• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The beauty of creation

• Moderators
2 hours ago, WellWithMySoul said:

I have a little Canon 25x Digital camera that I use.  After I get pictures downloaded to the computer, I edit them a tad to try to enhance the colors...but that's all.  

Okay, photo editing, I not just a dinosaur but an old-school dino. I was thinking in terms of darkroom techniques I used with my Canon AE-1 (which I sold - with all accessories) to a young lady who was starting in photography about 12 yrs ago. She had a digital SLR but wanted a mirrored (real - sorry, couldn't resist) one, too.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members
On September 26, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Alan said:

Yikes!!!

Hmmm? Maybe its one of the alien critters from the Planet X. According to the latest numerologist who, an ancient recently discovered original Greek manuscript states , that instead of hitting earth on September 23rd., Planet X side-stepped the Earth and in the process of side-stepping Earth 144,000 of these critters were deposited on the earth for 7 years. For further information please send me $666.00 for my latest book, complete with a set of audio tapes, to : World Religion Center; 666 Heresy Road; Babylon, New York.

Alan (one of the two witnesses from Revelation 11:3)

In all seriousness, I have a different take on the two witnesses. I don't believe that they are Moses and Elijah, or Moses and Enoch. Moses had died, and it is appointed unto man ONCE to die. If one of them is Moses, then he dies twice. I believe that the two witnesses are a Jew and a Gentile. No one truly knows who the two witnesses are with absolute certainty. Alan, for all I know, you may in fact be one of the two witnesses.

On September 26, 2017 at 3:56 PM, Alan said:

Yikes!!!

Hmmm? Maybe its one of the alien critters from the Planet X. According to the latest numerologist who, an ancient recently discovered original Greek manuscript states , that instead of hitting earth on September 23rd., Planet X side-stepped the Earth and in the process of side-stepping Earth 144,000 of these critters were deposited on the earth for 7 years. For further information please send me $666.00 for my latest book, complete with a set of audio tapes, to : World Religion Center; 666 Heresy Road; Babylon, New York.

Alan (one of the two witnesses from Revelation 11:3)

• Members
23 minutes ago, (Omega) said:

In all seriousness, I have a different take on the two witnesses. I don't believe that they are Moses and Elijah, or Moses and Enoch. Moses had died, and it is appointed unto man ONCE to die. If one of them is Moses, then he dies twice. I believe that the two witnesses are a Jew and a Gentile. No one truly knows who the two witnesses are with absolute certainty. Alan, for all I know, you may in fact be one of the two witnesses.

Not sure I agree with this friend. All we can possibly gather from Scripture amounts to a certain level of speculation no doubt but the idea that they are Moses and Elijah is indirectly supported by Scripture.

Being appointed once to die and after this the Judgment could make a good argument against it but remember that neither Enoch nor Elijah died on earth their first go around nor was Moses body recovered so that passage of Scripture is obviously not all encompassing and God can certainly make His own exceptions according to His Will. Technically speaking the two witnesses do physically die at the hands of the beast so perhaps their deaths were simply delayed for God's bigger purpose and do maintain Scriptural consistency.

The identical plagues and wrath brought on by God through these witnesses mirrors the same MO that God used previously with Moses and Elijah.....just saying.

Why would you suppose them to be a random jew and gentile?

• Members
22 hours ago, wretched said:

Not sure I agree with this friend. All we can possibly gather from Scripture amounts to a certain level of speculation no doubt but the idea that they are Moses and Elijah is indirectly supported by Scripture.

Being appointed once to die and after this the Judgment could make a good argument against it but remember that neither Enoch nor Elijah died on earth their first go around nor was Moses body recovered so that passage of Scripture is obviously not all encompassing and God can certainly make His own exceptions according to His Will. Technically speaking the two witnesses do physically die at the hands of the beast so perhaps their deaths were simply delayed for God's bigger purpose and do maintain Scriptural consistency.

The identical plagues and wrath brought on by God through these witnesses mirrors the same MO that God used previously with Moses and Elijah.....just saying.

Why would you suppose them to be a random jew and gentile?

