f4b54ad57ab.JPG

Photo by Sherry

Tai Tung, Taiwan

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Styan's_bulbul

• Members

Just thought I would show you the "Kangaroo Paw" in front of our house.

A bit hard to tell, but that shade overhead is about 7', and the plant is right up to it.

The second photo shows why it is named that.

By the way, sorry about the lawn out front - I am trying to green it, but we are in drought now. Today is a cooler change, so only in the mid 30's -well into the 90's F, but we have had a fair string of days above 30 and into the early 40's. Not the hottest part of summer yet.....??

20191225_121133.jpg

20191225_121146.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm going to change it up and show an ugly creation: the Black sea cucumber/Black tarzan (both names are common). I at first thought this creature was a piece of garbage floating around in the shallow tide pool, but on closer inspection, it turned out to be a creature that is very ugly. However, when I looked closely at its head, it was interesting how the tendrils flowed out and around in search of food. The video quality isn't very good and my dog is splashing around, but you can see it moving its tendrils in search of food.

• Members

Hermit crabs are an interesting critter. They use the empty shells of other critters for their protection since they don't grow their own shells. Usually when they outgrow the shell they are in they have to go in search of an empty shell large enough to fit them, and if another Hermit crab is nearby that also needs to upgrade they will wait in line to take the hand-me-down shell. I thought I was witnessing that when I saw these three Hermit crabs surrounding a larger shell. However, it turns out that there was a fourth crab inside the large shell! Two crabs were trying to evict the one in the large shell while the smallest was just waiting for the winner to leave its shell so it could take it over. I wasn't able to stay to the end of the fight to see the outcome, unfortunately. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • Members

Spring is here, flowers are blooming, and fruit is starting to grow on the trees. Genesis 8:22 -" While the earth remaineth, seedtime and harvest, and cold and heat, and summer and winter, and day and night shall not cease."

IMG_20200411_171439.thumb.jpg.951dab6ce880d72370a77584458aab1f.jpg

Avocado flowers, fruit is starting to appear. 

IMG_20200430_162434.thumb.jpg.0c0b9bdc660d222a69887fa4d4f96d02.jpg 

IMG_20200430_162649.thumb.jpg.a202774bc0a603b58e52d02ed3c16758.jpg

The flowers from this tree are hard to get decent pictures of because the colors are so vibrant, my phone wouldn't focus properly for a really long time!

IMG_20200430_163912.thumb.jpg.73fdd1fb43405b2fa5d8b1f3bea74967.jpg

• 2 weeks later...