• Welcome Guest

For an ad free experience on Online Baptist, Please login or register for free

The beauty of creation

• Members
8 hours ago, Jim_Alaska said:

Makes me wonder if the scene is any different outfront.     :4_6_2v:

:laugh:

I have another one taken the other direction much later the same day which looks surprisingly similar - but it is also of "the outback".

Cocklebiddy is not the end of the earth, but you can see it from there.......

• Members

I snapped this picture close to home a couple of years ago.  The hawk was sitting on the fence post but then when we got close it flew off.

(Hmmm...having trouble re-sizing this pic)

DSCN4936 - Copy (500x375).jpg

Edited by WellWithMySoul
Image resize

• Members

I had taken down the large photo (pixels), of the Bishopwood Tree in my 1 Kings 4:29-34 devotion on King Solomon and replaced it with a reduced (pixel), size in order to have a scripture passage written in it. For your information, I am using using the GIMP Photo Editor to insert scripture passages. At this stage of my learning o knowing how to work with GIMP (it has a .xcf file system instead of .jpg, and has 'layers,' for inserting text, and other things I must learn), I do not know fully how to edit photos.

Either way, Rebecca requested me to insert the original larger pixel photo of the Bishopwood Tree on her thread without any text. Also, while I was looking in my photo album, and in doing a little more researching, the Bishopwood Tree is also known as the Autumn Maple Tree and the Red Cedar Tree:https://hast.sinica.edu.tw/english/plant_e/Bishopwood-e.htm

Bishopwood Tree  

or Autumn Maple Tree or Red Cedar

Bishopwood Tree Kenting.JPG

Photo by Alan

If anybody on OnLine Baptist would like to have a larger file size photo of any of my devotion scriptures photos, without any scripture passage text or signature, please let me know and I will send you the photo gratis.

Alan

• Moderators

Sunrise in Herlong, taken looking Southeast from my road, while heading to work one morning recently. The water there is the very end of the recently re-formed Honey Lake, a shallow lake that has been empty for the last ten years, and filled up this last wet winter. Our property sits just at the edge of it.

20170531_053503.jpg

• Administrators

Discovery Bay at the Port of Port Townsend Gardiner boat ramp. The top picture shows Diamond Point (from whence I took the picture of Mt. Baker). The bottom picture shows Port Townsend. The gap in between is the entrance into Discovery Bay. We were on the (private) beach just minutes from our house. 

IMG_0048.JPG

IMG_0049.JPG

• Members

That picture was taken about 4 yrs ago on Belfast Rd. north of Standish.  We got to see a funny thing out there.  We saw a herd of antelope out a litle ways from the road, and shortly after we saw a good sized coyote on the hunt heading for the antelope.  I'm an old softie and I knew what was going to happen, and I didn't want to watch. We kept driving along slowly until the fellas began to laugh.  I looked over and began to laugh too.  That ole coyote was totally skedaddling out of there, zig zagging here and there with a big cloud of dust following behind.  That herd of antelope was grouped up and hot on the tail of that coyote!  That was quite the sight to see.