As I said earlier, nobody really knows who the two witnesses are. And just because the two witnesses perform the same miracles as Enoch and Elijah does not necessarily mean that those are the two witnesses. God can empower ANYONE to perform those miracles. I don't limit God's authority to use the same people who performed those miracles. I make the postulation that the two witnesses are a Jew and a Gentile based on a dream that I had, and merely that. I am not saying dogmatically that they are a Jew and Gentile. Just that the dream that I had was the most vivid dream I have ever had, almost to the point where I could not differentiate whether it really happened or not. The Jewish witness was witnessing to the Jews, and the Gentile witness was witnessing to the Gentiles. And they had the same abilities as Elijah and Enoch. I must apologize for hijacking this thread, it's all Alan's fault (kidding of course). I'm not a debater, I am a preacher and a missionary, so I don't really have time for them. Some days I can come aboard OB, and sometimes I'm out for weeks. Whether who the two witnesses are, it will all pan out according to God's plan. And it wouldn't matter who the two witnesses are, all I know is that they are going to get the job done and God will be Glorified. 

God Bless,

Daniel

18 hours ago, HappyChristian said:

Let's not turn this thread into a discussion on eschatology - it's a thread designed to showcase the beauty of God's creation. Feel free to start a thread elsewhere discussing the two witnesses. Thanks.

My sincerest apologies HappyChristian, I promise I will not post any more posts about the two witnesses on this thread.

Edited by (Omega)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

It rarely snows in our neck of the woods (well, in the mountains it does, but we are thousands of feet below...). In the two winters we've been here, we've only had a couple of dustings. And that's usually closer to Christmas and/or in January.

But this past Saturday we got an early surprise.  At our house we got about an inch - not much by some standards, I know, but it's a big deal in an area that, as I said, rarely gets snow - and never this early.

This picture was taken by someone in town. I'm not overly fond of snow, but I do love snowy scenes. 

sequim snow scene.jpg

• Members
I'm sorry...I don't have a pictures. I live in a impoverished city where there is not much beauty to take pictures of as the ones above me. But I can speak on the Beauty of Creation, who's architect of the of New Jerusalem is God Himself. A city that is untouched by the curse of a fallen creation, which is why it exists in the 3rd heaven, because the first and the second heavens have been tainted. Yet beauty can still be found in it.

We all know that the new heavens and the new earth is going to be astounding because there is no more curse. Even though we live in a fallen world, God's creative handiwork in the beauty of creation can still be seen and cherished. In the New Jerusalem, the bible describes the streets as made of pure gold as "transparent" glass. It is unlike any gold found here on earth. The reason why it is transparent is so the Glory of God can radiate through it. Just as the clearer a diamond is, the more expensive it costs. I believe the New Jerusalem will appear like one gigantic transparent diamond in it purest form so God's amazing Glory can shine through it and light the entire infinite universe. 

And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. (Revelation 12:12)

There is also the Tree of Life that produces 12 variations of fruits. Now this is just ONE tree.

In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. (Revelation 22:2)

The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations...Since we will have glorified bodies, why the "healing"? The Greek word for healing is "therapeuo", which where we get the word therapy. A cool breeze of wind is therapeutic. A vitamin is therapeutic, but we don't really need it to survive, but it enhances life. The leaves will enhance our lives even with our celestial bodies.

Even the water of life is transparent so the Glory of God can radiate through it:

And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. (Revelation 22:1)

The twelve manner of fruits represents variety in the New Jerusalem, we're not going to be just playing harps for all of eternity and floating on clouds. We will serving God...the possibilities are endless, especially when there is a new Universe. And the gates are never closed, indicating that we can enter in and out to wherever we have to go to serve The Lord God Almighty. What's also beautiful are the gates, they are not "pearly" gates, but they are A pearl -- one giant pearl. How beautiful!

And the twelve gates were twelve pearls: every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. (Revelation 21:21)

Pearls are formed when the oyster is (I can use the word pierced) or injured. And it's interesting how our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ was pierced and died for our sins, and the result is Eternal Life and a New beautiful creation that is yet to behold.

God Bless,
Daniel

Edited by (Omega)
Grammar

• Members

We have not had snow lately in fact this year the cold weather has only started over the last few days.  We had a frost at the beginning of the week.  I have had some citrus trees in pots outside and I brought three indoors last week and the last one I but under glass Sunday evening ready for the frost Monday morning.