• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The beauty of creation

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Sorry I haven't posted in this thread in so long. My computer has been having issues lately. I'm going to try to post a picture from my phone. 

I recently moved, and this is down the street from my house, where I walk my dog. The sunsets are very beautiful.

IMG_20180728_182754.thumb.jpg.69dfdbd683d1a93fe1308bcf16582827.jpg

IMG_20180728_182746.thumb.jpg.88d977e295ef8a62caa727da9229240f.jpg

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Alan said:

Jim,

Hmmm? I wonder that if you uploaded a photo of your Coastal Blacktail deer our Whitetail does may be interested. 

Rebecca,

Keep those photos coming. 

Alan 

Sorry Alan, I don't have a picture pf them. I'll try to get my wife to take one, she is the camera and smart phone person. I can't even hold one of those crazy phones without messing everything up.

The pictures posted above by Rebecca are wonderful.I am sure they are even more stunning in full sunlight.

What is the location of the pictures?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

In south east Missouri, in Mark Twain National Forest, near Highway 60 next to the small town of Van Buren, lies 'Big Spring.'

'Big Spring' is one of three largest natural springs in America.

'Big Spring,' depending on the day, has an average of 285 million gallons of water rushing through the bottom of the spring, through an underground cavern in the mountain that it flows under. The drive to the Big Spring area is scenic and the park area itself is scenic.

Big Spring

Mark Twain National Forest

Van Buren, Missouri

https://www.nps.gov/ozar/planyourvisit/big-spring.htm

829812498_BigSpring-Caves.thumb.JPG.493cf90cdb9a29ba762570c9ebf3673f.JPG

Photo by Alan

The river that Big Springs creates

734832093_BigSpring-grass2.thumb.JPG.b9fa6df0cf9e477dc6124e5569908198.JPG

Photo by Alan

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

These are some remarkable photos. I'm sure we've all heard Atheists complain about how they do NOT see artistic beauty in Creation. Oh really? Then why is is that some of the BEST artists in the world have a knack for drawing pictures of mountains, trees, rivers, etc.? 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I've heard a very popular and well respected bible teacher and Pastor make the claim that there is NO water, animals, blood or flowers in the Eternal State. I could not follow the logic of his response to someone who had asked him a question about eternity. What does the bible say?

And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the WATER OF LIFE freely.  (Revelation 21:6)

The Greek word for "water" here is the same as the word for "water" in Greek everywhere else.  Is this the best water ever? Indeed!  It is the "water of life".  But saying it's not water is not something justified by any orthodox canon of interpretation. No animals in eternity?  Scripture doesn't say that -- anywhere. We know they have spirits.  We know that in the case of human beings and angels, no spirit ever goes out of existence.  Even the rebellious ones are preserved (albeit in the lake of fire).  I would argue that all animals are going to be somewhere in the new heavens and the new earth -- they did not have free will and so are not liable to the penalty of the lake of fire for rejecting the Gift of Jesus Christ.

No flowers?  The tree of life bears twelve types of fruit continually.  Fruit, in the experience God has given us by the way He has created things, is always preceded by flowering. That argues for flowers on the tree of life (which does have leaves), and if so, why would God not have flowers in eternity? We can't say for certain; but saying "NO" is definitely not authorized by scripture and runs against the evidence directly. No blood?  Perhaps. Our Lord told the disciples that He was not a "spirit" because a "spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me have" (Lk. 24:39).  So in other respects the resurrection body is like the old one -- only much better by far.

I would also contend that we can fly and move through walls. Our Lord did the latter and was able to move to the third heaven and from place to place instantly; our body will be like His. There is a GREAT deal about what is coming that we do not know and cannot say for sure. We are given enough to know that it will be wonderful beyond imagination; For now we see through a glass, darkly" (1 Cor. 13:12), that our motivation in this life to do what God wants us to do is not unfairly overwhelmed by thoughts of eternity. But we do know that there is much to learn and that it will be amazing. But as it is written:

But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. (1 Corinthians 2:9) 

God Bless!

• Members
On 9/23/2017 at 12:09 AM, OLD fashioned preacher said:

Back to NW Kansas

Misc 078.jpg

Nice.  Is that a GMO (God made organism) sunflower on the left?  It look like the sunflowers know something that one doesn't since they are all facing the other direction. 

Turn your eyes upon Jesus, and follow the Sun of Righteousness ...  ?